Sign in to follow this  
hotcakes

The new weapon sway and the M4A1

Has anyone noticed a change in the M4A1's operation in experimental?

The gun itself recoils violently to the left along with all the other recoil that usually occurs, because the weapon and the character now have separate handling. There's no two-cursor system like in the earlier iterations of DayZ to show where the gun is truly shooting when unscoped.

What do you think?

Edited by hotcakes
  • Like 1

I like it. It's more.. For lack of a better word, realistic. I hated the old Recoil and return to original position thing. Maybe it'll help curve the " Till she goes click " mentality.

I hated the old Recoil and return to original position thing. Maybe it'll help curve the " Till she goes click " mentality.

Well, it's not realistic (in my opinion) to have the recoil just ascend endlessly. When I fire a weapon, the weapon naturally resets (to a degree, it might not be exactly on-target, but it usually isn't far off) after recoiling. The muzzle doesn't just hover angled up, one's muscles and natural position reset the firearm.

I have no idea if that's how it behaves now in the SA, but I never thought the way the recoil behaves in DayZ to be overly ridiculous (save for the Mosin, which should kick like a mule).

Edited by Katana67

Well, it's not realistic (in my opinion) to have the recoil just ascend endlessly. When I fire a weapon, the weapon naturally resets (to a degree, it might not be exactly on-target, but it usually isn't far off) after recoiling. The muzzle doesn't just hover angled up, one's muscles and natural position reset the firearm.

I have no idea if that's how it behaves, but I never thought the way the recoil behaves in DayZ to be overly ridiculous (save for the Mosin, which should kick like a mule).

The way it is on stable just feels scripted, at least to me. There seems to be a bit of variation in the recoil on Exp, though. It's nice not having the exact same thing every time, It almost feels as if the firearm is moving.

I mean, I could be wrong, I've never fired a fully automatic weapon, But I have done my fair share of shooting.

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed a change in the M4A1's operation in experimental?

The gun itself recoils violently to the left along with all the other recoil that usually occurs, because the weapon and the character now have separate handling. There's no two-cursor system like in the earlier iterations of DayZ to show where the gun is truly shooting when unscoped.

What do you think?

Its fine, better if anything..

The way it is on stable just feels scripted, at least to me. There seems to be a bit of variation in the recoil on Exp, though. It's nice not having the exact same thing every time, It almost feels as if the firearm is moving.

I mean, I could be wrong, I've never fired a fully automatic weapon, But I have done my fair share of shooting.

I could get behind it if it were relative to the caliber fired (as opposed to a blanket "recoil" system). When I fire my friends' PTR-91 (G3 clone), even with compensator and recoil buffer installed, it's certainly pretty difficult to land a follow-up shot (I attribute that to my small hands more than anything, you have to be a burly Teutonic operator to work a G3). I've never fired anything in fully automatic above 5.56x45, but weapons like the M4 are relatively controllable on full-auto. Nevermind semi-auto.

Edited by Katana67

Yea shooting an ar15 is almost comically easy. A  child can easily control the recoil of an ar.

Yet in game the ar has substancial recoil + it fires blackpowder bullets for some reason.

Yea shooting an ar15 is almost comically easy. A  child can easily control the recoil of an ar.

Yet in game the ar has substancial recoil + it fires blackpowder bullets for some reason.

One of the better rifle training schools in the world: USMC has shown that even with weeks of training by experts, qualification at least once per year, and the easiest weapon to shoot as you put it.. (only the better military version of it), out of 250 shooters you will frequently see about 30-50 get a double disqualification. That quite literally means its not comically easy to shoot the weapon. 100% of shooters on the USMC range will tell you so.

One of the better rifle training schools in the world: USMC has shown that even with weeks of training by experts, qualification at least once per year, and the easiest weapon to shoot as you put it.. (only the better military version of it), out of 250 shooters you will frequently see about 30-50 get a double disqualification. That quite literally means its not comically easy to shoot the weapon. 100% of shooters on the USMC range will tell you so.

I was mainly referring to recoil management in comparison to the new changes.

ar kick very softly and even children can control them , fire them accurately is another matter completely.

From my educated, clearly researched findings I declare this:

The M4 itself needs to recoil straight up, not to the left. 

Hello there

You can clearly see the amount of kick in this vid.

Bear in mind he's a big boy.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

You can clearly see the amount of kick in this vid.

Bear in mind he's a big boy.

Rgds

LoK

Yes, but there's no reason for the gun to constantly recoil to the left.

Yes, but there's no reason for the gun to constantly recoil to the left.

Some guns have unique recoil impulses.

The gun recoiling up and the the left is quite normal and perfectly fine.

It is fine so long as the recoil is consistently the same .

That video is not a good indicator of full auto recoil. He's using a slidefire stock.