Sign in to follow this  
TheWizard14

Is it possible to fix damaged optics?

I am wondering if there is some kind of tool kit that can fix a damaged sight because I have a damaged ACOG and the cracks are horrible in it. 

Do I need to find another ACOG or can I fix it some how?

On that note, is it possible to use the top iron sight located on top of the ACOG?

No. And the second i THINK no.

Find a new one is only way to get a better 1 at the moment.
And take the scope off to use iron sights.

Find a new one is only way to get a better 1 at the moment.

And take the scope off to use iron sights.

He means the sight located on top of the ACOG itself, not the gun. On that note; no, you cannot use it (yet)

I see little reason why the game should spawn in broken or useless items like damaged scopes such as the ACOG.. why even have that in the loot spawn? Just have nothing spawn at all and add performance maybe?

I mean if an ACOG is useless outside of worn, have it spawn in worn or pristine state. Or not at all. Save that "slot" for anything else of actual use to someone.. anyone. It gets old finding broken useless scopes, it reminds me so much of finding empty tin cans and toilet paper rolls in the mods. Hated that crap.. and at least the tin cans were useful to some degree ;)

It would be so nice if the Weapon Cleaning Kit could be used to repair parts as well as the gun itself. I get it, it's a cleaning kit, not a repair kit.

But still, Irish has a point. It would maybe better the Performance, or they should make the broken stuff repairable at least. The best you can get with a Reapiring Kit could be "worn" for example, just as it is with the Sewing Kit.

On the same note: Why can't a sewing kit mend my canvas pants or raincoat?

There's no way to fix a scope IRL, at least not as a regular civilian without proper equipment and supplies.

Broken scopes shouldnt even spawn, they're worse than the iron sights.

There's no way to fix a scope IRL, at least not as a regular civilian without proper equipment and supplies.

Broken scopes shouldnt even spawn, they're worse than the iron sights.

Well for the moment even badly damaged LRS works just fine an has no cracks. I actually have a damaged one on my mosin right now with a pristine in a protector case in my bag. No reason to even switch it out

Edit: I forgot to add, however, that I do agree... Broken scopes spawning in is a total waste of server performance

Edited by Facetentacles