gibonez

Weapons need to spawn with atleast 1 magazine in them.

Also one trip to balota tents and you can usually find a magazine for any of the pistols.

that is part of the problem it makes little logical sense for a weapons magazine to be kept km away from the weapon itself.

Why would the gun owner store his magazine miles away from the pistol at some military base.

Never found it to be a problem.  Certainly not one that needs such a poor 'fix'.  Magazines and ammo are not hard to get hold of.

Ammo is not a problem with this suggestion. This is about whether or not an essential part of a weapon being with a firearm or not.

Magazines are essential to the function of a magazine fed weapon. They are just as critical to a weapon as a cylinder in a revolver is or a bolt is in a rifle.

The root problem is how this decision to spawn magazines randomly affects the games balance and or player decision.

You see it all the time due to magazines how many times have people dropped a fnx for a revolver how many times have people dropped their fully kitted m4 for a mosn or an sks.

The way the game handles magazines creates artificial balancing issues , nobody in their right mind would ever drop a modern m4 for a mosin nagant yet in game its super common.

There's absolutely no harm in spawning a weapon with a magazine in it or bullets around it. Not every weapon found is going to be empty. That's just not the way it is. As long as they can make it fairly distributed throughout the map, I'd have no problem with it.

There's absolutely no harm in spawning a weapon with a magazine in it or bullets around it. Not every weapon found is going to be empty. That's just not the way it is. As long as they can make it fairly distributed throughout the map, I'd have no problem with it.

Funny thing is this was also a problem in the mod and it was addressed by having ammo always spawn with weapons.

I am not asking that as ammo is common enough what isn't common or logical is how magazines are distributed.

If the argument is "Gun owners keep their magazines and ammunition near or with their firearms. Thats how it really works." I want proper gun storage. All long barrel rifles and shot guns will be secured in a gun locker or vault in the case of a military spawn, with steel cable ran through the trigger guard and bolts kept separate in a bolt box locked in a safe. Handguns should be secured in a home safe or lock box with trigger locks placed in the trigger guard. I know alot of American players will have a hard time wrapping your heads around this much security, but you go to any other 1st or 2nd world country that enforces gun control and you find these stipulations in place. Image the QQ threads when players have to carry around bolt cutters and hack saw just to get a 9mm :D

and what makes you think that in a poor region like chernarus (look at the kind of building we have there) you would find all these security with mosins and 1022 that the civs own?

Or you're just another dude thinking all the world is identical to the country you live on?

I don't see why the magazine for a 22 rifle would spawn as military loot. It makes no sense and is unbalanced. Nobody uses that weapon purely for this reason.

I don't see why the magazine for a 22 rifle would spawn as military loot. It makes no sense and is unbalanced. Nobody uses that weapon purely for this reason.

It's a shame because that weapon should probably be the most common weapon its quiet, kills zombies quickly. readily available and ammo is plentiful.

Same with the amphiabia although I wish they had a regular non silenced ruger pistol too.

Generaly gun owners don't store their ammo a half-mile down the road in their neighbour Yevgeny's house and their magazines above some shelves near a grand piano three blocks over.

The magazines should have a good chance to spawn in the guns, or around the guns. It makes little sense never finding a magazine near a gun. The mod had a good chance of spawning magazines near guns, it made sense. The ammo should be the stuff that's harder to come by.

Personally I don't care about the KoS argument, having the game follow logic and make sense is more important than preventing folks from finding magazines at all costs.

This is so true. I hope it is changed soon. 

@lipemr

Im basing my opinion off of 4 years in the military, civilian firearm ownership, and travels abroad. You can also note in my post that I specifically noted Chenarus as a country with gun control, so if Chenarus is a former Soviet state, its importation and weapon handling laws would be reflective of the average former USSR country, and from my understanding those laws are extremely strict, what better way to control a populace than by removing its access to weapons it could use to over throw the government. Secondly, lets say for arguments sake that Chenarus is more of an Eastern NATO country, much like the C.R, Bulgaria or Romania, then it would also fall under the importing and weapon handling laws that most eastern NATO/EU countries succumb to, and those laws are once again, extremely strict on the storage of weapons. 

Please don't assume that I think every other country is like my country, when you do not know me at all. If I assumed every country had the same restricted firearms laws that Canada has, I would be requesting that Chenarus have no automatic weapons and no magazines that load past five rounds (They are obtainable in Canada, only the loading of ammunition past 5 rounds in most semi-automatic hunting rifles is illegal.). 

(They are obtainable in Canada, only the loading of ammunition past 5 rounds in most semi-automatic hunting rifles is illegal.). 

Off topic, but that is absolute bullshit and I think you Canadians should push for less strict gun laws!

On topic, the main reason we want magazines to spawn near or in the weapon (empty of course) is so that guns that are currently useless BECOME useful.

Right now, the M4A1 is the only weapon I use with a magazine as you mainly find it in areas that spawn M4A1 magazines. The only pistol I can really use is the Magnum, as I don't need a magazine! I'd love to rock the M1911 but it is hard enough to find the magazines unless you head to a military base, which isn't everyone's fancy.

Plus, who is going to use a Sporter 22 when they have military weapons? The magazines, both 10 and 30, should spawn empty / near-full / somewhere in the middle on the sporters, near the sporters, or at least somewhere residential. The sporter is useless due to the lack of magazines in any area other then the military bases and the three magazine-based pistols are rarely ever used due to this as well.

My idea:

Gun, chance of spawning parts (M4 and other guns with parts)

10%- all parts are pristine

20% - half/some parts ruined (other parts badly damaged, damaged) [no pristine and worn parts]

20% - half/some parts pristine (other parts worn, damaged) [no ruined and badly damaged parts]

50% - random selection between worn, damaged and badly damaged parts

Weapons without parts

8% - pristine

18% - worn

44% - damaged

22% - badly damaged

8% - ruined

Gun spawning (Magazine-gun ratio 3:1)

15% Sporter

20% SKS

13% M4

15% Mosin

12% Blaze

25% Shotgun

Pistol spawning (Magazine-pistol ratio 4:1)

15% M1911

18% FNX

15% Amphibia

30% CR75

22% Magnum

Edited by EvilTigerAce

My idea:

Gun, chance of spawning parts (M4 and other guns with parts)

10%- all parts are pristine

20% - half/some parts ruined (other parts badly damaged, damaged) [no pristine and worn parts]

20% - half/some parts pristine (other parts worn, damaged) [no ruined and badly damaged parts]

50% - random selection between worn, damaged and badly damaged parts

Weapons without parts

8% - pristine

18% - worn

44% - damaged

22% - badly damaged

8% - ruined

Gun spawning (Magazine-gun ratio 3:1)

15% Sporter

20% SKS

13% M4

15% Mosin

12% Blaze

25% Shotgun

Pistol spawning (Magazine-pistol ratio 4:1)

15% M1911

18% FNX

15% Amphibia

30% CR75

22% Magnum

m4's and sks's should be 5~6% spawning. We have way too much auto/semiauto weapons hanging around. Mosins and shotguns should be the common weapons. the blazer should be much more accurate than the mosin, as the accuracy on the mosin should be more like the SKS.

Edited by lipemr

m4's and sks's should be 5~6% spawning. We have way too much auto/semiauto weapons hanging around. Mosins and shotguns should be the common weapons. the blazer should be much more accurate than the mosin, as the accuracy on the mosin should be more like the SKS.

I don't agree. The SKS is russian, so you'd find that a lot in Chernarus. The Mosin accuracy should stay as it is, it's a sniper/hunting rifle, right? And, the blaze is already the most (iron sight) accurate rifle in the game.

I don't agree. The SKS is russian, so you'd find that a lot in Chernarus. The Mosin accuracy should stay as it is, it's a sniper/hunting rifle, right? And, the blaze is already the most (iron sight) accurate rifle in the game.

The mosin nagant is a military service rifle .

It is by no means a sniper rifle heck the version in game cant even take optics so  I am not sure why it does.

Anyway the mosin has a spread of about 3-6 feet at 800m.

In game its a bit too accurate and the sks is a bit too inaccurate, the m4 is insanely inaccurate.

m4, sks, and mosin the most accurate gun of the 3 would be the m4.

• Like 2

The mosin nagant is a military service rifle .

It is by no means a sniper rifle heck the version in game cant even take optics so  I am not sure why it does.

Anyway the mosin has a spread of about 3-6 feet at 800m.

In game its a bit too accurate and the sks is a bit too inaccurate, the m4 is insanely inaccurate.

m4, sks, and mosin the most accurate gun of the 3 would be the m4.

Indeed.

Assault rifles aren't made for being bullethoses. Assault rifles nowadays are accurate weapons with high capacity magazines and the ability to switch between semi, burst, and auto. They are not restricted to CQC, but neverless excel in it. They can be used for a variety of purposes. You can suppress with an assault rifle, easily breach with an assault rifle, and still pick off enemies with well-aimed and placed shots.

They are multipurpose, and that is why most modern day infantry is armed with them. If the M4A1 acted in real life as it does in DayZ... lets just say, it wouldn't be that popular.

• Like 1

Agreed somewhat, I'd rather have it random; some may have mags that are empty or with only a couple rounds in it, some without mags, some ruined or damaged instead of pristine etc. 

^Freshspawns can already kill you easily with their fists. Or farming hoe, sickle, shovel, pickaxe (which I just found for the first time today) and it goes on :P Besides, once they find a gun with ammo they aren't freshies anymore imo.

Should definitely be random as the game is supposed to be survival. 

nope, it shouldnt.

It's already common sense that the weapons accuracy is fucked up in the actual moment.

Making the guns spawn with a magazine might lead to a lot of player killing. Instead I would like for magazines to be much more common in the world. As it stands, pistol magazines are almost too rare to even bother carrying the guns around. I have been playing this game for a week and I still have not found a single m1911 magazine, or a magazine for the .22 pistol. I have only ever found 9mm magazines, and even those are rare. The only pistol that makes sense to carry at the moment is the magnum because it doesn't require a magazine for multiple rounds.

I think besides pistol mags, mags should be less common than they currently are.  As it stands there's a huge overabundance of m4 mags, and I also feel they shouldn't spawn with bullets already in them.

Ammo/mags should be something you're excited to find, so there should be enough that you can reliably find one in the vicinity of where you'd find the gun, but not a ton more than that.

Any where that spawns the gun should have a chance of spawning the mag in the vicinity, but it shouldn't be guaranteed, and definitely shouldn't be IN the gun already.

Edited by Bororm

The majority of the weapons in the game are rendered useless because of one simple misshap.

They do not spawn with magazines or do not have a magazine in them.

This small problem has lead to the prefered weapons in the game being weapons with either A no magazines or B internal magazines.

weapons like the sporter 22, semi automatic pistols and others are rendered pretty useless .

This makes no sense on multiple levels primarily because it makes no sense to find a weapon when looting and not finding ammo or magazines for the weapon nearby since these tend to be stored together.

Until the game starts spawning magazines next to or in the same loot spawn as the weapon they will be rendered pretty useless.

Nope, this is definitely not needed

guns and ammo are easy to come by as it is right now, no need for more easy PvP

Also, guns and their ammo are never stored together, anyone with a little knowledge in that can tell you that

here in germany, it is even forbidden to have a gun that is not properly locked away, with the ammo for the gun locked away seperately

just imagine you want to take your gun out of its container, and you accidently pull the trigger: oops, you are dead

besides the realism factor though:

don't be so f*cking lazy

The majority of the weapons in the game are rendered useless because of one simple misshap.

They do not spawn with magazines or do not have a magazine in them.

This small problem has lead to the prefered weapons in the game being weapons with either A no magazines or B internal magazines.

weapons like the sporter 22, semi automatic pistols and others are rendered pretty useless .

This makes no sense on multiple levels primarily because it makes no sense to find a weapon when looting and not finding ammo or magazines for the weapon nearby since these tend to be stored together.

Until the game starts spawning magazines next to or in the same loot spawn as the weapon they will be rendered pretty useless.

No. Once the loot starts respawning, all of this will be pointless. I don't want noobs running around with fully kitted out guns that they got from 2 hours of playing the game.  I'm actually hoping they make it harder, imho.

• Like 1

Nope, this is definitely not needed

guns and ammo are easy to come by as it is right now, no need for more easy PvP

Also, guns and their ammo are never stored together, anyone with a little knowledge in that can tell you that

here in germany, it is even forbidden to have a gun that is not properly locked away, with the ammo for the gun locked away seperately

just imagine you want to take your gun out of its container, and you accidently pull the trigger: oops, you are dead

besides the realism factor though:

don't be so f*cking lazy

Is it also against the law to store your guns with your magazines.

I am not asking for ammo to be in the mags just that every weapon spawn include 1 or 2 empty magazines for the weapon because it makes sense for a gun to be stored that way.

More importantly because magazines a fundamental part of a weapon they are not a luxury, a magazine is an absolutely vital part of a functioning weapon and like gews said spawning a magazine fed weapon without any magazine is like spawning a revolver without a cylinder or a rifle without a bolt.

It makes little sense to not do so from a realism stand point and a gameplay stand point.

i really dont know what makes people think weapons spawning with the freaking magazine will increase the pvp, it's not like there's an m4 with 2 mags in every barracks that you go in, right?  :rolleyes:

all these carebears, oh dear.

Edited by lipemr

I think every can of food should spawn with a can opener.

How is that even related.

A better example would be.

M4 should not spawn with a bolt.

revolver should not spawn with a cylinder

axes should not spawn with a handle.

A weapon system that has a magazine requires one to be a functioning firearm so its lack of one is no different than removing the bolt or any critical component of a non magazine weapon.

I would also like to hear how spawning mags with weapons increases pvp ?

Do people still not understand that no game mechanic can stop or persuade people from not shooting each other. They can make it where your character has a heart attack if he shoots another player and guess what, people will still pvp and shoot on sight.

Not because they lack things to do but because people find enjoyment in ruining other peoples fun. It is that simple.

of course, cause they're sold with a can opener attached to them, right?