Sign in to follow this  
MCNine

"Camping" KOS

What are your thoughts of this type of playing? Someone waits in a highly populated area and shoots with no communication whatsoever. In my opinon, this ruins the gameplay because if everyone had this mentality there would be no player interactions because many players would be holed up in some hallway or in a tree line. Still you can get geared but in softcore servers you can almost can get in a 0 person server.

I just got killed in a 14/30 hardcore server by some stranger as i got my freshly spawned toon with a m4 (yes i know, but no ammo) and a hat. He shot me as i was walkin inside and didnt even say a word.

Maybe we all should hole up with Mosin's...

My personal play style isn't to shoot on sight, although I don't have a problem with those that do. It gives me that constant feeling of paranoia & keeps me on my toes. Variety in play styles are good, & KoSers should force you to be more cautious.

• Like 1

There is already a topic on this but yeah, I agree that the SA has a lot bandits playing (I am not one). I would much prefer getting held up and handcuffed while I try to make a awkward conversation with the person take is taking my gear and deciding whether to put a bullet in my brain or let me live on. This makes the game a whole lot more interesting.    

Edited by ThatBritshGuy

If you had more than 9 posts people might take you more seriously.

All i hear from reading this is your upset that you lost your gear.

If there weren't people who KOS then this wouldn't be DayZ.

in/bf lock

• Like 1

I love this forum and game. I can tell you everyone can play the way he wants. That's the main mentality of the game. If you like playing tree and shoot everyone within 1000m with your mosin just do it. Can be fun, maybe not on the receiving side, but everyone as he likes.

And I highly doubt that everyone likes it..

For all you know, he was there looting the place, spotted you coming in with an m4, if he didnt shoot you on sight, then hell be the one on here telling how someone just shot him walking out of a building... Being killed is part of the game...

in/bf lock

Just because he has 9 posts there is no reason for him not to be taken seriously, Its just his opinion.

• Like 1

in/bf lock

You know you can post something constructive. I had no gear to lose and you would of know that had you read the post instead of just being rude.

This isn't about KOS but about people camping and waiting on people in high loot areas. Seriously we need some more Zeds.

Just because he has 9 posts there is no reason for him not to be taken seriously, Its just his opinion.

Indeed, I was one of the first to play the mod back in the summer of '12. I also do not belittle others. But i guess the whole kill on sight problem would be mitigated with more aggressive zombies in large packs.

in/bf lock

I have at least 10 posts...want me to start a thread so you can take it seriously? Sure, some threads are nothing but butthurt players having enough of beeing sniped at Balota the 10th time but some also show logic. Tbh i don't give a damn if ppl sit on Elektro hill or elsewhere for hours to get their cheap "sniper" kills and show off on youtube to boost their ego but newspawns ( a lot of them prolly new players expecting a zombie survival and not a sniper game ) are the victims here and everyone looks down on such people. KoS isn't part of DayZ, it was brought in by KoS kiddies from other shooters who don't know any other playstyle.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 3

I feel ya OP. folks think they are bad ass sitting in a spot sniping. then they make you tube videos showin how small there dick is. I personally do not give too shits about sniper skills big deal.Can't wait for the scope glint to come in to play I know most of the snipers will be too stupid to place themselves right.what I do enjoy though are videos of CQC combat or 1 vs 4 infantry combat now that's a mans league not this sitting in a bush with a burlap sack on your head shooting some poor fucker.i wish we could do like they did in wars past and heat up a combat knife and burn out there eyes then of course we let them go.

• Like 1

Had a dude try to do that to me on experimental, he was up on the ATC tower at NEAF.  I climbed the ladder and he point blanked me in the face with an M4, he was such a crappy shot that he only knocked me out, I waited, came to patched up and made like a French soldier in 1940 since it was a Mexican Standoff, would be too tough to get at him and didn't want to wait him out. 

Meanwhile we had a conversation.  Right after he winged me he said "surprise mfer", I replied with "Oh you are sooo cool, now come patch me up", he says "what?  no pretty please?"  what a doche.    Ruined one of my two pristine canteens too.  Would be kinda fun if a zed or two would randomly spawn up there.

Edited by Barnabus

There is already a topic on this but yeah, I agree that the SA has a lot bandits playing (I am not one). I would much prefer getting held up and handcuffed while I try to make a awkward conversation with the person take is taking my gear and deciding whether to put a bullet in my brain or let me live on. This makes the game a whole lot more interesting.    

Bandit is too nice a word for that, camper is better and more accurate.

More zombies, Vehicles and thermal sights would definitely help with the problem of people just sitting in a bush in NWAF or NEAF.

What we need are zombies that walk without player interaction. Let's call them walkers since i cant think of a more original name. These zombies roam the entire map and keep the player on his toes. There i just made the game 2x more difficult.

• Like 2

More zombies, Vehicles and thermal sights would definitely help with the problem of people just sitting in a bush in NWAF or NEAF.

What we need are zombies that walk without player interaction. Let's call them walkers since i cant think of a more original name. These zombies roam the entire map and keep the player on his toes. There i just made the game 2x more difficult.

Yeah agreed, I know what I am about to say has been said but it would be cool if there was big groups of walkers roaming the forest so if you see them you have a few options, run for you life or gun them down. For taking on these herds you will most likely need more than one person, now if you are not already with a group of friends this will encourage players to team up and take down the walkers for their own survival. Overall I think they need to just rework the zombies.    

Edited by ThatBritshGuy

I have at least 10 posts...want me to start a thread so you can take it seriously? Sure, some threads are nothing but butthurt players having enough of beeing sniped at Balota the 10th time but some also show logic. Tbh i don't give a damn if ppl sit on Elektro hill or elsewhere for hours to get their cheap "sniper" kills and show off on youtube to boost their ego but newspawns ( a lot of them prolly new players expecting a zombie survival and not a sniper game ) are the victims here and everyone looks down on such people. KoS isn't part of DayZ, it was brought in by KoS kiddies from other shooters who don't know any other playstyle.

KoS kiddie?  I, sir, am a full grown man.  Following a time-honored tradition of my father and his father before him.  Waking up at 5am.  Dressing myself in green from head to toe.  Grabbing a hearty breakfast of canned beans and Cola.  I grab my instrument (a man's battle rifle like an SKS or Mosin, not a "prey and spray" child's toy like an M4), trusty sidearm and my hunting knife.  I then go deep into the woods by the coast road, making myself invisible for hours, until I spy my prey -the wiley new spawn.  Easily recognizable by his T-shirt and rudimentary gear.  Keeping my distance so as not to get knocked out by his tiny fist, I stalk my target.  Then, when the moment is right, and only then, I take him down with a single round to head.  None of the kill is wasted.  I take his flashlight battery.  I tear his shirt into bandages.  Maybe he even has some ammo that I can use.  And as his spirit goes to wherever it goes, I take comfort in that he will reincarnate, smarter and wiser, knowing that, zombies or no zombies (or the stupid-ass retarded zombies we have now), Cherno is no place to be skipping down the road without a care in the world.

• Like 4

Hear, hear. On all points I might add.

Really, if we could set up planned team stronghold game where two teams of 20 try to "obtain" the other teams stronghold "a random building or structure".

10 guys go to take the structure the other 10 hold theirs. This would work best with two adjoining cities or in the same city. Once the team goes to the building and clears it out they win.

Not a problem. This type of kos is no different than any other kos.

Only reason this type of kos is more prevalent is because of it secure you can be when looking around walls and above objects while in tpv.

Also lol @ thermal sights.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

Not a problem. This type of kos is no different than any other kos.

Only reason this type of kos is more prevalent is because of it secure you can be when looking around walls and above objects while in tpv.

Also lol @ thermal sights.

Does this mean that we won't be able to call down nuclear strikes either?

• Like 1

To be honest: i have a mosin with a long range scope. I kill everyone i see. Sometimes i don´t even loot them. And yes, sometimes i´m in Cherno and try to kill people on the airfield, because at the moment there is no other end game content for me (no critisism for the devs). I like the idea of killing people, who are miles away. 

And please don´t come around with "ehh, fucking sniper!". Me and my Mosin don´t need your support :)

I think when the development progresses and there are reasons to interact with people like building up something or live together and protect each other, than i won´t camp anymore. Until then i´m out there with my mosin and a bullet with your name on it  ;)

Edited by Kanthos
  • Like 1

What are your thoughts of this type of playing? Someone waits in a highly populated area and shoots with no communication whatsoever. In my opinon, this ruins the gameplay because if everyone had this mentality there would be no player interactions because many players would be holed up in some hallway or in a tree line. Still you can get geared but in softcore servers you can almost can get in a 0 person server.

I just got killed in a 14/30 hardcore server by some stranger as i got my freshly spawned toon with a m4 (yes i know, but no ammo) and a hat. He shot me as i was walkin inside and didnt even say a word.

Maybe we all should hole up with Mosin's...

Get used to it. It is the entire point of the game and there's nothing else to do.

Part of the game, some do... a lot dont. Im currently doing just that - although trying to kill only armed guys, etc... Im practising my combat and tactical skills.

• Like 1