Jolunn

Will tents and bases reduce KoS mentality

When persistent storage is added, will you rather than just shooting on sight try to follow the target to see what they're up to.   It will also give the pursued some opportunity to protect themselves as long as they have the situational awareness to detect when they're being followed.  It will bring a new dynamic to the game for both parties that I will enjoy.

I havn't got a problem with KoS btw the old adage remains the same "you have to be seen to be KoS" hell I've been shot so many times now trying to help others that I will KoS 80% of the time nowadays. 

Yes, I think many of the features planned will all add up and indirectly reduce KOS mentality, and that the game will balance itself in the long-run.

• Like 1

lel, I don't think you understand why people KoS...

they don't do it for loot.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 2

It's my understanding that they're afraid, or just bored.

It's my understanding that they're afraid, or just bored.

Bingo.

They're either cowards who don't want to lose their 1337 gear, or they just get lulz from killing people.

Erm yup I understand why they do it, do you understand a question though. This is how the question started "will you rather than just shooting"

Edited by Jolunn

No they will not and before anyone keeps asking nothing will stop the kos on mentality.

Not bases, not tents, not even reducing guns and ammo.

Nothing stop people from having fun by murdering people.

• Like 2

No they will not and before anyone keeps asking nothing will stop the kos on mentality.

You can't really claim that additions to the game won't effect it. In reality, it depends on the person playing. KoS isn't always just "fun" for people. It's a situational thing sometimes, or a number of other things.

When persistent storage is added, will you rather than just shooting on sight try to follow the target to see what they're up to.   It will also give the pursued some opportunity to protect themselves as long as they have the situational awareness to detect when they're being followed.  It will bring a new dynamic to the game for both parties that I will enjoy.

I havn't got a problem with KoS btw the old adage remains the same "you have to be seen to be KoS" hell I've been shot so many times now trying to help others that I will KoS 80% of the time nowadays. 

I would follow them. That would be so much fun. It wouldn't be the like common experience that you can have in DayZ right now.

we have a winner!

What Rick said, look at the mod.

There's KOS you say?

Question answered. 

Yes I think it will make the game more fun because you will wanna follow people to find there loot and raid there base but they better add that stuff before H1Z1 comes out because everyone i know will be switching to that game.

Yes I think it will make the game more fun because you will wanna follow people to find there loot and raid there base but they better add that stuff before H1Z1 comes out because everyone i know will be switching to that game.

Can I haz your stuff?

Maybe you will be and that is fine, I put up the CU in SWG but NGE was the ultimate insult. Not going through that again, especially if Darth Smed has anything at all to say about it. Screw SOE. In fact I think I would KoS Smed if I ever saw him in game, then hunt his fat ass down and do it again and again and again, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

As for the OP, no it won't, go try Rust, KoS is rampant, even on the PVE only servers (exploited bug).

Edited by Barnabus

Maybe you will be and that is fine, I put up the CU in SWG but NGE was the ultimate insult. Not going through that again, especially if Darth Smed has anything at all to say about it. Screw SOE.

As for the OP, no it won't, go try Rust, KoS is rampant, even on the PVE only servers (exploited bug).

I wouldn't see the purpose in KOS why not follow them while they go to hide it all and you wouldn't even have to kill them though it would be a task you would have to hide and not lose them or be seen but worth it.

No, it won't stop or reduce it, nothing will as long as there's guns, valuable loot and the option to grief someone.

Bingo.

They're either cowards who don't want to lose their 1337 gear, or they just get lulz from killing people.

Sorry if I don't want to get shot in the face by the first kid I meet.

I can almost guarantee that large amounts of lethal and wandering zeds will REDUCE KoS. I don't see how bases would at all. A common obstacle for people to overcome is what this game really needs.

For the record, I have no problems with KoS AT ALL. atm though it is one of the only things to do in the game. That is a problem but I have faith in the devs.

At the moment there is nothing to do after you get all the gear you want, that's why there are so many bandits and people KoS. When more stuff gets added like tents, vehicles and player bases there will be less because there is a purpose and later on in the games development survival will be a lot harder because right now when you have a few hours under your belt and you know not to really trust anyone and where to go for loot it is really to easy to be running around with full military gear on.   

Yes, I think many of the features planned will all add up and indirectly reduce KOS mentality, and that the game will balance itself in the long-run.

Not played DayZ Mod much?

Not played DayZ Mod much?

No I haven't, but this game may follow a slightly different path to the mod, and I said lessened, unless you've got statistics proving the average KOS occurrence is equal in standalone and the mod, you can't invalidate my argument.

At the moment there is nothing to do after you get all the gear you want, that's why there are so many bandits and people KoS.

Where do you people get this ?

Why do you assume so ?

they could add a million things to do in the game and guess what most of us will continue to shoot on sight why you might ask ?

Because we find it fun to grief people and forcing them to start from scratch.

• Like 1

I got KoS'd a LOT more in the mod, where I would say over 85% of encounters were violent. So no, I don't think tents, bases, or vehicles will reduce KoS.