Jolunn

Will tents and bases reduce KoS mentality

In the end KoS is more rewarding no matter what they put in the game.  One guy could spend weeks collecting supplies and parts for building his base, fixing his vehicle etc.  One person just needs to find a gun and ammo and in a blink of an eye, take all that from that person and claim it.

• Like 1

Gibonez, I have no doubt that KoS will live on even after this game is fully developed. Hostile players should be a very big threat to you. Zombies should be too though. If you need to band with/ not shoot at people to survive AT TIMES, I am sure KoS would decrease. No sense in shooting some one who poses no threat to you when it will almost certainly cause your own death by attracting a large amount of lethal zeds right to you.

Yes and no...

At first people will be preoccupied with finding a tent, then finding a good spot to place it, filling it up with loot. So they wont be out just to kill people all the time.  

But once those tents are full of gear, people will want to go on a good old KoS spree because they have a reserve of gear.

Them having perma-death, just as your player does means theres always the chance you can loose it all instantly to a group of camp hunters.....a dayz mod profession lol

Ultimately I see tents as being the things that make the inland areas much more populated with players. Not just because people don't want there bases right by where people spawn, but for the logistics of being closer to a high value loot spot :)

Sorry if I don't want to get shot in the face by the first kid I meet.

Which consequently makes you one of the kids you meet.

:facepalm:

Edited by Geckofrog7

the only thing that will work on the KoS problem is whitelisting servers..

start breaking the player base up into its subclass' of player types..

everyone wins...

except those players that dont really like fair fight PVP, but prefer to shoot player who wont/dont PVP..

There is no KOS problem

If you find, ever in your travels, that you are killed on sight. Stay out of sight.

If you want to interact with other players YOU run the risk of getting killed. For some it's worth it, for others it is not.

The object of the game DayZ is two-fold: To survive or die. Both are perfectly fine and are part of the experience.

• Like 1

probably not, but it will give people an incentive to go inland. 

will make it worse.

Just look at dayz epoch, that's a giant wasteland with better basebuilding and zombies.