Sign in to follow this  
I Pro Devon

My First Bandit Kill On Standalone

I have never like the thought of being a bandit. I don't know why, I just thought it was unfair and I've only killed in defence or when I'm in a group. 

So, I had just entered The Prison at the entrance of NE Airfield and I found a fireaxe, a green ballistic helmet and some food when I hear "Hello, are you friendly" in a really strong Russian accent. Happily I replied "Yep, have you got a weapon?". He said he'd put it on his back and he walked upstairs. He was decked out, he had an M4 with and ACOG sight (yum) in his hands and a Mosin with a long range scope, compensator and bipod on his back. TTsKo Pants and Jacket along with other goodies. He asks me if I have any M1911 mags and pulls out a can of coke. I couldn't help myself as I pulled out my Mosin and pulled the trigger as he spoke his final word "Please". 

I feel really shitty as it was my first cold-blooded kill and the guy was really nice. Just thought I'd share as it happened 15 minutes ago.

Edit. Karma fucked me over as my character has been reset + this has happened to so many times before and I have complained about it yet I have done it myself... Hypocrisy at it's finest. This was my FIRST AND LAST time ever doing something like that to someone again.

Edited by I Pro Devon

Wasted opportunity. Also you're not a bandit, just a KoS kiddie.

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 1

Wasted opportunity. Also you're not a bandit, just a KoSer.

1. That wasn't KoS.

2. I killed one person in cold-blood, that does not make me a bandit nor a KOSer.

3. A wasted opportunity? 

thats low.  karma is a horrible thing.

I know man I'm waiting for the karma to smack me in the face. I feel bad about it :(

1.It is KoS. Just because you waited for five seconds when he was totally defenseless doesn't mean its not KoS.

2.You call it a 'bandit' kill, figured you were calling yourself a bandit.

3.There is much much more you can do with or to other players than kill them. Use your imagination :P

1.It is KoS. Just because you waited for five seconds when he was totally defenseless doesn't mean its not KoS.

2.You call it a 'bandit' kill, figured you were calling yourself a bandit.

3.There is much much more you can do with or to other players than kill them. Use your imagination :P

1. We had talked for a couple of minutes. I didn't kill him for no reason, I had a mosin with no attatchments, default clothes, 20 rounds. He was geared.

2. Kinda, it was one bandit act so I don't think that makes me a bandit.

3. That is where you're correct and that is why I feel so bad about it.

You know you probably just created one more person who will KOS from here on out.

You can force feed people poison, break their legs and make them crawl for miles, steal there items, inject blood and cause them seizures....

but what you just did was the more cold then all of them put together...betrayal

• Like 2

There would be no problem with this situation if you didn't lie about being friendly. That's a dick move. But it happens a lot, the reason people do KOS is so they don't have to deal with the situation you just gave that guy. They don't want to worry about trusting anybody and getting tricked, so they just shoot you instead.

• Like 1

Well I can happily say Karma has just slapped my in the face as when I tried to log on, my character got reset. I can gladly say that'll be the last time I pull something like that off again.

I have never like the thought of being a bandit. I don't know why, I just thought it was unfair and I've only killed in defence or when I'm in a group. 

So, I had just entered The Prison at the entrance of NE Airfield and I found a fireaxe, a green ballistic helmet and some food when I hear "Hello, are you friendly" in a really strong Russian accent. Happily I replied "Yep, have you got a weapon?". He said he'd put it on his back and he walked upstairs. He was decked out, he had an M4 with and ACOG sight (yum) in his hands and a Mosin with a long range scope, compensator and bipod on his back. TTsKo Pants and Jacket along with other goodies. He asks me if I have any M1911 mags and pulls out a can of coke. I couldn't help myself as I pulled out my Mosin and pulled the trigger as he spoke his final word "Please". 

I feel really shitty as it was my first cold-blooded kill and the guy was really nice. Just thought I'd share as it happened 15 minutes ago.

Edit. Karma fucked me over as my character has been reset + this has happened to so many times before and I have complained about it yet I have done it myself... Hypocrisy at it's finest. This was my FIRST AND LAST time ever doing something like that to someone again.

Oh don't worry about it, just expect this guy to do the same to anyone else who claims they are friendly, pat yourself on the back.

Also the title can be misleading i thought i was in for another 'i killed a bandit who i saw picking up a spade' story and was pleasantly surprised.

You only made one mistake: you forget to make him watch you bang Carl before killing him.

• Like 2

You murdered someone. Suck it up, we've all done it.  :blush:

However allow me to join the chorus of people saying murder ! = banditry and banditry ! = murder.

Killing another player for ruined gear is pointless. A full modded pristine m4 isn't even worth it especially when you can kill just as fast with any pistol. The current m4 is just a glorified pea shooter

Killing another player for ruined gear is pointless. A full modded pristine m4 isn't even worth it especially when you can kill just as fast with any pistol. The current m4 is just a glorified pea shooter

It has been a while since shooting someone ruined all of their stuff, and it never did ruin their weapon. A friend of mine got stuck in some rocks and asked me to shoot him in the face with my SKS, the only thing ruined was his helmet and I was able to salvage a lot of his stuff for him.

Theres nothing more i hate than someone calling out friendly and then they shoot you as you put your weapon down. I dont care what anyone says, its a form of cheating. I think people get way too attach to gear in this game and/or are afraid to die. It really ruins the game. Either you tell the guy your a bandit and duke it out 1v1 style... or call out friendly and be best buds. Douche

• Like 1

If you make only headshots you can get stuff not ruined.. kos is still childish. KoS kiddies are my breakfast.

@Hoodlumcorp

You need to get out of sunshine and fairy dust land. This game isn't set in a civilized world, its the damned wild west. The factors of lying and trust are two main components, if we were all bound to a code of honour that triggered some type of "friendly fire off" switch then this game would lack what makes it beautiful. The OP did a pretty fucked up thing, he lied, however the guy who lost his kit fucked up himself by trusting a complete stranger within oh, 30 seconds of meeting him? Would you walk up to some guy on the street and hand him the keys to your car, a wallet full of cash and you watch and be like "Hey man, you look alright, dont steal these while I go take a piss." Nope. So why do you feel that someone should have to act that way here? 

People need to wrap their heads around the fact that this is a POST APOCALYPTIC scenario! The rules that bind us as a community and civilization are now gone. It's survival of the fittest out there and the OP was the alpha in this situation. 

You must be referring to the Sporter. ;3 The M4 is DayZ's BFG.

@Hoodlumcorp

You need to get out of sunshine and fairy dust land. This game isn't set in a civilized world, its the damned wild west. The factors of lying and trust are two main components, if we were all bound to a code of honour that triggered some type of "friendly fire off" switch then this game would lack what makes it beautiful. The OP did a pretty fucked up thing, he lied, however the guy who lost his kit fucked up himself by trusting a complete stranger within oh, 30 seconds of meeting him? Would you walk up to some guy on the street and hand him the keys to your car, a wallet full of cash and you watch and be like "Hey man, you look alright, dont steal these while I go take a piss." Nope. So why do you feel that someone should have to act that way here? 

People need to wrap their heads around the fact that this is a POST APOCALYPTIC scenario! The rules that bind us as a community and civilization are now gone. It's survival of the fittest out there and the OP was the alpha in this situation. 

blahblahblah whatever. you guys probably sucker punch people in real life too. play the game for real, dont be a bitch. its more fun that way i promise.

• Like 1