Toast123

Please help! Cant play the game!

For some reason recently i havent been able to play the game every time i try to start it it just says "preparing to launch" then that goes away and nothing happens.

1)I can see the Dayz.exe*32 open in my task manager but i am still just looking at my desktop.

2) IF i try to open the game again it says that it fails to launch because it is already running

We need more info ;)

What's your hardware?

HAve you tried validating the files through steam?

Any google researches you've come across that might come in handy?

Delete local files from steam, then reinstall

Ive played it before i had over 150+ hours in the game then one day it just didnt work  :blush: I have validated the files, reinstalled the game, reinstalled steam, googled searched it a ton did pretty much everything and still its screwed

1) windows 7 64 

2)4 gigs of ram

3)i3 dual core processor 3.4 ghz

4)Also it should be noted that this is the only game that this happens on every other game in my steam library works

Hm this is obviously weird. You haven't changed anything since the last time you played?

It might have been a windows update but im not sure which one or how to fix that

Hm, acutally no idea what could have caused it. Maybe someone else has any ideas?

All I can say is try reinstalling steam again, validate files, delete dayz and reinstall, but well you already did that.

For now, my last solution would be trying to set the system back to before that windows update that may have caused it, but imo this is very unlikely.

Last and final solution formate and reinstall your system =/ - but that's worst case scenario.

Edited by sm00tje

Don't uninstall until you know for sure that you cannot figure out the problem. 

Edited by Iownzyou

Could this just be an alpha bug and i just have to wait for the next Dayz update

Could this just be an alpha bug and i just have to wait for the next Dayz update

Don't think so we would have much more threads about the issue then

I tried compatability mode wasnt any help also checked if my drivers are up to date

I think your best bet is reinstallation / at least validate the local files as mentioned. Shouldn't affect you in any way considering your character is locked to your steam account (you have nothing to lose other than 5gb of download). But you shouldn't be worried about that data usage anyway cos you're gaming online :p

Just close it in your task manager and then start the game. Happened to me as well, fixed itself after about a week of this minor annoyance.

Few possible fixes...

1, close steam then go to task manager.....ensure you are viewing processes from all users than make sure there is nothing to do with steam lingering. This can cause some games not to start, or even steam not to start, if that process doesn't close with steam.

2, If it says Dayz already running then there is something in task manager related to it, again make sure you are viewing processes from all users and try to find anything related.

3, video card drivers.....these things can cause so many problems with games. Go to manufacturers site and check for new ones. Iv had games stop working that worked fine, only to have them work again after new drivers went on.

4, long shot..... but try clearing your registery with something like CCleaner, old entries can cause conflicts.

That's about all I can think of for now. If the problem has persisted over a reinstall it makes me lean towards drivers being the issue, if all else fails try steam support, they should be able to help :)

There was a nVidia driver update not to long ado that ugged out the game(black screen was one of the reports) role back you video drivers and try that..

It just came to my mind, have you tried running steam as admin?

• Like 1

My video card drivers are up to date and mine are AMD not nividia i have also tried running steam as admin im gonna try the registry clean and going to check if anything is running in the background

Tried the registry clean with Ccleaner same issue Dayz.exe32* is running in task manager but nothing shows up for the game :\

Still cant play anger rising <_< All i wanna do is snipe people in elektro