Sign in to follow this  
Amarados

Screen goes black but still hearing sound and i can move around

Ok as tittle says this happens only in big towns my screen goes black btu i can still run around and hear sound but i have to force close dayz from taskmanager. I ve read some topics but nothing helped i think its not about my pc since i run with 18-25 fps around big cities on high settings.

Do you alt tab by chance? The only time I've encountered this is when I've alt tabbed or changed video settings.

I am also getting this weird error now?!?!

First 200 of hours gameplay everything goes fine without a hiccup. But In the last week this happened to me at least once a day if not more. I have validated files, reinstalled dayz, and even messed with FPS enhancer settings to see if that helped. Still no luck.

Edit: I don't alt tab during game, so its not from alt tabbing. I don't do anything out of the ordinary.

Basically I will be running around, game freezes for a sec. Screen goes black and minimizes..... I hear all games sounds, can shoot my gun, can run around. but again screen is minimized and all I see is my windows screen.

Edited by KrakenDomes

Also make sure your latest drivers are installed.

It could be overheating.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

Latest drivers removed and reinstalled.

No overheating detected on my gpu or cpu. And long time no see beck :) I am finally back in town from work woot woot.

Still getting error though, just happened again. I logged out for a few hours. Open game, join a server and immediately my screen minimizes :(

Edited by KrakenDomes
  • Like 1

It could be overheating.

Not necessarily...it happened to me once this weekend. It can only be the driver going haywire.

Latest drivers removed and reinstalled.

No overheating detected on my gpu or cpu. And long time no see beck :) I am finally back in town from work woot woot.

Still getting error though, just happened again. I logged out for a few hours. Open game, join a server and immediately my screen minimizes :(

Bb, you know you always a Privateer doh.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

I saw that my gpu temperatures where high and installed speedfan to raise the fan speed i ll reply if it helps.

hi.

i had the same issue as you which is mainly connected to the drivers of geforce-cards i think.

i know 2 ways to get out of your misery. the short-term-version is to use this trick here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/56764-shift-flush-doesnt-do-anything/

and the long-term-version is to install an older driver for your graphics card (which solved the problem for me instantly). i used a pretty old driver though

btw: some say its related to the graphics-memory-option in game. i personally didnt experienced a difference from setting it to my actual size or set it on "auto".

It could be overheating.

It's not overheating is just one of many bugs in this game .

It's funny I get this bug but because my character is not saving and resets every time I log on to a server it does not effect me.

I already know I'm going to be a fresh spawn even without a zombie killing me when screen black its so sad you gotta laugh.

This is the worse dev team I've ever seen they seem to care more about what colour your gun is than fixing the core of the game.

They also need to learn the difference between stable and experimental LOL.

Edited by Scull

They also need to learn the difference between stable and experimental LOL.

Actually, you need to learn the different between Alpha, and Release.

Ok so i raised my fan speed and still nothing i m still getting the black screen. My temperatures are not fine at all its like 70+ degrees almost all the time while i m playing but i dont think heating is causing the problem. I also noticed i get a crash from nvidia drivers when i crash on the game so it must be the drivers or the game.

So i rolled back my nvidia drivers 314.22 and i ve been playing for 2 days without crashings :D