TheWizard14

So are the scope magnifications going to be fixed any time soon?

I know this is alpha, so don't post that on here.

I'm just wondering if they are planning on fixing the magnifications for the ACOG and PU scopes to get their proper 4x and 3.5 zoom because it always bugs me that it only zooms in a TINY bit more than the right click zoom.

• Like 6

Turn your FoV right down and it turns it into a LRS.. I'm guessing that will change with next patch though, Seeing as the ADS zoom is coming back from the looks of it.

• Like 1

Turn your FoV right down and it turns it into a LRS.. I'm guessing that will change with next patch though, Seeing as the ADS zoom is coming back from the looks of it.

True, but that's just working around the problem by abusing the FoV, it's not a proper solution.

I agree with the OP on this one, however he might have better luck posting this in the suggestion board.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 1

Scopes , weapon ballistics and ofc sounds, it all needs to be fixed.

It's just hard to say when, since roadmap does not give such detailed info.

• Like 1

Experimental patch already fixes this.

They unfourtunately. are

Experimental patch already fixes this.

No they are not.

They wont be fixed so long as different FOV settings change how much the perceived magnification is.

They need to lock in the perceived magnification so its the right value regardless of FOV settings.

• Like 2

They unfourtunately. are

No they are not.

They wont be fixed so long as different FOV settings change how much the perceived magnification is.

They need to lock in the perceived magnification so its the right value regardless of FOV settings.

I totally agree that they need to lock a value of FoV for all players because people can abuse the FoV such as making it so high they practically don't need to aim at all to hit a target, or make it so low a iron sight turns into a Long range scope.

I totally agree that they need to lock a value of FoV for all players because people can abuse the FoV such as making it so high they practically don't need to aim at all to hit a target, or make it so low a iron sight turns into a Long range scope.

Adjusting FOV is a fundamental pc game feature.

The problem is not the FOV settings its the programming that allows the fov you are set to affect the magnification when aiming.

• Like 1

Ye if I turn the fov all the way down or all the way up I get sick, horribly sick. Locking it at a certain value is the most horrible thing a dev could do.

I don't understand how it affects the zoom though, this is the first time I've seen a fov-setting do something like that.

• Like 1

They unfourtunately. are

No they are not.

How about removing ADS zoom, having fov only be changable in the menu and BIS adding realistic crosshairs. They fucked up the ACOG zoom in vanilla already i doubt they will get changed anytime soon later.

How about removing ADS zoom, having fov only be changable in the menu and BIS adding realistic crosshairs. They fucked up the ACOG zoom in vanilla already i doubt they will get changed anytime soon later.

All of those are not even needed if the game functioned like it should and aiming down sights zoom was the same for everyone regardless of fov settings.

• Like 1

Would be just niceif devs made small list of stuff they acknowledge is messed up now but surely will fix later.

Like gunplay, FOV & zoom and sounds, so that folks stop freaking out.

Would be just niceif devs made small list of stuff they acknowledge is messed up now but surely will fix later.

Like gunplay, FOV & zoom and sounds, so that folks stop freaking out.

Check the bugs section.  A lot of this stuff has been acknowledged. 

To me, at least in terms of graphics/UI settings, they need to be standardizing the experience.

I'm tired of wondering whether someone can see me hiding in a tree just because they have ATOC turned off. I'm tired of wondering whether someone can see me just because they now have rabbit eyes via their jacked up FOV. I'm tired of gamma being used as the only way of navigating coherently in the night.

Give a little bit of play, but don't punish people who want their game to look pretty.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

To me, at least in terms of graphics/UI settings, they need to be standardizing the experience.

I'm tired of wondering whether someone can see me hiding in a tree just because they have ATOC turned off. I'm tired of wondering whether someone can see me just because they now have rabbit eyes via their jacked up FOV. I'm tired of gamma being used as the only way of navigating coherently in the night.

Give a little bit of play, but don't punish people who want their game to look pretty.

No.

This punishes people with less powerful rigs.

Do you not understand that the game is poorly optimized? If I turn post processing on, my framerate drops. If I turn on ATOC, my framerate drops. If I turn up shadows, or details that make the game look pretty, MY FRAMERATE DROPS.

Not everyone can afford a super rig. Tweaking settings is a PC feature due to the diversity of specifications.

• Like 1

No.

Do you not understand that the game is poorly optimized? If I turn post processing on, my framerate drops. If I turn on ATOC, my framerate drops. If I turn up shadows, or details that make the game look pretty, MY FRAMERATE DROPS.

Not everyone can afford a super rig. Tweaking settings is a PC feature due to the diversity of specifications.

I have no issue with lower end systems being able to tweak stuff, but there are ways in which it can be done so that it doesn't give people an advantage.

ATOC is a great example, it changes the overall profile of the tree. So, why not just scale the model of the vanilla tree with an ATOC'd tree? The effect of "plumage" is still there when ATOC is turned on, but it doesn't magically SHRINK the tree when it's turned off.

Same goes with LOD, the LOD textures often times don't match their fully rendered counterparts. Why not just match them (in terms of profile, not quality)?

Either way, I consider the equality of experience to supersede availability/accessibility. But that's just me.

Edited by Katana67

I have no issue with lower end systems being able to tweak stuff, but there are ways in which it can be done so that it doesn't give people an advantage.

ATOC is a great example, it changes the overall profile of the tree. So, why not just scale the model of the vanilla tree with an ATOC'd tree? The effect of "plumage" is still there when ATOC is turned on, but it doesn't magically SHRINK the tree when it's turned off.

Same goes with LOD, the LOD textures often times don't match their fully rendered counterparts. Why not just match them (in terms of profile, not quality)?

Either way, I consider the equality of experience to supersede availability/accessibility. But that's just me.

Until I buy my new PC, I can care less what these features do, as long as they make the game playable for me. I still have a huge disadvantage against you.

My meager 25 average FPS and 10 FPS in cities makes me an easy target that can not hold up in gunfights.

Despite this I have learned to manage and took out a guy at Balota with a shot to the head from my mosin.

I still have a huge disadvantage against you.

In this instance (with regard to FPS, sure, although I have a pretty decent system and often dip below 30 as well) sure.

But in the mod, and I'm sure the Standalone, I can cite multiple instances where I've been spotted solely because the person had ATOC off. Otherwise, it would have been physically impossible for these people to see me.

You arent alone.

In this instance (with regard to FPS, sure, although I have a pretty decent system and often dip below 30 as well) sure.

But in the mod, and I'm sure the Standalone, I can cite multiple instances where I've been spotted solely because the person had ATOC off. Otherwise, it would have been physically impossible for these people to see me.

Unfortunately the only way to fix this is for them to optimize the game or make ATOC not affect the size of trees or foliage without causing performance drops.

No.

My system is pretty meh, midrange graphics card bolted onto a 5 year old 955BE build and the only setting that really effects my framerates is object detail.

This game is really strange like that.

My system is pretty meh, midrange graphics card bolted onto a 5 year old 955BE build and the only setting that really effects my framerates is object detail.

This game is really strange like that.

Reminds me very much of stalker, nothing special about the graphics but capable of destroying even the most powerful rigs.

All of those are not even needed if the game functioned like it should and aiming down sights zoom was the same for everyone regardless of fov settings.

That problem cam with the fov setting...isntead of giving people a window of let's say standard is 75° up to 110°. It might look crokked but if people want to play through a fishglas why not? Nobody would go below 75° unless for abusing the fov setting as a sniper zoom anyway.

They unfourtunately. are

No they are not.

I was talking about the scope zoom, it was added in the experimental. :P