Pazzmon

Sudden death

I don't know how the hell it happened, or what I did, but my character, literally just died, out of no where, no gun shots, no one around, just up in the North East Air Field, in the tower and my guy just dies and there is no explanation? Was energized and hydrated very much, even had a pack of 12 beer in the backpack! Clueless. :-(

You've maybe felt throught the wall ?

Sometimes you don't hear gun shots. The game will sometimes not produce the sounds of gunshots if you're desyncing when the gun is shot, and some shots are so far away that you get hit before hearing the shot, maybe that happened? But I'm not aware of any bugs where you just drop down and die, although there is one where your guy complains of his leg being in pain, and dies.

I like to think of bugs as something real. I think of the "My leg is in pain" Then You Are Dead bug, as a terrible insect that has bitten me in the leg while I was running through the forest :). You should try it, it definitely helps if you ever run into a bug.

Watch out for those pesky ladder bugs....they like to crawl up your pant legs while you climb up too!

• Like 1

Watch out for those pesky ladder bugs....they like to crawl up your pant legs while you climb up too!

take my beans.

Not sure if they fixed it already but there's a bug where you simply vanish/die, my brother had this happen to him, we were in the middle of nowehere, no one around his body insta-disappeared and he got the "you're dead"-message.

Not sure if they fixed it already but there's a bug where you simply vanish/die, my brother had this happen to him, we were in the middle of nowehere, no one around his body insta-disappeared and he got the "you're dead"-message.

aliens.... no wait... alien zombies ;)

I've been pegged in the head on the tower of the ATC at NEAF, at least that's as far as I can tell. I was up there takin my time, poking thru all the fancy military stuffs when I spy this cutesy lil some something or other out on the walkway. being dumb as I am, I stepped out on to the lil walkway there and I was dead. no gun shot, no flash o black and white, just plain ole black screen "you are dead". I learnt right then and there I need a ballistic helmet ifn I'm gonna do stuff that silly. just remember there are snipers everywhere (I should know better cause I are one) and some of em are pretty darn good.

I did however, when I pressed escape, it showed me on the bottom floor, so I guess I just fell through the ceiling and died, it did say I broke my leg, nevermind, I managed to sort myself out on the next spawn and even managed to fill an ammo box to the brim and pick up an SKS, did find an M4 with a few attachments, but sadly that was the only ammo I didn't have.

There seems to be some odd issue in the mil building as well. Three of us at the very northernnwaf one last night, one  guy on overwatch, me in the lower section covering the entrance and old mate went upstairs and insta died when he was in the top room crouched. No shots fired , nobody else around. Unless someone was glitched in the secret room and managed a 15 foot silent axe kill through the wall we have no idea.

• Like 1

This just happened to me, I was at the NE airbase and I fell through the stairs at the radar tower at the second level while descending.  Really sad.. that's all.

Edited by BanKiMoon

From what I know, the only bug that insta kills players first shows the "your leg is in pain" message. Or maybe you had a heart attack? Did you notice any messages like "my heartbeat feels irregular" or "my chest hurts"? I've had a heart attack once and had the privilege of not dying afterwards

Right now the gun sounds can bug and you don't hear them at all..The spot you where at sounds pretty sketchy and someone could have beaded up on ya and the bug happened and you didn't hear the sound :(

There seems to be some odd issue in the mil building as well. Three of us at the very northernnwaf one last night, one  guy on overwatch, me in the lower section covering the entrance and old mate went upstairs and insta died when he was in the top room crouched. No shots fired , nobody else around. Unless someone was glitched in the secret room and managed a 15 foot silent axe kill through the wall we have no idea.

Thats fucked. haha

HEADSHOT?

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Same Problem just died 20 mins ago, airfield second floor of the tower, with top notch equipment armed to the max. Please fix this already.

Any of the steep stairs, such as you find in the fire station or the aircraft control towers - avoid them like the plague, that's pretty much what seems to be causing the weird deaths in those buildings. I'll climb ladder on the outside even though it's a higher risk of getting shot I'm not going to suddenly break my legs or insta-die. Until they fix it using those steep style stairs is rolling the dice...

Third time it's happened now - I seem to randomly die on hardcore servers. I'm sure I'll get the "you were sniped" etc but it's all been in different circumstances:

Above the hill on Berezino, out of sight from the town

In a building in Svetlo, away from windows

Just now in Novo, I saw a dude staring at me. I waved, he swore (from a distance).

All three times I hear a thudding noise like I've just been hit by an axe, then it's a one hit death. All three times there was nobody around me to melee me, and I'm not desyncing. Has this happened to anyone else?

It could be that I'm being sniped from a km away, but it's the melee noise that's throwing me.

• Like 1

Not had that happen.  Interesting. Anyone else had this?

I encountered three different things that might result in sudden death:

1. Gunshots are pretty quiet and sometimes you won't hear them at all. You will only hear the wounding sound and notice the damage. However if a sniper kills you with a single shot you will experience suddenly taking damage and being dead.
  2. Zombies have some kind of psychic attack that can hurt you from some distance away and even through walls. Getting hit while low on health (blurry screen) or just often enough will result in death.
  3. There is this random leg breaking bug where you suddenly take damage and your legs will become broken. it also ruins your boots and pants as well as any item inside. It doesn't seem to deal damage to the player (I was healthy after it happened to me without blurry or desaturated screen) but maybe it "heals" you after breaking your legs - unless you are low on health and the damage spike kills you right away.

Maybe a sniper hit you? Gunshots are pretty quiet right now so you might only hear the impact if hit from further away.