GunnyITA

IZH 43 shootgun range change?

IZH 43 Shotgun is a cool weapon to look and also to wear, but if you shoot at the maximum range of 50 metres (maximum rnage this gun can shoot) you've  got to pray if some pellets hits the target.

As this is a weapon with only 2 shots and you must fire only when sure of it, you can't live with the doubt of "Will I hit him"?

I think the pellets should spread less....in particular the SAWN OFF version. In some videos on youtube you can't kill with it neither with 1 hit at 10 metres...plus that recovering the aim once you shoot with it isn't that fast, as the recoil is probably harder than a 454 Cassul on a Raging Bull on real life.

Meeting someone with a Sawn Off version would be cool. But i think no one here does as it is useless more than an Amphibia.

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 2

Sawn-off shotguns are actually less accurate than normal ones. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Sawn-off shotguns are actually less accurate than normal ones. Just sayin'.

yeah, but the sawn off is now just bad right now, It's bugged-bad.

People shoot enemies, and they take 0 damage.

In words: Zero damage

Nada, niente, null, nichts,

Edited by irishroy

It's not only about damage...but the spread of pellets is too large...you should try to shoot at a wall at 15 metres...

The sawn-off should have pistol sway and pistol accuracy and the full-size should have rifle sway and better accuracy.

But the spread itself should be similar.

• Like 4

I see people carrying sawn offs as secondaries all the time. But, they end up shooting me and I take barely ANY damage, it's damn good for breaking my legs and arms

There's talk about the shotgun using Pellets but what about Slugs? I'm sure they still exist in-game although I never really found them? Did they take 'em out or are they just super rare now?

They must have taken them out when they added the shotgun

Seems strange to me why they would do such a thing, considering a shotguns main selling point besides close range damage is its versatility with ammunition. Come to think of it, before the Shotgun was even added, I DO remember finding green shotgun slugs but they strangely disappeared after the shotgun was added

Yes, the slugs were bugged somehow.

But some players still had slugs in their inventory. and they said, they couldn't load the slugs into the IZH...

I really want to see them soon, man.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

Yes, the slugs were bugged somehow.

But some players still had slugs in their inventory. and they said, they couldn't load the slugs into the IZH...

I really want to see them soon, man.

No news about when they'll add slugs? Actually Double Barrel and Blaze 95 are guns you gonna change as soon you find something better.

Then i repeat, slugs should be shoot a a few metres far away than dayz mod, and the pellets should have less spread both in long version, and also sawed off.

In a game with such a large map, way to moves and lot of covers...having a such large of spread would force player to change for an sks or m4 even to stay on close range fights, more versatile weapons.

For now, after a few deaths and testing few weapons, i'm gonna try use the double barrel, as if you move carefully you can manage the fight close, and if you don't aim very well then the spread of the pellets will hit the target

Edited by GunnyITA

Then i repeat, slugs should be shoot a a few metres far away than dayz mod, and the pellets should have less spread both in long version, and also sawed off.

In a game with such a large map, way to moves and lot of covers...having a such large of spread would force player to change for an sks or m4 even to stay on close range fights, more versatile weapons.

+1 the spread is roughly twice what it should be.

Removing slugs might have been a deliberate choice as I'm confused as to how they could have been bugged. The shotgun is almost as inaccurate as the pistols, and the sawn-off version is so bad you would be missing people at 10 meters, with that kind of accuracy the slugs would be near useless and pellets would be preferred in almost every situation anyways.

• Like 2

Agree...i repeat: on such a large world where you can do everything, a weapon with such of spread of pellets would be a temporary choice for those are looking for something else. Increase the effective range from 50 to 70 m with pellets and make the slugs as shells that works perfectly till medium range approximatively till 200 metres...and a devastating 1 shoot 1 kill for it. They are used for deer hunting, so an human target should blow out.

shotgun-shell-sizes.jpg

and i want to state one more thing....sawn off might need an holster for it. It take 4 slots that's very good, but for the looking of the weapon an holster is a "Must Have"....and sawn off and shotguns in my opinion are the most iconic weapon in a post apocaliptic era.

Edited by GunnyITA

yeah on one video guy shoots twice at one man at 1 meter and the victim just broke his legs. and he didn´t even started bleedin

The fact is that a Long double barrel shotgun must be by realism,  most accurate compared to a regular shotgun.

This because if for example devs gonna implement a mossberg 500, the barrel of a Mossberg would be shorter than a double barrel shotgun, so that also more inaccurate. IZH  must be fixed!

Edited by GunnyITA

and i want to state one more thing....sawn off might need an holster for it.

7chsjxm91fl.jpg

• Like 2

7chsjxm91fl.jpg

gotcha m8! you have all my beans! ....hell, i want to watch again all the movies!

• Like 1

Anyone who really shoots a shotgun knows that over 80 to 90 meters a slug is very inaccurate though still remains lethal well over that range. Recoil from a slug especially a 3" magnum 50gr load is horrific to say the least. As for pellets and spread, well that depends the type of cartridge and its load but over 25m you can expect large spread and for it to be ineffective, that's why most shotgunners opt for full or half chokes to improve this depending what they are shooting (can't use chokes for slugs). As for a sawn off shotgun depending the load its barn door accuracy at best over even short distances. 

So to conclude a 50m range on a shotgun in game is actually quite a generous distance.

What they could do is add a drilling, for those that don't know what this is, its shotgun barrel(s) and a rifle barrel combined which can be a variety of different calibres. The more common types are side by side shotguns with a rifle barrel underneath though other variants exist. (plus they're fun to shoot  ;) )

I hate all this crazy spread of guns.

They should fly straighter, with the exception of shotgun pellets.

damage of the pellets and spread of them is way too large...

This can be proved simply by a video of a guy shooting to a player at 5...repeat, 5 metres with sawed off. Who gonna survive at the first it against that weapon?

Edited by GunnyITA

If you want this game to be as realistic as possible then they are quite fine as they are. 

spat28.jpg

Thats a standard non choked spread of birdshot at about 25 feet or just over 7 meters, so just please try to imagine what a sawn off shot spread would look like at that distance and seriously reconsider what your saying. Thats an A3-A2 sheet of paper 

Edited by Legio23

Personally i think 5 meters is being rather generous especially with any sawed off shotgun, by reducing the barrel length you are dropping the power considerably and also vastly increasing the spread of shot. Hence why a sawed off military snotty is mainly used for breaching doors from 2" away from target.

• Like 1

If you want this game to be as realistic as possible then they are quite fine as they are. 

spat28.jpg

Thats a standard non choked spread of birdshot at about 25 feet or just over 7 meters, so just please try to imagine what a sawn off shot spread would look like at that distance and seriously reconsider what your saying. Thats an A3-A2 sheet of paper 

Bang on the nose Legio - anyone who has fired a shotgun will know its not a case of point shoot and watch someone flybackwards in a hail of shot and blood - hence why the tactical ones are multi shot - ready for follow up attack.

That piece of paper is from bird shot with many pellets , buckshot or 00 has considerably few bb's and thus a sawn of version of a shotgun is going to spread those pellets like wild womans shite and if your lucky a couple may hit the target and not always put it down for good.

• Like 1

Personally i think 5 meters is being rather generous especially with any sawed off shotgun, by reducing the barrel length you are dropping the power considerably and also vastly increasing the spread of shot. Hence why a sawed off military snotty is mainly used for breaching doors from 2" away from target.

News of today as you state 2 metres away:

One of my friend was camping inside a building with a sawed off. He was waiting a guy that was about to open the door and he knocked him down at 2 metres with all 2 hits....the bad thing is that the first hit din't hit the target (maibe bugged?) , while the second yes and thank God he made the kill....

And again, Legio:

What the hell, do you post me a paper with bird shots while in game shells have less pellets? Are you conscious of the comparasion are you doing?

Edited by GunnyITA

Lol seriously you really need to learn something of ballistics and shot spread. Honestly if I didn't know what I was talking about I would keep quiet. I've been shooting for many years both in the military and civilian, work and competition reloading my own cartridges and rounds. If you actually reread what you have written then you would work out for yourself how ridiculous it sounds, of course its birdshot, so imagine the spread of 00 or 000 buckshot with a sawn off shotgun if birdshot spreads like that from a full sized shotgun. I think anyone with an ounce of shooting experience would be able to work out what I am putting forward. 

buckshot-3.jpg

There, that is at 15 yards (13 meters) with a full sized human target and 00 buckshot (specific home defence) using a full sized 18.5 inch Benneli supernova. So now imagine that at 50 meters or from a sawn off shotgun or do I need to go on?

I rest my case. ;)

Edited by Legio23