Damnyourdeadman

Something to get our hopes up concerning vechicles....

So guess what? I was browsing the Steam forums when i run into this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Weoklr7q4

I'm not 100% positive of the credability of this video,but please correct me if this is fake.

Originall topic on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/558752450420106546/

Original uploader:King of Kong-Zilico DayZ forums profile: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/user/165763-king-of-kong/  Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198105046572

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

All he has been done is import vehicles from Arma 3. That's the easy part. 

• Like 3

All he has been done is import vehicles from Arma 3. That's the easy part. 

Oh.....shame....so all theese vechicles already exit and there is nothing new on this video?

Should i take the topic down in case of miss-information?

(Btw I'm not beign sarcastic,i'm serious)

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Also has the ARMA 3 steering wheel and exit symbols.

All he did was port over the vehicles from Arma 3 and the modding community over there. He also just downloaded one of the mods that changes UI and HUD to the one from Standalone. Even though he clearly failed since he left in the some of the Arma 3 UI in the video. xD

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

People will believe anything.

We all know it's going to take Dean 8 more months to give us pedal bikes, let alone 75 fully functional vehicles.

Hah.

• Like 1

Yeah, not legit.  They either play on a cracked/modded SA server, or they loaded Arma2/3 vehicles into DayZ and tweaked around a bit.  They're going to redo vehicles completely, so that your car won't blow up because you got stuck on a rock or glitched on a bridge.  That and so we can Mad Max em a bit (put some Ural fenders on a Skoda!)

HOW ABOUT THIS?!

This video has the UAZes the Urals and generally all the already known vechicles from the mod.

But i was kind of suprised with the one that i found,because it shows some vechicles that don't exist,if i'm not mistaken.

Maybe they are modded A3 vechicles...i don't know....but i saw a truck and a trailer among with other things!

So yeah....mindblown :D

we shud jump in one of these vehicles from the video, and drive this thread to the graveyard    :P

• Like 2

Also, the vehicles only work on version .42 as far as driving them is concerned. In .43 they cut out a huge chunk of data in the vehicles_wheeled.pbo that enabled the use of vehicles. They will only spawn as static objects in .43. This method also only works if you are setting up a private lan server using a cracked .28 executable. 

Well they may be fake,but still they it's preety awesome to see helicopters come in so many diferent colours :)

If so many colour varieties were in game everything would be unique :)

^^^H4X0R machackingtons over here^^^

When I saw videos of people driving vehicles in the standalone, I wanted to figure out doing it myself so I did just that. You use basic arma tools to unpack the pbo's/bins/mission files, edit them with a text editor, then repack the pbo's etc. This is how you also see dayz mod servers with custom content and scripts on them. I wouldn't call it hacking what so ever. 

• Like 3

It puts the topic in the graveyard or it gets the hose again.

Yep you are right,i already made a report.

Today i think we learned a valuable lesson!

"Don't trust everything you see on the internets" :P

Thank god. Still, was nice to see that vehicles work sorry, exist, and just see something to keep the dream alive

• Like 1

This should  have been a given. How did you not know this yet?! XD

Thank god. Still, was nice to see that vehicles work sorry, exist, and just see something to keep the dream alive

They barely work and are definitely not ready for the standalone. I ran into quite a few crashes and bugs testing them on a .42 server yesterday. The video that OP referenced is from the Kortal servers. It's a cracked server version of dayz and the cars "function" on .42. In all honesty, we're going to be much happier waiting for vehicles to be done right rather than forcing them into the game. 

This should  have been a given. How did you not know this yet?! XD

I saw the truck and the trailer,also i saw all theese different vechicle colours and i was on ecstacy,something like a kid on a candy-store.

I didn't pay any attention.But....truth is i know more or less A3 vechicles,and some of them on the video were completely alien to me.

When I saw videos of people driving vehicles in the standalone, I wanted to figure out doing it myself so I did just that. You use basic arma tools to unpack the pbo's/bins/mission files, edit them with a text editor, then repack the pbo's etc. This is how you also see dayz mod servers with custom content and scripts on them. I wouldn't call it hacking what so ever.  just so you know, this is literally "hacking" :) just not in a phag sense of the word :P <3 xxx

hey man im a hacker anyway, i was just being jovial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_%28term%29

to me hacking is taking anything (hardware, software, mechanical or otherwise) and then either deconstructing it, figuring out how it works, and then trying to find ways of making it do things it was never designed for. cracking and scripting is just a more malicious form of this same ideal and yeah, i love being called hacker in dayz, it just means my awesomely slow mobile internet dongle meant i rubberbanded my way all the way up behind some dbag who would KOS me, and whack them in the head with my wrench :) i dont shoot on site, but i will chase you with tools and try hack your character so it does something it shouldnt do for a good while, ie DIE. unless i see you kill a bandit, then i wave and hope for player interaction (smokes his crack pipe and carries on dreaming for positive random interactionS)

edit: had to point out hacking is hacking, even if its not hacking to be a dick

Edited by Ninja_Meh
  • Like 1

hey man im a hacker anyway, i was just being jovial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_%28term%29

to me hacking is taking anything (hardware, software, mechanical or otherwise) and then either deconstructing it, figuring out how it works, and then trying to find ways of making it do things it was never designed for. cracking and scripting is just a more malicious form of this same ideal and yeah, i love being called hacker in dayz, it just means my awesomely slow mobile internet dongle meant i rubberbanded my way all the way up behind some dbag who would KOS me, and whack them in the head with my wrench :) i dont shoot on site, but i will chase you with tools and try hack your character so it does something it shouldnt do for a good while, ie DIE. unless i see you kill a bandit, then i wave and hope for player interaction (smokes his crack pipe and carries on dreaming for positive random interactionS)

You're completely right. I can't believe I forgot about the origin of the word. 

• Like 1