Zedertone

How do you think DayZ Standalone is going?

It could be better. Allot better in fact. Its in a rather PG rated state right now. It probably will be better latter on. Im hoping they finish the bulk of the game like getting zombies down right as well as gore, wounds etc before they just hand everything over to mods to do for them. Lets hope they get it all done before official launch.

• Like 1

It could be better. Allot better in fact. Its in a rather PG rated state right now. It probably will be better latter on. Im hoping they finish the bulk of the game like getting zombies down right as well as gore, wounds etc before they just hand everything over to mods to do for them. Lets hope they get it all done before official launch.

Yes because pg consists of guns, people cursing at you, mutilating you, naked men and women and other unspeakable things done with fellow zombie and I.

• Like 1

^Well people dont REALLY get naked in this game thankfully.... but i can already see the MODZ!!

Yes because pg consists of guns, people cursing at you, mutilating you, naked men and women and other unspeakable things done with fellow zombie and I.

Sadly the gore and dismemberment system is lacking atm. There are no naked ppl in this game as long as they have underwear on lol.

I enjoy much more each patch, when I first started you could not die and devs were dancing around everywhere with their clothes off.  Its come along way and will continue to grow in a good direction imho.

• Like 3

I enjoy much more each patch, when I first started you could not die and devs were dancing around everywhere with their clothes off.  Its come along way and will continue to grow in a good direction imho.

Definitely :)

I enjoy much more each patch, when I first started you could not die and devs were dancing around everywhere with their clothes off. Its come along way and will continue to grow in a good direction imho.

The game will never be perfect without dragons.

The game will never be perfect without dragons.

gg ur dun.

Man I love this game, first off what super early alpha can you sink at least 30 hours into before you start to even get slightly bored (sides old minecraft). I'm looking forward to what the Dayz team puts out. PS I heard rumors that they will add nudity (Hope they add a censor option as well)

There is obvious room for improvement. But so far, I've had a great ass time. 140 hours of pure fun, son. I recently joined up with The Last of The Rangers and by God, it's the best time I've ever had on any game.

What does that mean?

He is referring to a possible thread hijack, on that note I will go back on topic.  I have always and will always enjoy DayZ as it has been a brutal and unforgiving ride.

• Like 1

I disagree with you on shitty, It's obviously not.

underwhelming? Maybe, but not really.

slow, because they're taking time into making everything quality instead of making the updates shat.

Stuff obviously has improved from 3 years ago, lol, back when they were using Left 4 Dead sounds on zombies.

Imo, it was a great leap forward, and Mod has all those things because Dean allowed people to branch off of it. Was DayZ Mod this good at its Early Alpha state? l.o.l.

dayz mod is still technically in alpha.

it is more fun, competitive and stable than the SA.

the SA runs on the same engine, using the same code, with the same textures and the same objects and the same items as the mod.

no leap forward.

dayz SA being shitty is subjective opinion, which mine is.

dayz SA being underwhelming is pretty damn near consensus.

this alpha was released too early to be considered a playable game.

it hasn't reached playable status, no matter how you internally rationalize it out of fear for the future of the game or defensiveness for being told you wasted your money,

just my 2 centz

• Like 1

I'm not happy at all with this (not early) alpha. Everything they put in seems to be placeholders, or is that just a new word people on this forum use to defend the game with. I think they should focus on the important stuff like cars, basebuilding ect and not just add a bunch of stuff that makes people think the game have content.

overall,

shitty and slow and underwhelming

not quite the "great leap forward" that i thought the SA would be.

we have the mod on steroids and getting organ transplants and facelift

nothing's really improved from 3 years ago

just being real

peace and love peace and love

How can you possibly say that progress has been slow? The game hasn't even been out for 6 months yet. xD

not quite the "great leap forward" that i thought the SA would be.

we have the mod on steroids and getting organ transplants and facelift

nothing's really improved from 3 years ago

You must really know what you're talking about considering the mod only just started two years ago.

• Like 2

its, good and bad, thay should release small updates every week instead of large randomly, that way the game will stay fresh and fun to play.

• Like 2

You must really know what you're talking about considering the mod only just started two years ago.

,lol.

How can you possibly say that progress has been slow? The game hasn't even been out for 6 months yet. xD

I know right. xD

This game has full blown potential to be possibly the best game ever created!

The sense of freedom and survival it's something that a lot of Game Devs think about... It's always instant fast action prior to dying, And starting again in the same position. That is thrown about too much nowadays.

Put it one way, DayZ developers have their fingers on their pulse! They know what they're doing. And that's why (most of us) spent £19.99 on a game in early Alpha stage.

Every day these guys are processing game changing ideas, and declining others. I mean, Have you seen all the stuff Rocket has considered and confirmed? It's large list, And a lot of work. But they're dedicated to doing it. 
(They should be with the budget they have due to their law abiding customers)

I love this game! Regardless of the bugs! There's not much the devs can do to put me off playing this. And I honestly cannot wait for the final release. It'll be mind blowing.

• Like 1

I have mixed emotions.

On one side, I can't find in SA what made the mod the best MP experience I ever had. It might be that the map is pretty much the same, or the lack of endgame content like vehicles and tents, or the broken zombie AI. I dunno, but I can't feel it, and right now I feel like it will never reach to that point, at the rate we are getting updates.

Something about the playerbase bothers me too, but it might be because of the current state of the game and might improve with time.

On the other side, I like how the survival aspect has been expanded. But since release it hasn't been improved too much. So its all just a mather of waiting and see how it goes

Edited by PacificForPeace

It is really bad, but you can't really talk about it on these forums, because:

1. Mods tell you to gtfo and then edit out all their hostile responses or just lock your thread.

2. People start spamming: "It's alpha!". We know! Doesn't change the fact that SA sucks.

3. Too many poeple that have never tried the mod and they love the SA for the same reasons we used to love the mod but they're oblivious to the fact that mod is still superior compared to SA. The same mod that got hardly any updates in last whole year...

It is really bad, but you can't really talk about it on these forums, because:

1. Mods tell you to gtfo and then edit out all their hostile responses or just lock your thread.

2. People start spamming: "It's alpha!". We know! Doesn't change the fact that SA sucks.

3. Too many poeple that have never tried the mod and they love the SA for the same reasons we used to love the mod but they're oblivious to the fact that mod is still superior compared to SA. The same mod that got hardly any updates in last whole year...

Please explain how/why you think it's really bad? You say people start spamming "It's Alpha!" but, it really is, and there's also people who complain that it's horrible, and have no explanation. Quite frankly the amount of people I see saying SA sucks with no arguement/reasons are more abundant than the amount of people I see spamming "It's Alpha."

The sense of freedom and survival it's something that a lot of Game Devs think about... It's always instant fast action prior to dying, And starting again in the same position. That is thrown about too much nowadays.

Put it one way, DayZ developers have their fingers on their pulse! They know what they're doing. And that's why (most of us) spent £19.99 on a game in early Alpha stage.

Every day these guys are processing game changing ideas, and declining others. I mean, Have you seen all the stuff Rocket has considered and confirmed? It's large list, And a lot of work. But they're dedicated to doing it. 

I love this game! Regardless of the bugs! There's not much the devs can do to put me off playing this. And I honestly cannot wait for the final release. It'll be mind blowing.

My thoughts exactly :)

We post no arguments because we believe people are not blind, but here, just some of them:

1. Loot only spawning on server restarts.

2. Zombies aggro randomly, still die when walking downhill, walk through doors, walls, objects.

3. Lack of any sort of persistent storage or vehicles.

4. Only few firearms availabale.

5. Ladders randomly killing people, people walking through objects/walls.

6. No animals, fireplaces and cooking.

And that's just compared to the outdated, forgotten mod. 

I agree completely! *Starts crying* I JUST LOVE THIS GAME MAN!
  • Like 1