Sign in to follow this  
meat pie

How do you shoot?

How do you shoot at people? do you fire from the hip? Fire from the hip in prone? Do you Aim down iron sights,a scope? do you 360 no  scope? Do you like close range sights?

Do you spray and pray? Do you use full auto or semi auto? Tell me Bellow.

Me? I Like full auto while aiming down iron sights.

I find Lots of people take way to many bullets so I shoot untill They are dead 5 times over.

I try to wait until that little white dot stops moving so much. When it moves it means you will miss every shot... it is best to squat and aim carefully, hold right click will stop your breathing and help you aim better.

How do you shoot at people? do you fire from the hip? Fire from the hip in prone? Do you Aim down iron sights,a scope? do you 360 no  scope? Do you like close range sights?

Do you spray and pray? Do you use full auto or semi auto? Tell me Bellow.

Me? I Like full auto while aiming down iron sights.

I find Lots of people take way to many bullets so I shoot untill They are dead 5 times over.

I shoot like this. xD

YUXIMXW.gif

• Like 2

By aiming through my LRS at the target's head and remembering the slogan, "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Whilst singing a variety of songs to taunt my target.

After shouting friendly, then I proceed to scream TRUST NO ONE in the mic.

Without remorse.

Love it.

Depends on the situation and weapon. 

M4:

CQ less than 5mtrs (inside buildings), usually from the hip,

CQ more than 5mtrs ADS w/ red dot scope

Medium - Long ADS w/ Acog

Mosin:

CQ - What are you doing lol but if you have to ADS w/ iron sights

Medium to Long - ADS w/ LRS

SKS:

CQ ads w/ iron sights

Medium - Long ADS w/ PU

Very, very carefully.

On a more serious note, I try to ADS for every shot.  Preferably not from standing position, either.  I find that hip-fire is less than desirably accurate.  Was in NEAF one time at a moderately populated server checking the carport/garage of the prison(?) building.  There is normally one or two items on the ground there (as well as one on top of the side door that cannot be opened) and I was checking for food and other useful items.  I got hit and spun around and unloaded my FNX45.  I missed every shot at the zed, but I'll tell you what:  That gun can unload quickly!!

I dont always shoot a gun but when i do i usually miss every shot then get owned by the guy and/or gal i was shooting at.

from a good location, in single accurate rounds while using ironsights or a scope, depending on range.

There are seriously people who fire from the hip in this game? Explains why everyone I bump into has the shooting accuracy of an imperial storm trooper.

If I'm taken by surprise in a building and using a non-mosin weapon, I'll just mag-dump a target down sights.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

from a good location, in single accurate rounds while using ironsights or a scope, depending on range.

There are seriously people who fire from the hip in this game? Explains why everyone I bump into has the shooting accuracy of an imperial storm trooper.

If I'm taken by surprise in a building and using a non-mosin weapon, I'll just mag-dump a target down sights.

You better tell Sacriel he is doing it wrong then lol

Edited by NexVentor

You better tell Sacriel he is doing it wrong then lol

I'm sorry, I forgot we're contractually obliged to fellate streamers.

However, if he's firing from the hip at ranges longer than point blank, he really is doing it wrong. There are a bunch of reasons why Sacriel isn't a particularly impressive example and I'm far too lazy to list them all here... but suffice to say, hip firing in dayZ is a pretty poor idea.

I'm sorry, I forgot we're contractually obliged to fellate streamers.

However, if he's firing from the hip at ranges longer than point blank, he really is doing it wrong. There are a bunch of reasons why Sacriel isn't a particularly impressive example and I'm far too lazy to list them all here... but suffice to say, hip firing in dayZ is a pretty poor idea.

Wow, lol. Let me guess, 12-16?

Wow, lol. Let me guess, 12-16?

:rolleyes: Come now, surely you can do better than that?

Edit: Infact, since you failed to provide context to your post, I choose to assume you're inquiring how many reasons there are for sacriel being a less than ideal role model for aspiring DayZ players.

So, in answer to your question; At least that many reasons, yes.

Oh sorry, I thought we were denigrating the thread into childish banter because you have nothing else to offer.

I particularly liked this nugget of wisdom

However, if he's firing from the hip at ranges longer than point blank, he really is doing it wrong.

Well DUH! Lol.

Whilst singing a variety of songs to taunt my target.

After shouting friendly, then I proceed to scream TRUST NO ONE in the mic.

Oh funny stuff guys

Since I rarely shoot first, usually spray and pray from the hip at CQ,and its usually over in seconds with me dead. At longer ranges I will try to get the sights up before I am dead while looking for cover.

Oh sorry, I thought we were denigrating the thread into childish banter because you have nothing else to offer.

Apology accepted, we all make mistakes. Just don't make a habit of it. :rolleyes:

^My mom said i was her first mistake.... unfortunalty she kept making them afterwards.

Due to the dispersion I shoot and pray because the shooting is out of my hands and in the hands of the RNG gods.

Oh funny stuff guys

Since I rarely shoot first, usually spray and pray from the hip at CQ,and its usually over in seconds with me dead. At longer ranges I will try to get the sights up before I am dead while looking for cover.

Nice to see someone who doesn't just empty their mag at the first sign of movement. I find the best way to interact with players is from a point of complete control, if possible without them being sure of your location. if you're stealthy enough, shooting often isn't required and when it is, you can take your time and pick your shot at will.

^My mom said i was her first mistake.... unfortunalty she kept making them afterwards.

How unfortunate.