CS14

Post Your Gear So Far

Pay attention to the thread.  We've already established this a page back.

We-he-he-ll sorry, I just scrolled over the second page and caught only the part about posting it in the gallery section... Have a bean soup on me :beans:

• Like 1

I knew that someone would say that about my backpack, the thing is, the hunting backpack hasn't saved my life enough times to sacrifice 5 slots when walking around north, where there's not much activity.

Well I personally only play hardcore so a hunters pack is a must so you can see over your shoulder.  When I can find one :(

We-he-he-ll sorry, I just scrolled over the second page and caught only the part about posting it in the gallery section... Have a bean soup on me :beans:

I see your beans and share as well :p

Well, I've seen people who actually go around with the basic stuff you need for surviving just looking for human interaction, because they're tired of military stuff.

Hell, I've done that. But after this patch I wanted to see the new military clothing and guns so I decided to go loot the airstrips again while looting some towns on the way.

There's all kinds of people playing DayZ, so I didn't really know if it was sarcasm.

Yup sarcasm is hard to tell in text, which is why I made the next post.

It is fun to be relieved of your gear and start as a freshie again.

• Like 1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154165-post-your-gear-so-far/?hl=%2Bpost+%2Byour+%2Bgear+%2Bso+%2Bfar

There's already a thread for that. (actually about a dozen, but this one's the oldest ...)

Edit: Anyway, started this character right after dying from a glitch at the Refy shipwreck on January 23rd. Still alive today. I mostly play on the same server with light RP.

332a2dx.jpg

f59fer.jpg

jkivyu.jpg

I'm keeping the mosin for one of my friends. It's his favorite current weapon in the game. Mine's the M4 and 1911, which I haven't found yet on this character. I've traveled two times across the whole map and we carry radios for our RP, it's our fun. To each his own!

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

Well I personally only play hardcore so a hunters pack is a must so you can see over your shoulder.  When I can find one :(

This ^^ Only play regular when certain friends are online, the rest of the time its hardcore all the way - A hunting backpack is a 100% must !

Edited by kipps

My current incarnation, also trying to get an all in black costume! Looking forward to the addition of the black helmet. Still a pretty young character, no scope yet!

aYINoC7.jpg

Find a black spray paint can and repaint it! ;)

Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan

Can't wait to spray paint my helmet and axe.  Sure wish they'd make it so you could paint your backpack also.  I seriously need some yellow cases  I have no more room.

RegularplayerMarch15.jpg

• Like 1

Can't wait to spray paint my helmet and axe.  Sure wish they'd make it so you could paint your backpack also.  I seriously need some yellow cases  I have no more room.

Axes can be painted now. Haven't tested the helmets but the stable patch notes states : Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan

2h2qky8.jpg

• Like 1

Current favorite character. Vilayer hardcore hive. Survived since Jan 23rd. Played mostly on a light RP server with population between 25-30 peak and 3-4 lowest. Circled around the map 2 times and explored most towns, villages, and cities at least once. Took hundreds of pictures. (screenshots  :P )

332a2dx.jpg

f59fer.jpg

jkivyu.jpg

Current UK experimental branch character. No need for backpacks, B)  When I'll get a rope, I'll make a courier bag but that's it.

6s5h0k.jpg

2zzlvkk.jpg

14o6l9x.jpg

Edit: Strange double post due to several thread merging. Not intentional.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 4

^^^^ Well as soon as the fix comes in tomorrow so I can log on safely, then I'll be searching for some black paint it looks like.  I read in the General Section that someone tried painting the helmet and it didn't work.    I play 90-95% on night servers and up until 2 days ago I was nowhere near the coast.  I had found an area where not a lot of players come to for some reason so the loot is fairly good.  I had to go 1 AF and 1 prison and I didn't care for that at all.  Not sure when the server restarted but both places were not touched yet, but I figure it was only a matter of a few minutes before players would show up.  At the AF I heard one player eating outside so I had my 45 out and was upstairs behind the stairs waiting, sure enough he came up the stairs and saw me pointing my 45 at him and he turned around and left.  Told him if he waited a few minutes I'd be out of there so he could loot it.  But boy when it got to be time to step out that door I got to thinking if he was standing out there waiting for me with a weapon drawn or what....I starting running inside the building so I was at full speed when I hit the steps!! lol  Never saw the guy, figured he went over to the control tower.

• Like 1

Hardcore character, has been alive a month or so. Too many guns, too much ammo. Still hunting a damn mosin.

HC21-3-14_zpsf6aabef7.jpg

Regular character, has been alive 2 days or so. Too much ammo for the wrong guns, mosin has a single round, FNX has no clips. Hunting for an IZH.

Reg21-3-14_zps89f14824.jpg

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154165-post-your-gear-so-far/?hl=%2Bpost+%2Byour+%2Bgear+%2Bso+%2Bfar

There's already a thread for that. (actually about a dozen, but this one's the oldest ...)

Edit: Anyway, started this character right after dying from a glitch at the Refy shipwreck on January 23rd. Still alive today. I mostly play on the same server with light RP.

332a2dx.jpg

f59fer.jpg

jkivyu.jpg

I'm keeping the mosin for one of my friends. It's his favorite current weapon in the game. Mine's the M4 and 1911, which I haven't found yet on this character. I've traveled two times across the whole map and we carry radios for our RP, it's our fun. To each his own!

Your character looks like the nicest character on DayZ!!! If I ran into you I think I would rush to shove wet runny 5 year old Tuna in your mouth, that's how nice of a person I am, and how friendly your character looks. I want to get a white check shirt like that, but that messes up my all-black uniform. By the way, how do you post screenshots of your character??? I want to post my gear but I have no idea how to post screenshots, can someone PM me or quote my post telling me how? (Make sure you quote so it goes in my notifications). Thanks guys!

New character as of .42(patch server issues took my last one), shes a business-ee bad***, lovin' all the police stations, very easy to gather a starting weapon =)

Now I just need to find some spraypaint for my my SKS<3

2014-03-20_00018.jpg

Before and After, switched out my black coat for green, small atempt at blending since I'm in the forest allot,  fashion camo ;)

All n' All nothing left to get...well boots the zombies ate my last pair...

121b4bb1-1c7f-4fde-b5e5-c3c3df47bfb0.jpg

Edited by Kaw

Before and After, switched out my black coat for green, small atempt at blending since I'm in the forest allot,  fashion camo ;)

All n' All nothing left to get...well boots the zombies ate my last pair...

121b4bb1-1c7f-4fde-b5e5-c3c3df47bfb0.jpg

Beautiful gun, is it a .22??? Honestly, judging by your character, I'd probably kill you on sight unless I was behind cover and could talk to you. This is only because the bike helmet and the lack of a backpack. Normally if someone has a hunting backpack I think "Military guy, probably Hostile, be cautious and try to take him/her out". When I see someone with taloon or Mtn backpack, I think "Civillian, probably not too dangerous, but keep my eyes open". When I see someone with a hunting backpack, but no other military gear, like you, I think "They killed someone to get that pack, eliminate them immediately.". Just my opinion, but I'm sure many others think the same way, watch your back out there ;)

• Like 1

Beautiful gun, is it a .22??? Honestly, judging by your character, I'd probably kill you on sight unless I was behind cover and could talk to you. This is only because the bike helmet and the lack of a backpack. Normally if someone has a hunting backpack I think "Military guy, probably Hostile, be cautious and try to take him/her out". When I see someone with taloon or Mtn backpack, I think "Civillian, probably not too dangerous, but keep my eyes open". When I see someone with a hunting backpack, but no other military gear, like you, I think "They killed someone to get that pack, eliminate them immediately.". Just my opinion, but I'm sure many others think the same way, watch your back out there ;)

It is a beautiful gun, Thankyou, looks great painted black. It is the SKS actually, I don't trust the .22, like the quiet sound, but doesn't do enough damage when the beans hit the fan. You'd be right to shoot me on sight. =) I RP a "Highway bandit", waiting or moving along commonly traveled paths players take to  move around the north, and robbing or killing(depending on the circumstances) the travelers who happen by. As far as how I came across the hunting backpack, your right I "retrieved" it from another player, robbed him, but he did get my improvised backpack so fair-ish trade >_>...well he got to live! =)

and I'll do that, keep your guard up north as well =)

Edited by Kaw

Find a black spray paint can and repaint it! ;)

Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan

Sadly pre-patch items cannot be spray painted so I'm on the look-out for a new helmet! That character is still alive =D

oops_zps8e71f08e.png

Mixed and matched my gear a little after finding a biker jacket. Thinking it would make me less military/bambi hunter in appearance.

I feel I failed miserably, the first person I met shit themselves and screamed at me not to kill them.

oops_zps8e71f08e.png

Mixed and matched my gear a little after finding a biker jacket. Thinking it would make me less military/bambi hunter in appearance.

I feel I failed miserably, the first person I met shit themselves and screamed at me not to kill them.

:D  I love your outfit mate!! I think it looks terrific!! Maybe the guy was more scared of your Mosin than your looks. (at least that's what I try to say to myself when it happens while I'm wearing my "hero skin" lookalike outfit... ;) )

:thumbsup:  (I'm outta beans... will share some more when I restock! B) )   :beans:

Had some fun yesterday in Svetloyarsk. "Wasted" about 60 5.56 rounds on the zombies there to see the aggro and respawn time. It was insane and I liked it!! Some did sneak on me while I was shooting the 5-6 that were in front of my and ruined my badly damaged newly found Anti-stab vest... On the search for a third vest in 2 days since I lost my Assault UK vest on a bug/server crash.

Hardcore for the win! This is what I looked like.

vpzww5.jpg

• Like 2

My Regular characters are always a bit silly.

My goal with this one is to amass the most gas lamps I possibly can to illuminate a city or make an image with =D

sxiCk96.jpg

Only have six right now, but next run it will hopefully expand again!

• Like 3

Here's my current guy who has been alive for a few weeks up in the NE. 

599623FDAE0066CC98EFA76093426AC958A0E2AE

E5F3B7DF0749EB5CA38895ED45AFB6DE39DCDD4B

5FEC03065BA9C5738B8D564FCF55453A8F0F9BA0

221100_screenshots_2014-03-21_00002.jpg

• Like 1

My Regular characters are always a bit silly.

My goal with this one is to amass the most gas lamps I possibly can to illuminate a city or make an image with =D

sxiCk96.jpg

Only have six right now, but next run it will hopefully expand again!

:thumbsup:   I've kept a gas lamp for a long time in hopes that they fix their old issues, so I'm very glad latest patch fixed that. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with! DO you know which city , town or village you want to illuminate?

:beans: