Sign in to follow this  
exomonkeyman

Why dose DayZ wreck my internet for 1-2 mins?

So iv'e had this issue ever since the DayZ Mod.

If refresh the servers 2-3 times my internet will die. Google wont load. NOTHING on the internet will load. Yet TeamSpeak 3 will still be ok. I can still play online on battlefield 4. Just if i open anything new my internet dies? (My brother has the same issue on his machine)

Any guesses?

So iv'e had this issue ever since the DayZ Mod.

If refresh the servers 2-3 times my internet will die. Google wont load. NOTHING on the internet will load. Yet TeamSpeak 3 will still be ok. I can still play online on battlefield 4. Just if i open anything new my internet dies? (My brother has the same issue on his machine)

Any guesses?

Do not have a clue why dayz would be causing this, have you tried a fresh delete of everything dayz related and then re downloading it, that would be the first thing i would try.

Also without being a douchebag you need to post this in the troubleshooting section and not general discussion.

Do not have a clue why dayz would be causing this, have you tried a fresh delete of everything dayz related and then re downloading it, that would be the first thing i would try.

Also without being a douchebag you need to post this in the troubleshooting section and not general discussion.

That's cool. Ill post it there

• Like 1

That's cool. Ill post it there

Just message a mod to see if they can move this there.  It also does the same to thing to me from time to time.  All internet is down except for TS and Steam

• Like 1

Hey mate! I've got the excact same issue at times - tried doing all sorts of different things, but no luck so far.

Same issue here, but I only experience it when I switch to experimental, sometimes my router loses internet connection completely, but not always.

BTW: it seems that closing all browser sessions seems to help a little to get connection again faster.

Edited by SAK

If you're behind a router, go into your settings and mess around with your Beacon Interval. Mine was initially set to 100, but after dropping it in half to 50, I no longer have any issues.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 1

I have this problem as well. It is caused by the server browser. Kills my connection when I hit "Refresh" too many times. I can still browse websites that are mainly text-based and optimized. All Google sites work for me, including Gmail to a certain extent. After a short amount of time everything just starts working again if I leave the server browser and go to the main screen.

Edit: I read it has something to do with your default MTU settings being set to 1500. I can't change the settings on my cable modem/router and can't figure out how to modify my MTU settings in Windows 8.1. I just gave up. Waiting isn't that bad...  :lol:

Edited by scriptfactory

When you search for servers it has to ping a huge amount of different server addresses. Basically your router gets overloaded with requests. This is either because your router is old and can not support that many requests per second, or there's some setting in your router that may limit the amount of requests it gets before it shuts itself down.

This is a common issue, happened on the MOD with dayz commander as well.  This doesn't happen will all routers I believe but my crappy virgin (not so) "super"hub is affected. when u refresh servers you ping thousands of them.  Do it again then there are a thousands more servers to ping for details.  if yr lucky to be bale to do this 3-4 times yr router gets overloaded and crashes.  It takes a while to recover or u can reset yr modem.

Best thing to do is pick a dozen servers u use regularly and add them to favs.  then just refresh them