Sign in to follow this  
TheWizard14

Is the LRS really as rare as people say it is?

I always see people in the forums or on comments saying how hard and rare it is to find a long range scope. I always come across one or two when I loot a military site. 

I always find one at NWAF and maybe one in that military camp south of NWAF.

Doesn't seem rare to me.

It usually only takes me an hour or so on a single, lowly populated server to find one, and I avoid the military bases. Storage garages spawn weapon attachments, and they're my first stop when looking for a LRS.

Well I love me PU scopes on my Mosin and SKS so I usually dump the LRS.

I've been having a harder time finding the pristine ACOG for the M4

I just found one of those earlier in a hangar... LRS, however, I have only found on corpses

pretty rare only spawns 4 places:

camo covered tower

barracks

military tent

hangar

I've only found one after frantically searching, found it in one of the few loot spawning buildings in the Balota tents. I know they say don't get attached to your gear but I think I'm gonna cry if I lose it.

lrs isnt that great

you still have to deal with the mosin

try sks today!

It's the only thing I've never found in the game. I don't really like sniping in DayZ so I didn't really go out looking for it until recently.

Other day I went to specifically look for it through unlooted areas including all of NWAF, the base south of it, Green Mountain, the military base connected to Zelenogorsk, and finally the base near Pavlovo. Not one LRS. Meanwhile I found like 50 pistols, couple M4s, PU scopes, and even a few pistol mags.

Now that the tent spawn are back they'll probably be easier to find.

It usually only takes me an hour or so on a single, lowly populated server to find one, and I avoid the military bases. Storage garages spawn weapon attachments, and they're my first stop when looking for a LRS.

I haven't found anything weapon related in garages in the last several updates except maybe one bipod. Seems like they used to have a much higher chance of spawning scopes. Used to feel like there was a PU in every other garage.
Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I currently have two on my person, they were looted off two snipers fap'd all over camping NEAF @ Olsha.  I have yet to loot one but I stick to the food/water looting path not so much mil items.

pretty rare only spawns 4 places:

camo covered tower

barracks

military tent

hangar

The sandbag bunker at the end of the North West Airfield spawns them as well as on the very top of the Air Traffic Control tower.

These latest patches I have been real careful looting garages, because I know nice stuff spawn in there, For example theres 11 nice garage facilites in Zelenogorsk around the police station, I have been there a lot. Not to mention in the suburbs of Cherno, or in Svetlojarsk or in Stary Sobor. But I have yet to find any LRS in there in all my time of playing DayZ. I did find one in the military tents back when they first spawned loot, but never since.

However I have yet to find a riders jacket, or magazines for the CZ95 or the 1911, even though they are all apparently incredibly common, not only in said places, but in other civilian spawns as well.

Well I call bs, server hopping or duping for any of those items to be called easily obtainable.

id call them semi-rare. sometimes i come across a bunch of them(which sucks because i dont use them), other times i dont see any of them for a week or two.

Infidels fool-proof guide to finding a Pristine/Worn LRS!!!!!!

Step 1. Find yourself a tool to do a bit of the ol' blood spreading.

Step 2. Go on a populated server

Step 3. Head to the Dam north of Electro** IMPORTANT STEP

Step 4. Wait until you hear Mosin shots on top of sniper hill

Step 5. Go up the northern slope of SH and then down the south slope

Step 6. Repeat until you find the sniper

Step 7. Kill the sniper!!!!!

Step 8. ????

Step 9. LRS PROFITZZZZZZZ

seriously though, my squad has 5 LRS in one backpack to throw around just from stalking snipers, most of which we find so into their scopes we can kill them with an axe and not make any noise. You don't even have to feel bad about killing them, as they are 9/10 times KoS Bambi hunters :D

Edited by CanadianBrooks

I found 4 in one run from NWAF to Zelen

I haven't found them to be particularly rare.

I've been having a harder time finding the pristine ACOG for the M4

Seconded! 

To OP: Nah, they're not. I think the people who complain that they are don't know where to look. If you really want one, go to the NWAF on a low pop morning server (around 8:00). You'll most likely find one.

Infidels fool-proof guide to finding a Pristine/Worn LRS!!!!!!

Step 1. Find yourself a tool to do a bit of the ol' blood spreading.

Step 2. Go on a populated server

Step 3. Head to the Dam north of Electro** IMPORTANT STEP

Step 4. Wait until you hear Mosin shots on top of sniper hill

Step 5. Go up the northern slope of SH and then down the south slope

Step 6. Repeat until you find the sniper

Step 7. Kill the sniper!!!!!

Step 8. ????

Step 9. LRS PROFITZZZZZZZ

seriously though, my squad has 5 LRS in one backpack to throw around just from stalking snipers, most of which we find so into their scopes we can kill them with an axe and not make any noise. You don't even have to feel bad about killing them, as they are 9/10 times KoS Bambi hunters :D

A good sniper pussy is a dead sniper pussy. Edited by Zalvager
  • Like 1

I find so many I gave up on beans and just eat these now.

They were looted off two snipers fap'd all over camping NEAF @ Olsha. 

Which F key is that again?

Now that the tents spawn, I found 5 in one run of nwaf :/

People just look in the wrong places, you need to look in airfield hangars. I always find them there