Sign in to follow this  
smorisson28

Wasn't able to loot my own body.

Howdy, y'all

I was on top of a building in Berezino, the game glitched, and I fell off. I spawned somewhat close to the place, so I went directly there, but upon arrival, I wasn't able to loot my body. Is this a glitch?

Smorisson28 (or, RustyPancake)

Not the first player that complains about looting is body after died, the only time i die and came back to my body, i was able to loot him, but many other players have that same problem, not a glitch.

Edited by SpiraxSarco

Yeah, I had that issue yesterday. Couldn't loot my body.

Howdy, y'all

I was on top of a building in Berezino, the game glitched, and I fell off. I spawned somewhat close to the place, so I went directly there, but upon arrival, I wasn't able to loot my body. Is this a glitch?

hopefully it is not a bug but a feature...

• Like 1

hopefully it is not a bug but a feature...

It would definitely be more realistic. Maybe some day the devs will make your own body invisible to you once you respawn.

• Like 1

Howdy, y'all

Only thing that would make sense if it was not a bug is that someone pressed hide body a a few seconds before you got there. It wouldn't have disappeared until a few minutes later if that happened.

• Like 1

I have never been able to loot my own body.  Even came back and found it was still bleeding, as if the heart were beating, but it said I was dead.

It would definitely be more realistic. Maybe some day the devs will make your own body invisible to you once you respawn.

Quite ingenius actually.  Your body maybe in a glitched area try going first person and crawling up to the carcass.

Quite ingenius actually.  Your body maybe in a glitched area try going first person and crawling up to the carcass.

I would, but it's a little late, I think. There was a zombie chasing me around and I couldn't find a weapon, so that's that, I guess. I'm not too upset, though. That's what this game's about, right? Getting back up and going again.

• Like 1

This happened to me also but i have some advice for a different scenario.

I fell off a ledge and broke my legs and could only crawl.  I dumped all my gear then climbed a higher ladder.  Jumped off at the top to kill myself and when i respawned i went back to the place i dumped my gear and was able to pick it up again.

Obviously this only works if you don't die but still might be useful for all you leg breakers out there.

I like the idea of looting my former body.with permadeath the idea is every character is a NEW survivor so they are looting the body of a former survivor even tho it was controlled by you it is a new and different character

• Like 1

I like the idea of looting my former body.with permadeath the idea is every character is a NEW survivor so they are looting the body of a former survivor even tho it was controlled by you it is a new and different character

So you saying that since you are a 'different' person after respawn, you should be able to loot your body and get geared again, correct? How does this make a new character truly 'new' then? One of the very fundamental aspects of DayZ is that when you make a mistake, you potentially pay for it with your life, which means losing your gear. Being able to loot your own body pushes this very fundamental pillar over in my opinion... Hope it's a feature :D

That's true but also consider if playing on a crowded server and you spawn across the map chances are slim to none making to your body before it is looted.and if you where killed by a player he most likely looted your good gear

This happened to me also but i have some advice for a different scenario.

I fell off a ledge and broke my legs and could only crawl.  I dumped all my gear then climbed a higher ladder.  Jumped off at the top to kill myself and when i respawned i went back to the place i dumped my gear and was able to pick it up again.

Obviously this only works if you don't die but still might be useful for all you leg breakers out there.

it seems you can not loot your own body. however, if you have a friend drop his gear, pick up yours, then redrop yours, it will be there until server reset and you can pick it up

I see my own bodies long after I've died, thats to say; after it has despawned for everyone else. Can't loot them obviously, but they won't go away for that whole server reset. My point beeing you might've not been quick enough to reach your own body? If you was, then I would assume it has something to do with the glitch that killed you. Had some issues looting bodies that strafed through walls/floors/bushes etc. myself.