OldGreg (DayZ)

How can I fing my GUID (SA)?

Hey guys!

I'm tryting to locate my DayZ SA GUID key so I can be whitelisted for DayZRP, however don't know how to find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

I'm tryting to locate my DayZ SA GUID key so I can be whitelisted for DayZRP, however don't know how to find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If your on about the DayZRP im thinking off they dont ask for your GUID as its open to the public

Whitelisting only is on the mod-servers, for which you need ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead.

There is no whitelisting for Standalone and if there is, it's against the rules.

Whitelisting only is on the mod-servers, for which you need ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead.

There is no whitelisting for Standalone and if there is, it's against the rules.

DayZRP SA server recently introduced whitelisting :/ those already whitelisted on their modded server can submit their DayZ SA GUID to be whitelisted there also. I gather this has been introduced recently?

DayZRP SA server recently introduced whitelisting :/ those already whitelisted on their modded server can submit their DayZ SA GUID to be whitelisted there also. I gather this has been introduced recently?

They will have their server reported if they do so. Doesn't appear to be implemented though as I can join it with no issues.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Well i have been on the DayzRP SA server and i didnt have to whitelist as i said above 'they cannot whitelist'

He is right.

Look at this from they're website

Hello!

I have finally figured out a way to add a whitelist to our DayZ Standalone server. I will start a trial with it over the weekend to see if it works properly, here is the information you will need to know before you can start playing:

- You have to be whitelisted to play on our Standalone server. You get whitelisted by sending in an application like always.

- If you're already whitelisted you should only have to enter your Standalone GUID on the whitelist page. This has been added in a timespan of 15 minutes, report any issues to me tongue.gif

- All DayZRP mod rules apply on the standalone server (including name requirements). Some of them are of course still not possible to enforce or monitor, but if we find out that you were breaking these rules you will be punished the same way as if you were on the DayZRP mod servers.

Finally, the restart schedule will now be the same as the mod servers, ie the standalone server should restart at 12, 17, 22, 03 and 08. The game always starts at late afternoon, so there probably won't be any long lasting night time on the server.

This addition will NOT make the standalone server on the same level as the mod servers, it still will be far from it, but it is another step in the right direction.

As always, feel free to submit feedback and ideas smile.gif

Source: http://www.dayzrp.com/

I guess its time to report then.....

• Like 2

He is right.

Thanks for pointing it out.

• Like 1

They need to allow whitelisting for the sake of all that is holy

They need to allow whitelisting for the sake of all that is holy

Wait for private hives to be implemented. Surely you can see how having private servers on a persistent public hive is ridiculous and open to abuse?

• Like 2

I can and do. However, it is impossible to have a mea ingful roleplay server without.

I can and do. However, it is impossible to have a mea ingful roleplay server without.

Hopefully sub-private hives are implemented soon.

But i will however answer OP's question, as its no secret and its the exact same way as in the mod :)

When you are ingame type in:

#beclient guid

And it will give you your GUID.

Now theres no easy way to copy it (as far as i know?) so you are gonna have to write it down, either with pen or paper or notepad or something along those lines.

This number will NEVER change, so you might aswell write it down for the introduction of private hives with whitelisting.

If they can do it, everyone can do it, so as far as we know this "feature" is already ready and waiting, which in it self is a pretty nice thing tbh.

But i cant understand why such a community would do something like that, on a public server, for the sake of RP.

• Like 1

He is right.

Thanks for pointing it out.

I don't see what is the harm. They are their own community and would like to stay private. What do you get by reporting them?

I don't see what is the harm. They are their own community and would like to stay private. What do you get by reporting them?

Its not that anyone dislikes them or have a personal grudge against them, but rules are rules and they are "abusing" the public HIVE by controlling acces to a server connected to it.

They can stay private all they want, when we get private servers, but what they are doing atm is wrong and can be seen as abuse and "illegal" tbh.

If nobody cared about this, we would have half the server list either passworded or whitelisted and the open servers would be a nightmare.

It simply doesnt make sense to allow people to "play private server" on the public HIVE, surely you must be able to see this, regardless of they're intentions.

• Like 1

Its not that anyone dislikes them or have a personal grudge against them, but rules are rules and they are "abusing" the public HIVE by controlling acces to a server connected to it.

They can stay private all they want, when we get private servers, but what they are doing atm is wrong and can be seen as abuse and "illegal" tbh.

If nobody cared about this, we would have half the server list either passworded or whitelisted and the open servers would be a nightmare.

It simply doesnt make sense to allow people to "play private server" on the public HIVE, surely you must be able to see this, regardless of they're intentions.

So you'd rather have hackers and cheaters grief you all day long ?

So you'd rather have hackers and cheaters grief you all day long ?

That's not necessarily where it's going. Whitelisting is not the solution to people scripting. There is no problem with private hives being whitelisted, but as long as there are none, it won't work.

That's not necessarily where it's going. Whitelisting is not the solution to people scripting. There is no problem with private hives being whitelisted, but as long as there are none, it won't work.

As long as it's still part of the central hive what's it matter? You can still gather data and bugs from private HIVEs and whitelisted servers. But wouldn't whitelisting servers start to centralize hackers? All I am getting at is as long as you guys control everything else whats it matter if it's restricted?

Edited by ProstheticMunky

As long as it's still part of the central hive what's it matter? You can still gather data and bugs from private HIVEs and whitelisted servers. But wouldn't whitelisting servers start to centralize hackers? All I am getting at is as long as you guys control everything else whats it matter if it's restricted?

You could theoretically farm loot all day without anyone possibly killing you - because you could be alone on the server, then position yourself ontop of a roof and snipe freshspawns.

Everyone's equal and everyone has the same right to join a server on publichive. Those are the rules.

You could theoretically farm loot all day without anyone possibly killing you - because you could be alone on the server, then position yourself ontop of a roof and snipe freshspawns.

Everyone's equal and everyone has the same right to join a server on publichive. Those are the rules.

And how many empty servers are there? Alot,So your argument don't float. And all of that is all ready going on and it's all public already, So what are you trying to say? I just want to know exactly why it's a rule. I don't see playing against scripter as equal. Also if I was killing fresh spawns why would I play on DayzRP and be a member of that community and it's strict rules ?

Edited by ProstheticMunky

And how many empty servers are there? Alot,So your argument don't float. And all of that is all ready going on and it's all public already, So what are you trying to say? I just want to know exactly why it's a rule. I don't see playing against scripter as equal. Also if I was killing fresh spawns why would I play on DayzRP and be a member of that community and it's strict rules ?

So whitelist should be allowed, because theres alot of empty servers anyway?  :huh:

I fail to see the reasoning in that argument.

Everyone can still join an empty server, only a select few can join whitelisted, and if DayZRP is allowed to whitelist, everyone should be allowed to whitelist.

Which basicly means, 50-80% of the entire server list will be whitelisted and used for either Roleplaying, what kichilron said or other things, that could impact the public HIVE in a negative way.

Lets face it, RP is a small percentage of the reason people wants to whitelist a server mate, its such a small minority in the community, most just wants to gun'n'run it.

Also, consider when they implement the "loot economy", whitelisted servers would be the only place rare items or rare vehicles will exist, because they are "hidden" in a controlled environment.

This is why ALL public servers has to be open to EVERYONE at all times, to "even the playing field" and give every single person that bought the game, the same opportunities, whether they start playing now or in a year.

Why is it such a big problem to wait for the implementation of private servers??

This is an alpha game!

See what you made me do there, i didnt want to pull the alpha card, but i had to...

Edited by Byrgesen

You rent a server NOW to help the development, to help the community, to make your own group grow.

Your server is PUBLIC until the game goes LIVE. That is the truth, no matter how hard it is to accept it after you invested the money.

There are no arguments against it.

Once it goes LIVE, go private.

Wait.

Soon.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

Ahh, I see how you talk about all the servers being private. Yes, perhaps in the future, they should hide private servers or put a lock symbol on them.