Jmtuska

How to convince a friend to get dayz

Hi I have been trying to convince my friend to get dayz but he won't budge. I would like you the dayz community to help me convince him. If you could give some reasons to play with backed up explanations that would be extremely helpful.

Tell him that this game is so much harder than his, and he is a noob and a chicken

He said noobs play this game

He sounds like someone I force fed rotten food and disinfectant after handcuffing them, stripping them of their cloths,breaking their legs and throwing a burlap sack over their head before I let zombies I led over to him eat his flesh. 

Hi I have been trying to convince my friend to get dayz but he won't budge. I would like you the dayz community to help me convince him. If you could give some reasons to play with backed up explanations that would be extremely helpful.

Just let him try it?

If he says noobs play this game when arma and dayz (based of arma) are one of the most realistic combat sims out there then he obviously has no clue what he is talking about and probably thinks battlefield is for pro's. I don't think the game is for him but i think the best way to get him to buy it would be to find an immersive youtube video (you find the right video) that shows off exactly how tense the game can be when getting fired at and when injured and see if he likes the look of it.

Heres what you do, shoot him in the legs, handcuff him, force him to eat chemical spray, then point him towards the computer telling him he can do this to others on there.

Guys I know my friend is a loser noob but I want ppl to play with so could you plz help with my problem instead of telling how much my friend sucks

Easy thing here. Constantly skype with him while playing the game, find someone to play DayZ to make him jealous, or find a really good video. You could also throw slight insults at him saying things such as "This game is for noobs right? You could totally beat everybody on this game easy, right?" But say it with sarcasm. That's how I convinced my friend, using the skype with another guy while playing DayZ thing.

• Like 1

Btw he just said you all are stupid and have bad vocabulary

Oh?

But then this is nothing for him. This is mainly for us young illiterate noobs.

It is good if he stays out of it, for your sake to. He can care for you after you lost your job, wife and family due to hanging in the game to much...

• Like 3

I just don't get it my friend just thinks it's a stupid, (sigh) whatever thanks for the help

The only selling point I can think of atm is the intense tension. Very immersive game already despite the alpha stage.

How about you be a good friend and not try to force someone to get a game that they clearly don't want.

How about you be a good friend and not try to force someone to get a game that they clearly don't want.

This is basically what I wanted to say after reading this thread. If your friend doesn't want to play it, he doesn't want to play it.

Try some other friend, or make new ones online who are also looking for people to play it with.

The only way to get people to buy SA in its current state is to lie to them. 

Show him a Mod like Epoch to get him all excited so he will buy the game thinking that there will be a bunch of cool content in it.

Once he logs in you will have about 2-3 hours to play with him before he gets all pissed off that there is nothing to do. 

Just let him try it?

Ummm no.. he said he wants to get him to buy it remember.

I showed DayZ SA to my friend a few weeks ago.

This is how it went....

Check out this game man

Ok

So what do you do?

You run around and try to find loot

Then what?

Umm nothing,

This sucks

The only way to get people to buy SA in its current state is to lie to them. 

Show him a Mod like Epoch to get him all excited so he will buy the game thinking that there will be a bunch of cool content in it.

Once he logs in you will have about 2-3 hours to play with him before he gets all pissed off that there is nothing to do. 

Yeah just because you know his mind. i was the same when my friend tried to introduce me. didnt wanted to know anything about the game.

but my opinion changed after i saw some vids on youtube. and now? the game is awesome for me.

back 2 topic: maybe you can show him some funny youtube videos, or some gunfights with it. that was it, what changed me

Mention him about streamers who have big boobs.. Nobody refuses that especially men!! 

I have a friend, owns DayZ mod and Standalone. Plays once every few months, all he does is get on a hospital and try to snipe people. Then he complains about how boring it is.

I have since stopped asking him to play DayZ. Some people just lack the creativity, intelligence and the fortitude that are needed to make DayZ a compelling game. I suggest you do the same with your friend, it sounds like maybe eventually he might acquiesce and give it a shot. But the kind of person that says any game, let alone DayZ "is for noobs" is probably looking for a more straight forward experience with rounds and mission and storylines to guide him along through a frag fest. If he was forced to come up with his own gameplay as DayZ does, he would probably get bored and quit quickly anyway.

• Like 1

Buy him a copy of the game idiot. You're the one wanting him to play it.

• Like 1