Sign in to follow this  
drayson

Updates...

Like i said worst forum ever for information,why should i look through everyone's twitter.

I have a pro-tip for you then: Don't bother. If you can't search yourself while everything is there, it would be too much of an effort to read through the changelogs as well then.

If they were to write down every change that's being tested on Experimental to post it on here the Dev's would spend more time creating changelogs than actually implementing new stuff.

It's the experimental. There is no need for a changelog.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 6

Demonica: i am just glad these guys don't run a newspaper because they would be out of business.Maybe you should go look at other forums to see how a good forum keeps its players up to date with whats going on.For them just to say to us look around through everyones twitter rather than just have them do a little work is ridiculous.If you like searching around like a puppy dog be my guest.

You clearly don't understand how it's working. We have the DevTracker to keep you posted and there's a massive interview with Dean at Rezzed where he announces what's coming up.

Omg the laziness of you guy's is incredible,i never seen such a lazy forum that says i should look through a bunch of twitter accounts my goodness merica?

We really all are kids of the internet-age are we not? Every Information must be obtainable within 2 seconds, if it's not and would take more than 2 minutes research it's clearly nothing you would need to know.

Everything you're asking for is there. If you can't find it, it's your problem, not ours. You don't even have to look through Twitter it's on these forums:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/131-devtracker/

If you don't like these forums, be gone.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 4

Good forums lay in the eyes of the beer holder. It's just become second nature to me to check out the dev tracker every once in a while. Doesn't take more than ten minutes. If there's a real hot update, people will talk about it in the General Discussion anyway, so there's another way of seeing what's new.

All in all: I'm happy with it. Sorry that you are not.

Night_Stalker: Because you want to know what's new, and can't expect people to do all the searching for you. The Dev Tracker actually has some valuable info and gives you a quick overview.

If you don't feel like "searching everyone's twitter", then don't and stay uninformed or behind on info that interests you.

I see his point and his folly. He needs to be willing to dig deeper for the information, but on his side the devs, with this being an early release alpha, could genuinely do well with having even a volunteer community manager, like one of their forum admins, who would have the sole task of correlating all of the data and posting it up in a nice easy to comprehend and read thread. It would not be that hard to do, the devs could let him know when a patch is going live and could send him the data to type it up and post it once it does. Then everyone could go read it, and not have to ask so many questions like they do wasting even more time than if it was just handled properly to begin with. 

• Like 1

I see his point and his folly. He needs to be willing to dig deeper for the information, but on his side the devs, with this being an early release alpha, could genuinely do well with having even a volunteer community manager, like one of their forum admins, who would have the sole task of correlating all of the data and posting it up in a nice easy to comprehend and read thread. It would not be that hard to do, the devs could let him know when a patch is going live and could send him the data to type it up and post it once it does. Then everyone could go read it, and not have to ask so many questions like they do wasting even more time than if it was just handled properly to begin with. 

That's the thing though, why should they waste just a tad more effort because people don't wanna dig deeper for update info? Damn, the amount of time he spends here fighting with us could be used to look at the Dev Tracker. xD

The Dev tracker was the tool I was missing in my searches for updates, thank you for that. Having said that, I am still of the opinion that a little more effort to keep the community updated on whats going on, being worked on, etc. could be put into it, even from a simple volunteer.

I'd imagine a lot more questions if they were to do that at this stage of development. Later - when we are looking at all core game elements in place and working bug fixes? Absolutely. Now would just drive more whining from people who have no idea how game development works. Why they did this before that? Why aren't they working on this? I can hear the whines already...

That's the thing though, why should they waste just a tad more effort because people don't wanna dig deeper for update info? Damn, the amount of time he spends here fighting with us could be used to look at the Dev Tracker. xD

Well, it would not be a waste on their part. The admins and mods already spend countless hours cleaning this place up, and I would be willing to bet a good portion of that has to do with people wanting to know about patches and changes, etc.. Not everyone is at the same level when it comes to PC usage. Some need help.

It would make things streamlined to have one post, that updates whenever the game does. Even if its just to say, this is a test nothing to see here. It would not take up anyones valuable time if they simply had an admin or mod do it. As it is now, devs already take the time to answer twitter. Why not use your own actual website for communication? It is sort of backwards how they are handling the communication with their community during an early release alpha test. Normally you would want to make it easier to provide feedback, not more difficult. Personally, Im fine either way though. I just think they could make things a little more accessible for users.

Edited by lrish

Well, it would not be a waste on their part. The admins and mods already spend countless hours cleaning this place up, and I would be willing to bet a good portion of that has to do with people wanting to know about patches and changes, etc.. Not everyone is at the same level when it comes to PC usage. Some need help.

It would make things streamlined to have one post, that updates whenever the game does. Even if its just to say, this is a test nothing to see here. It would not take up anyones valuable time if they simply had an admin or mod do it. As it is now, devs already take the time to answer twitter. Why not use your own actual website for communication? It is sort of backwards how they are handling the communication with their community during an early release alpha test. Normally you would want to make it easier to provide feedback, not more difficult. Personally, Im fine either way though. I just think they could make things a little more accessible for users.

True, but then again their is those moments when the people will just whine. :/ I will feel so bad for the CM of these forums. xD Well, either I am too fine with both but I just think people should put more effort just as the Devs are putting alot of effort.

So you are saying i should read all the useless twitter b.s like today i am going to learn how to row from dean or what he ate today.YOU ARE RIDICULOUS.

Here, I went ahead and grabbed one of the "BS" twitter posts that is your assuming is about eating.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/184062-reddit-scubaman3d-on-thought-this-would-have-been-spotted-by-now-m16-being-added/

I do see your point Irish, that would be a good idea. Maybe in the future they'll implement this.

• Like 1

I do see your point Irish, that would be a good idea. Maybe in the future they'll implement this.

Thanks! :) ..They sort of did with the dev tracker and the whole informations page on updates. But since its all up to the devs, who are busy, to update it.. things fall through the cracks. This game would do really well with a community manager. I hope that someone sees this and thinks the same, maybe it will happen one day ;) 

Yea another worthless post good job.

It's fine getting into an argument with me, but you have been told to stop and continued arguing with other members on this matter, without any reasoning behind it.

We don't like trolls here.

Member warned & Topic cleaned.

Edited by kichilron