Sign in to follow this  
blunce

Asian Male is the Fastest Runner?

What's up y'all,

In all seriousness, this isn't a racial remark, a troll, or anything of that nature but;

My default char is an Asian male with a white t-shirt, green jeans, & black shoes. My reason for posting this is because for some reason, my character can outrun every single person I've encountered. & I've only noticed this since making my default character Asian. No matter who it is, when sprinting with someone, both of us have our fists up, I always travel slightly faster. I feel ignorant for posting something like this, but it's something that I've legitimately experience respawn after respawn while playing as an Asian male (My default use to be white male & I had never noticed me being able to outrun people). Anyone else experience this? Can anyone shed some light?

Again, I'm sorry if I sound ignorant or if anyone takes offense to this, but this is something I've been consistently experiencing.

EDIT: To my understanding, loot doesn't have a weight system yet, correct? (i.e. carrying a lot of loot won't slow you down)

Edited by blunce
  • Like 1

Could just be Desync or lag, coincidence, or maybe your friends aren't doing the 'double tap' on W

Could just be Desync or lag, coincidence, or maybe your friends aren't doing the 'double tap' on W

Thanks for the quick reply .. I've considered all of these & I've been experiencing this countless times. No red/yellow desync chain in lower right corner on the HUD, ping is all good, I don't know what to think any more lol. I wish I could provide you guys with footage but I don't have any recording software.

If someone could recommend a free & reliable recording software for me to try out that would be great.

Actually if your friends are weenies and don't keep their character healthy, and you do, you will run faster than them.

The healthier you are, the faster and more agile your character is. You are fastest when in the "Healthy" state, obviously.

Something to think about.

• Like 1

Actually if your friends are weenies and don't keep their character healthy, and you do, you will run faster than them.

The healthier you are, the faster and more agile your character is. You are fastest when in the "Healthy" state, obviously.

Something to think about.

Wow I never knew this!! That's definitely the most logical explanation I've heard yet. Can anyone else confirm this?

only recording software I know is fraps

Thank you .. I'll check it out

Ive noticed that my character (some white guy) seems to out run my lasses (some white woman) all the time, whether im fully geared and she isnt, or we both are. Hers seems to get hungry and thirsty more often too. Dont know if its possible or not either, but it seems to be happening.

only recording software I know is fraps

Nope there is a fair few out there to use some are demos but free to use. Best one to use is this one Open Broadcaster Software, check this thred out on how to use and set up to record evidence or with step to produce etc. Link:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172857-obs-free-way-to-record-or-stream-in-dayz-in-20-steps/?hl=%2Bopen+%2Bbroadcaster+%2Bsoftware

Nope there is a fair few out there to use some are demos but free to use. Best one to use is this one Open Broadcaster Software, check this thred out on how to use and set up to record evidence or with step to produce etc. Link:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172857-obs-free-way-to-record-or-stream-in-dayz-in-20-steps/?hl=%2Bopen+%2Bbroadcaster+%2Bsoftware

Cool, thanks!

Ive noticed that my character (some white guy) seems to out run my lasses (some white woman) all the time, whether im fully geared and she isnt, or we both are. Hers seems to get hungry and thirsty more often too. Dont know if its possible or not either, but it seems to be happening.

I'm starting to think the underlying issue lies elsewhere other than the default char settings :huh:

Wow I never knew this!! That's definitely the most logical explanation I've heard yet. Can anyone else confirm this?

Actually another thought I just had is that if your computer is solid and you get good frames and your friends are running at 20 FPS or lower that can slow their characters minimally. 

It's a long shot but I do KNOW that if you have bad fps your character will stutter and run slower in real time.

Also as far as recording software goes, I didn't read any responses or anything but I personally have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 and I use ShadowPlay. It's an absolutely free and amazing program with great features that other software does not offer, like recording stuff from the past, and it also records in H.264 format which barely affects frames. If you're running an Nvidia card check it out. I think it requires a 460 or higher.

EDIT: I actually see you're not running Nvidia on your signature. Well that's too bad. Sorry to get your hopes up. Haha. Nvidia FTW

Edited by BadContrakt

Running speed has always been weird in DayZ since the mod.

Sometimes you run way faster than your friends then the next day on same characters who hadn't died your friend will be way faster than you then the next day a 3rd friend will be the fastest.

Edited by Weedz

Maybe some random on-spawn attributes given to your character we aren't aware about ? Sometimes randomly when you respawn your character may have a slight boost to running or faster metabolism (getting hungry and thirsty faster but also heals faster)

EDIT: I actually see you're not running Nvidia on your signature. Well that's too bad. Sorry to get your hopes up. Haha. Nvidia FTW

I actually am running Nvidia! They make the EVGA series ;)

I'm gonna check out that program too man, thank you

I actually am running Nvidia! They make the EVGA series ;)

I'm gonna check out that program too man, thank you

Oh wow okay. I didn't know they made EVGA. I'm not super caught up with the whole PC world. I'm not the most knowledgeable..

So yeah check out ShadowPlay it's absolutely free for all Nvidia customers. Amaaaaazing program!

Oh the post above me, so a 650 or higher. And you have a 580. That's unfortunate. The 580 is a decent card too.

Edited by BadContrakt

Thank you .. I'll check it out

FRAPS has been around a long time and is good.. Careful using other ones until you know that the anti-cheat system is aware of them, I used a superb one called Game-Cam back-in-the-day and picked up a warning from Punkbuster for GameHook!!! I subsequently got the mark removed when Game-Cam was no longer seen as a hack by PunkBuster. Because they 'intercept' the video they can be seen as a hack.

EDIT: ps...OP...your comment isn't racist in the slightest. Besides, in real life black guys are the fastest sprinters (shorter Achilles tendon), not Asians, and in particular Kenyans are incredible long-distance runners.

Edited by Trigger Hippy

EDIT: ps...OP...your comment isn't racist in the slightest. Besides, in real life black guys are the fastest sprinters (shorter Achilles tendon), not Asians, and in particular Kenyans are incredible long-distance runners.

You can never be too considerate ;)

To everyone else that's commented on here, thank you. I'll try to capture some footage of what I'm experiencing & report back

I by mistake ended up last time with an Asian woman for a character on HC,I thought she would run faster but I don't think she does compared to the white male I was useing

thats only IMHO

Edit>

The white male does not run any faster either, as far as I can tell

Edited by Scott61

I mean, it may sound wrong to say it like this but maybe we need to do a "race race"? Have several people all spawn in as freshies, different races each person. Then they all sprint to see if there is any difference. As new spawns, everything should be the same except for connection/ping. So this would be the only real way to test this properly. Im being a little facetious with the title, "Race race" but it is spot on as to what needs to happen and I am not trying to offend anyone with my slight levity. Hope I didn't. ;)

I mean, it may sound wrong to say it like this but maybe we need to do a "race race"? Have several people all spawn in as freshies, different races each person. Then they all sprint to see if there is any difference. As new spawns, everything should be the same except for connection/ping. So this would be the only real way to test this properly. Im being a little facetious with the title, "Race race" but it is spot on as to what needs to happen and I am not trying to offend anyone with my slight levity. Hope I didn't. ;)

I'm so down for that man

Bummer man .. I got a sweet deal on my 580 when I was building my PC, haha!

There are "creative ways" to use fraps without the recording time limit...

There are "creative ways" to use fraps without the recording time limit...

I wouldn't know, I'm inexperienced

I wouldn't know, I'm inexperienced

You could ask someone politely to personal message you to teach you how to remove the FRAPS time limit. I'm glad I have ShadowPlay but there are other ways to record of course.

Also, Dxtory is a great program that is a direct competitor with FRAPS, but with a few more bells and whistles than FRAPS has. Maybe search youtube for FRAPS Vs Dxtory and I'm sure there are a few out there that compare them, and in my opinion Dxtory has some great features and beats FRAPS (even though I used FRAPS to record for a looong time!)