Capo

So where the makarov at?!

One of the most iconic guns in the mod, and my personal favorite pistol (the SD was the shit when it could still take regular mak mags). Haven't seen a bar of info on it, no previews, no animations, not even people asking for it. It's probably one of the most common pistols in eastern europe, so it makes sense that it's added, and at least in my mind, should come before the p38.

So I figured I'd be the first to ask- Is the makarov planned? When can we expect it? Is the art dept going to add both the Makarov PM and the PB? The PM is more common but the PB also has a detachable silencer. So both would be good, the PM a civ variant with the PB and silencer spawning separately in military locations.

so yeah, how bout it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makarov_pistol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PB_pisto

Edited by Capo
  • Like 3

Like most things it probably isn't done yet. Thus the reason we don't have AKs yet.

EDIT: I kinda loled at the fact that this is my 1169th post.

Edited by Dchil

Like most things it probably isn't done yet. Thus the reason we don't have AKs yet.

Can't say it wouldn't be nice if they sped up production on the mak though! It's such a dayz gun. 

Can't say it wouldn't be nice if they sped up production on the mak though! It's such a dayz gun. 

Makarov? (a gun we haven't seen anything of for SA besides hints from the devs and how logical it is) or respawn (loot and zombie) improvements?

Cause they can do both but i think the AK is priority at the moment and possibly the P1 (aka P38).

Makarov? (a gun we haven't seen anything of for SA besides hints from the devs and how logical it is) or respawn (loot and zombie) improvements?

Cause they can do both but i think the AK is priority at the moment and possibly the P1 (aka P38).

lol, I think we both know that implementation of new guns and respawn improvements are two different departments. But yeah, both!

AK is pretty sweet, and was my favorite assault rifle from the mod, keen as mustard for it, but yeah p38< makarov, can't fault them for new weaponry in the end though.  

it seems to me that the pistol Makarov hackneyed theme, better gun PB he fits just fine in the game)

Ruger MK2 is the new Makarov.

You cannot simply replace the Makarov.

• Like 1

One does not simply replace the Makarov.

maxresdefault.jpg

*FTFY

• Like 1

EDIT: I kinda loled at the fact that this is my 1169th post.

I agree with this. We now have so many pistols we almost have Lara croft coming over

I agree with this. We now have so many pistols we almost have Lara croft coming over

but the most important pistol is missing. The ruger mk2 is in no way as cool, useful, or setting correct as the makarov. In no way does it replace it. 

It has been speculated that they will never add the Makarov because it does not use 9x19mm and they want to cut down on different ammo types. Who knows.

And for those of who may be about to suggest it, a 9x19mm Makarov would be worse than no Makarov at all.

It has been speculated that they will never add the Makarov because it does not use 9x19mm and they want to cut down on different ammo types. Who knows.

And for those of who may be about to suggest it, a 9x19mm Makarov would be worse than no Makarov at all.

D: that's terrible news. Hopefully that's all it is; speculation. At the moment we have 4 different pistol calibers, surely 5 isn't going to break the bank. Also if they play around with loot spawns, what's the harm, more is less if you do it right, surely if they want people to always have low ammunition, spawning more incompatible ammo types is the go. 

Bit pissed off they added the ruger if that's the case, .22 ammo is common and all well and good, but fuck sake, doesn't take precedence over the mak. 

A makarov that fires the 9x19mm would be a bit retarded. 

what about the baikal? It's a civilian gas cartridge pistol rebored to fire 9mm ammo, sadly the article is unclear on whether it's 9x19 or 9x18

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1106804/The-usual-suspect-How-Baikal-Britains-favourite-killing-machine.html#ixzz2YDGUELlV

also that might be specific to the UK, if you live in eastern europe surely it's easier to just get the real thing. 

Edited by Capo

Sad part is they will no doubt add countless guns that are much less common than 9x18 weapons. 

Really though, there are plenty of 9mm Makarov weapons they could add - CZ83, P64, APS, PMM... fuck .357

Also i really don't get why they won't sacrifice a few ammo types for must-haves. If we can't get 9x18 becuase they add .22... what do people want more?

My fear is they are trying to pacifie the Makarov crowd with the P1, becuase it would perform similar. Well that won't work on me atleast.

• Like 1

A makarov that fires the 9x19mm would be a bit retarded. 

what about the baikal? It's a civilian gas cartridge pistol rebored to fire 9mm ammo, sadly the article is unclear on whether it's 9x19 or 9x18

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1106804/The-usual-suspect-How-Baikal-Britains-favourite-killing-machine.html#ixzz2YDGUELlV

also that might be specific to the UK, if you live in eastern europe surely it's easier to just get the real thing.

Frankly it would be even worse because anything you could convert the Baikal gas guns to, you could also convert a real Makarov to. I also don't think 9x19mm would even work in that gun and I know it's too high pressure to be safe. I would assume they would be converting them to 9x17mm (.380 ACP) thus requiring a new ammo type same as the Makarov would.

In addition converted pistols and the guns they are based on are most commonly found where people can't obtain the real thing - with .357 Pythons and 1911s Chernarus does not seem to have that problem, and their military uses the Makarov.

Tanfoglio GT28 is another blank gun that was notorious for being converted along with other guns from companies such as EKOL. Baikal and parent company Izhmekh also produce many Makarov clones (also the original too) including the 442, IJ-70 and MP-71 in 9x17mm and 9x18mm, but none in 9x19mm. Only feasible way to add a Mak without saying "fuck you, authenticity" would be to add a new ammo type: 9x18mm.

And consider the Walther: 8 round magazine, 9mm.

That sounds a lot like the Makarov's place, no?

Perhaps that was the whole plan with introducing that pistol, as a replacement for the Russian pistol...

Sad part is they will no doubt add countless guns that are much less common than 9x18 weapons. 

Really though, there are plenty of 9mm Makarov weapons they could add - CZ83, P64, APS, PMM... fuck .357

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Škorpion_vz._61 czech smg also chambered in 9x18, although not a common chambering for that smg, I don't really think it's stretching reality too far, and would open up the round to more than one weapon. 

Frankly it would be even worse because anything you could convert the Baikal gas guns to, you could also convert a real Makarov to. I also don't think 9x19mm would even work in that gun and I know it's too high pressure to be safe. I would assume they would be converting them to 9x17mm (.380 ACP) thus requiring a new ammo type same as the Makarov would.

In addition converted pistols and the guns they are based on are most commonly found where people can't obtain the real thing - with .357 Pythons and 1911s Chernarus does not seem to have that problem, and their military uses the Makarov.

Tanfoglio GT28 is another blank gun that was notorious for being converted along with other guns from companies such as EKOL. Baikal and parent company Izhmekh also produce many Makarov clones (also the original too) including the 442, IJ-70 and MP-71 in 9x17mm and 9x18mm, but none in 9x19mm. Only feasible way to add a Mak without saying "fuck you, authenticity" would be to add a new ammo type: 9x18mm.

And consider the Walther: 8 round magazine, 9mm.

That sounds a lot like the Makarov's place, no?

Perhaps that was the whole plan with introducing that pistol, as a replacement for the Russian pistol...

well it sounds to me like they need to add in a new ammo type. 

as much as I like and appreciate the walther, and while there are some glaring similarities, you can't replace apples with pears, and I sincerely hope that that's not the plan. 

while we're all here, does anyone have a source for the limited ammo types theory? 

Edited by Capo

Needs to be added before helicopters are implemented, how else will we shoot them down? :)

• Like 2

I just tried this out in Arma 3.

I wouldnt rely on it too much! Obviously if it hits DAYZ (and as a DAYZ classic it should) its specs will differ.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2