Sign in to follow this  
-HOTG-Odin

Hardcore players

Well my first hardcore death is about to be starvation....

• Like 1

What was your first hardcore death? If you remember =]

Going to the ship to find a friend who was pinned, he said here was one guy shooting at him with a M4, when i ran to the boat a sniper shot me with a mosin...then my friend said 'oh yeah there's a guy with a mosin somewhere as well' XD

• Like 3

Death by a thousand glitches back in January. Stopped playing for a month and came back to the new zombies and towns. My first death then was starvation as I ran strait for the new town on the NE coast. Made it there and the place was already picked clean. I starved to death on the tracks heading west.

Edited by Brethren Develain

Haven't died yet...

Like bionic man or something.

Have been shot at, ambushed, chased off, out flanked, out gunned and out scavved but still survived probably by sheer luck.

Gunfights when you've been alive weeks on end really get the blood pumping!

My buddy had also survived as long but was taken out West of Zelengorsk. Couldn't reach his body and couldn't get a good enough shot at the 3 guys who got him. I hid in a house and peppered 5.56s at them but had to back off after emptying two clips, fearing I'd be flanked and killed sooner or later.  

So I'm waiting for that glorious moment when I fall off a ladder and *splat*....

• Like 2

I was on my usual server, but only 4 total players. I made it through Cherno after discovering the new high rises to the north. I ended up approaching Balota AF fro the north east. I scouted it out for a bit and determined that with only 4 players on the server I must have it all to myself. I looted all the way to the ATC tower and loaded up on some really nice goods. M4, tons of ammo, ACOG, etc.

I stayed up top of the tower looking in all directions and didnt see anyone. So I started my exfiltration. Once I got on the ground floor I forgot about one Zombie that had trailed me in, she aggro'ed and a few more spawned and joined the orgy. Being tote's alone and unable to swing my axe in a confined space, I opted to run out for a little cushion between me and the Zeds. Now mind you I just spent about 5 mins looking around for people, but my blind spot was the hangars. As I ran out toward them, two guys popped out of one and I think we both scared each other because they kinds ran in circles for a second. Then they opened fire as they must have though I was rushing them with my Axe. So after all that looting up without server hopping, and careful scanning of my location , I ran into 2 of the other 3 guys on the server!! And we scared each other enough that I died. I know they werent server hoppers because the list of names didnt change, same names and only 4. 

JUST MY SHITTY LUCK!!!

• Like 1

I was on my usual server, but only 4 total players. I made it through Cherno after discovering the new high rises to the north. I ended up approaching Balota AF fro the north east. I scouted it out for a bit and determined that with only 4 players on the server I must have it all to myself. I looted all the way to the ATC tower and loaded up on some really nice goods. M4, tons of ammo, ACOG, etc.

I stayed up top of the tower looking in all directions and didnt see anyone. So I started my exfiltration. Once I got on the ground floor I forgot about one Zombie that had trailed me in, she aggro'ed and a few more spawned and joined the orgy. Being tote's alone and unable to swing my axe in a confined space, I opted to run out for a little cushion between me and the Zeds. Now mind you I just spent about 5 mins looking around for people, but my blind spot was the hangars. As I ran out toward them, two guys popped out of one and I think we both scared each other because they kinds ran in circles for a second. Then they opened fire as they must have though I was rushing them with my Axe. So after all that looting up without server hopping, and careful scanning of my location , I ran into 2 of the other 3 guys on the server!! And we scared each other enough that I died. I know they werent server hoppers because the list of names didnt change, same names and only 4. 

JUST MY SHITTY LUCK!!!

Crazy thing about this game actually, on the full severs it seems to be a more east and south coast line death match mostly. But the lower population servers you get the gearing up players and the ones just wanting to steer clear of people. Met more people inland in the servers with only 1-10 other people in, than when we go in the 30 - 40 player range servers. Crazy isnt it when there is only a couple of people in the server, you would think Balota's huge military base/airstrip would be the logical choice, but then, people are illogical :). I dont think its your bad luck at all, seems to be what dayz is like. 

• Like 1

I'm not completely sure I understand the question.

Tripping over a small rock and falling through the bottom of the earth. :|

Edited by Geckofrog7

Lol just yesterday, our first death on a hardcore server was we were hunting/looking to counter snipe snipers in elektro. As we were skulking in the woods a bullet hit the tree next to me, we instantly ran into a nearby house to take shelter. After I peaked in the window to see what the situation was, a bullet rang by my ear.

Since he was paying attention to the window I opened the door and shot the sniper. Next thing you know 3 guys have our building surrounded with m4's, we both cover a door and take down one person with our magnums, but they then killed me with a head shot as they peaked. As my friend knew he was count to die he shot all my gear and made a last stand until they got him.

Well me and my buddy Started our first hardcore guys, I started in elektro made it to cherno to just get flung off a ladder out for no reason and died lol. It sent me launching off the top of a firestation for some reason not sure why. We finally grouped up after that headed out to the airfield balota with the mission of getting mosins with a long range scope. We got one i gave it to my friend with the mosin killed about 3 people inside the air strip i got a mosin from one hopped servers i took the long range scope and we double tapped a guy out in the forest my buddy got killed while we were looting his corpse his friend came i got knocked unconsious and lived some how =] my poor friend alen died. I like hardcore so far if anyone wants to play let me know.

Got 2 kills today for my first hardcore playthrough was pretty fun

Going to the ship to find a friend who was pinned, he said here was one guy shooting at him with a M4, when i ran to the boat a sniper shot me with a mosin...then my friend said 'oh yeah there's a guy with a mosin somewhere as well' XD

Yeah I also have died from a hidden mosin guy lol it's a crappy thing

• Like 1

Doing the backwards and forwards dance trying to gain access to the ladder so I could get down...

Glitched through the 2nd floor of an office building, slowly heading towards to my impending doom...

Seriously, it was like gravity had been replaced by treacle for the duration of my 'fall'.

• Like 1

broken leg wandering about an ACT tower...

thought id been shot but no sound or follow up shots as I crawled off the ladder

still a mystery!

First death I can remember is running into 4 man squad outside North-West. Managed to take one with me.

I was in the police station at the military base just under NWAF, and I was in between the bed and the wall. Went to drink my soda, and he went into animation and it pushed me outside of the wall and I fell 2 floors. Let us just say that when you fall 2 floors, your chances of survival are, well, in dayz, none.

Edited by Zedertone

I was in the police station at the military base just under NWAF, and I was in between the bed and the wall. Went to drink my soda, and he went into animation and it pushed me outside of the wall and I fell 2 floors. Let us just say that when you fall 2 floors, your chances of survival are, well, in dayz, none.

Lol I've died a couple times from falling off buildings definitely learned my lesson.

• Like 1

Lol I've died a couple times from falling off buildings definitely learned my lesson.

It's definitely a pain in the ass haha.

My wife pushed me out of a fire station tower by running into me.

Shes a keeper haha =]

Glitched through the 2nd floor of an office building, slowly heading towards to my impending doom...

Seriously, it was like gravity had been replaced by treacle for the duration of my 'fall'.

I did the same thing at Factory, fell right though a window, felt like I was butterfly till I hit the pavement.

Climbing stuff in Cherno with a few friends on release day so we could see the layout and what had changed.

I hear on teamspeak, "Can I test out the zeroing on this mosin?"

Bang.

You Are Dead.

Haven't died yet...

Like bionic man or something.

Have been shot at, ambushed, chased off, out flanked, out gunned and out scavved but still survived probably by sheer luck.

Gunfights when you've been alive weeks on end really get the blood pumping!

My buddy had also survived as long but was taken out West of Zelengorsk. Couldn't reach his body and couldn't get a good enough shot at the 3 guys who got him. I hid in a house and peppered 5.56s at them but had to back off after emptying two clips, fearing I'd be flanked and killed sooner or later.  

So I'm waiting for that glorious moment when I fall off a ladder and *splat*....

It's possible I was one of the three guys. From our perspective, we were looting there and then an unknown showed up and started shooting at us, so we all returned fire.

My hardcore experience is otherwise incredibly similar :D

• Like 1