DieBrotmafia

DayZ Oculus Rift Performance

Will DayZ ever work on the Oculus Rift? I thought about this since some time, since Dean mentioned a long time ago he would implement Rift support... But the Rift needs STABLE 75-90+ fps, no drops. Lots of people with ridiculous strong computers report something like 40 fps or less e.g. in Chernarus. Is there anyone that gets stable 60+ fps everywhere?

IMO the Rift would enhance DayZ immenesly as a simulator, but won't be usable if the FPS problem is not solved. Could it be possible to increase performance within the next 6 months so one could get stable high FPS as required or is the game engine so "flawed" in this regard that it likely won't ever be fixed?

Hall was talking about the process of removing DX9, when shot of DX9 and 64bit server support it would become more viable I reckon..

Before FaceBook purchased Oculus : Possibly.

After FaceBook purchased Oculus : Highly unlikely.

• Like 3

Why would that be a factor at all ?

people will be eating crow in a few months when the new version of rift is announced the new version that benefits from millions of dollars of R&D from facebook.

A lighter, better, rift with custom parts.

• Like 1

guis faecbuuk bowt teh ocalos raft so lest stap seportin et

• Like 1

Why doesn't Forza come out on PS4? Why is Halo xbox exclusive? Why do you need DirX to play Dayz? Branding, marketing, and business. Welcome to 2014.

• Like 2

they will optimize the game further later on. hard to say anything for sure at this point.

Why doesn't Forza come out on PS4? Why is Halo xbox exclusive? Why do you need DirX to play Dayz? Branding, marketing, and business. Welcome to 2014.

how is branding related to how well DayZ runs?

We are talking about OR, not DayZ performance. 

read the original post again.

people will be eating crow in a few months when the new version of rift is announced the new version that benefits from millions of dollars of R&D from facebook.

A lighter, better, rift with custom parts.

read the original post again.

I will do you a favor, and help you understand what we are talking about, since you are having a hard time reading. Also, I have re-read the original post as you ask, and my comments still stay the same. Do me a favor, Get the fuck out of my office and dont let the doorknob sodomize you on the way out

Edited by kichilron
Be nicer in the future.
  • Like 2

I will do you a favor, and help you understand what we are talking about, since you are having a hard time reading. Also, I have re-read the original post as you ask, and my comments still stay the same. Do me a favor, Get the fuck out of my office and dont let the doorknob sodomize you on the way out

wow. just wow.

i still don't see how Facebook purchasing Oculus, branding and marketing has anything to do with the performance wich OP is talking about, or even compatibility. or are you suggesting it won't be compatible with PC games?

wow. just wow.

i still don't see how Facebook purchasing Oculus, branding and marketing has anything to do with the performance wich OP is talking about, or even compatibility. or are you suggesting it won't be compatible with PC games?

Alright, lets try to say this one more time. 

Company A has a great product

Company B sees this product, and decides to buy the entire company / stock

If Company B sees great potential in the technology, branding / particular marketing will take place. 

Examples of this theory are :

No Adobe flash on IPhones -- Why? Money

Microsoft buying devp. teams to release games for Microsoft platforms only

Sony doing the same thing

So what I am suggesting is that, the fact FB just bought OR, is that the technology is very likely to be aimed towards a particular goal, and will be controlled much more. Here is a good link that might give you some insight on how branding / marketing really works : http://www.policymic.com/articles/71255/10-corporations-control-almost-everything-you-buy-this-chart-shows-how

Edited by Princess Dookie
  • Like 1

No clue what you are trying to say.

If Company B sees great potential in the technology, branding / particular marketing will take place. 

So what I am suggesting is that, the fact FB just bought OR, is that the technology is very likely to be aimed towards a particular goal, and will be controlled much more. Here is a good link that might give you some insight on how branding / marketing really works : http://www.policymic.com/articles/71255/10-corporations-control-almost-everything-you-buy-this-chart-shows-how

Dude, the question was just if it gonna work due perfomance noone talked about your branding/marketingstuff - it was a plain techincal question...

And what are you tryin to say? We only see zynga-games on OC now? pmsl.

Edited by Guest

i understand your examples and marketing in general, but are you SERIOUSLY trying to say that Facebook will make Oculus less compatible with PC games? i mean, really? it would be a complete suicide, resulting in global boycotts towards Oculus. it was invented for PC games in the first place. there are Valve coming in from left with their own VR, Microsoft coming in from right with their own VR. you think Facebook could afford restricting Oculus?

and once more, the original post was more about performance, not compatibility.

Edited by komadose

i understand your examples and marketing in general, but are you SERIOUSLY trying to say that Facebook will make Oculus less compatible with PC games? i mean, really? it would be a complete suicide, resulting in global boycotts towards Oculus. it was invented for PC games in the first place. there are Valve coming in from left with their own VR, Microsoft coming in from right with their own VR. you think Facebook could afford restricting Oculus?

and once more, the original post was more about performance, not compatibility.

I do. I think that FB will place its own spin on it.  & for the last time, for the love of god and faith in humanity, I don't care what the original post was about, I am replying to the quotes asking what will happen to OR since it was bought by Facebook. 

Edited by Princess Dookie

I recentally {well this weekend} had the pleasure of using the rift at rezzed. I think-its a great piece of equipment but dont think it will be great for all games tho. not related but Rocket was a awesome guy at the event :)

I do. I think that FB will place its own spin on it.  & for the last time, for the love of god and faith in humanity, I don't care what the original post was about, I am replying to the quotes asking what will happen to OR since it was bought by Facebook. 

Nothing will happen to rift now that Facebook bought it.

It will still remain a kick ass VR set.

Only difference now is that it has the might and money of Facebook behind it to R&D better hardware, for custom designing pieces instead of oursourcing them.

who was asking that? jesus...

oculus rift now swallow by evil machine google forget use for dayz :(

they focus now on console game and mobile phone app things :|

• Like 2

oculus rift now swallow by evil machine google forget use for dayz :(

they focus now on console game and mobile phone app things :|

Err Facebook, not Google. && Exactly, it's how business works.You focus where the biggest market is, and sad but true, that is the console / mobile market.

Didn't I tell you not to do that? Now you've gone over to including insults towards other members?

Come back in a couple of days after reading the rules.

Member warned and suspended for 5 days, insults removed.

Edited by kichilron

Putting aside for a moment that Facebook is literally Satan and will ruin Oculus entirely, I very much doubt we'll ever have a stable 75 to 90 fps in DayZ, at least not with currently available hardware.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit