Sign in to follow this  
Chawktah

So..... What the what?

This .42 is redonk.. The reworked melee system is probably worse than before... Zombies are more difficult because they have gone full-retard, so trying to swing a weapon in the most awkward manner while trying to hit a moving zombie, complete crap... What next? Oh yea, you want to work in a wind system and have weather effect ballistics? I can't imagine that working out well.. I know this is Alpha, but the chief and my ass...

... :|

Edited by lrish
  • Like 7

Yeah, the new melee is glitchy, you know, just like it says in the changelog? Oh, and I don't see why wind would be a bad thing.

Oh, and I don't see why wind would be a bad thing.

It's already difficult to gauge wind in real life; it's extremely difficult to relate that information to a player in a video game short of an arrow that says "Wind is going that way 5 MPH" plus the difference of wind between where you're standing and where your target is standing however many meters away. It's honestly just not worth including in a game.

• Like 1

It's honestly just not worth including in a game.

Unless you want to keep them from killing each other from really far away ;)

Unless you want to keep them from killing each other from really far away ;)

Yeah I'd rather have killing players easy than an awkward pain in the ass.

You do know Dean Hall is making this game right?

Id rather have a massive PVP fest in Dayz too.. but Im not going to get that until the mods hit. :(

... :|

Its not like you are behind hunted by supreme beings... 

Its not like you are being hunted by supreme beings... 

That is exactly my point. To the OP.

yep.  :)

Edited by lrish

This .42 is redonk.. The reworked melee system is probably worse than before... Zombies are more difficult because they have gone full-retard, so trying to swing a weapon in the most awkward manner while trying to hit a moving zombie, complete crap... What next? Oh yea, you want to work in a wind system and have weather effect ballistics? I can't imagine that working out well.. I know this is Alpha, but the chief and my ass...

Wind ballistics works well in ACE mod, countless other arma 2 and Arma 3 mods.

They could bang that out quick an indepth complex shooting mechanic would take time though.

zombies well i have no faith in those forever buggy.

It's already difficult to gauge wind in real life; it's extremely difficult to relate that information to a player in a video game short of an arrow that says "Wind is going that way 5 MPH" plus the difference of wind between where you're standing and where your target is standing however many meters away. It's honestly just not worth including in a game.

I guess you have never heard of the Ace mod have you. It is worth it, especially seeing how this is a simulation.

You don't want to use that r-word. We do like constructive criticism for the game, but ran posts don't really add anything to the discussion.

Also: Hid Meme-Spam comments. Make sure to actually contribute to the discussion. You aren't doing so by posting Memes.

Edited by kichilron

So... Call of Duty?

Sniping is the parking enforcement of play styles. You're not contributing anything to the society ( or in this case, game play) at all aside from annoying the shit out of people. It should be harder, if only to encourage actual gun fights. I don't know anyone who minds dying from a hail of bullets from enemies they can actually see.

So... Call of Duty?

Sniping is the parking enforcement of play styles. You're not contributing anything to the society ( or in this case, game play) at all aside from annoying the shit out of people. It should be harder, if only to encourage actual gun fights. I don't know anyone who minds dying from a hail of bullets from enemies they can actually see.

Sniping should be a chore.

The more sniping in dayz mirrors real life the better.

I want people to be forced to write notes when sniping maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Sniping should be a chore.

The more sniping in dayz mirrors real life the better.

I want people to be forced to write notes when sniping maxresdefault.jpg

This is a more rational, reasoned version of my personal feelings. Bravo sir. Beans for you.