synystr

KoS or Human Nature?

^^have you been hanging around the jersey shore? Inland players in these new towns tend to prolong player encounters

This is the earliest video I could find. April 27 2012. Two weeks after DayZ mod launched. If you read side chat, and listen to the guy's story, you will see that even this early on KoS was rampant. 

Ever think that it is Human nature in a situation like this? Trust, by definition, is dependence on another person. One person is WILLINGLY relying on another person's actions... Which is completely stupid and naive.

If I have stuff to lose, you can bet I'll shoot you if you are within range.

The Anti-KoS people can deny all they want, but I highly doubt that:

1. They are completely 100% innocent

2. When the shit hits the fan in a survival situation, (like war, an epidemic, or even a zombie outbreak), I highly doubt they are going to be running through towns yelling "Friendly?", running up on people asking to team up.

But in reality people WOULD search of others to try and rebuld what they used to have, thats human nature, feeling safe, not having a worry in their lives, some people in the real world would take to being marauders, taking people's food and such at gunpoint, probebly getting themselves killed in the process. And many would try to build a colony, a safe place to be, where you and your children and grow old and live in a dream of what was before.

• Like 2

killing player on sight maybe save your life

coward strategy is combat log or hide in bush tremble from fear using 3rd person to check if bad man is going away :o

is 2 kind of human in life winner and loser

Isn't KoS a metaphorical bush you hide behind?

Reasons why I will kill you:

You are American

You are French

You have an annoying voice

You have yet to reach puberty

You startle me

You are entering a good loot spawn area

You are leaving a good loot spawn area

You are role playing

You are not role playing

You have misplaced your trousers

You are the Caucasian avatar

You are the African avatar

You are the Asian avatar

I like your backpack

You are a stranger

I like your weapon

You have fancy shoes

I consider you a 'bandit'

I consider you a 'hero'

Your hat would look better on me

You are on my team

I am hungry

You stand too close to me

You ask stupid questions

I need a battery

It's your first time playing the game

it's your 900th hour of playing the game

I'm bored

I feel like being a bastard

Reasons I won't kill you:

I have no ammo

You just saved my arse

You have a cool voice

I haven't seen you

I'm a terrible shot

• Like 1

Isn't KoS a metaphorical bush you hide behind?

NO!!! >:(

KoS is expose yourself to possible death situation :D

is gamble with life ;)

is PURE ADRENALIN MOMENT FOR MAXIMUM RISK MAXIMUM REWARD

is about play the game live life to full enjoy experience of win over human   :thumbsup: :ph34r:

Why is has KoS been prevalent and why does it continue to be so?

My guess for the primary cause: The average DayZ player is 14 and their primary gaming experience is in triple A FPS titles.

• Like 3

Uhm...isn't the purpose of KOS to actually NOT expose yourself to a dangerous situation? Since you're elmininating the danger?

Reposting this post again....

Thanks...

The majority of this community is so cowardly and overly competitive that they almost always shoot armed players without even attempting to communicate.

"He's armed and he's on the coast; must be a bandit... BAM!"

It's much easier for you to put Labels on a certain playstyle than realize it's more complicated than that. I could be just as ignorant as you and say that all friendly players are just "carebears" who only want to shoot zombies and hide in the woods, but I wont because I realize that there is more to it than that and that the playstyle is a vital component of the game jusy as a KOS playstyle is...

Where is the fun in that? Play arma 3 wasteland. You won't have to deal with all of these bugs and I completed features. More guns. More vehicles. All of the things you beg for on these forums.

You know your arguements weak when it boils down to telling another player to leave the game because you dont like how they play.... It's like the stock answer used against KOS. Please be more original...

"I KOS because there aren't enough features in this game to do anything else yet."

This game was made for people willing to risk losing everything to engage in heart pounding interactions with potentially violent strangers. This is the only game where potential friend or foe can honestly only be distinguished by their ACTIONS; not by the color of the arrow floating over their head.

Im confused. If this game was made for those heart pounding interactions why would you want to get rid of the playstyle which is causing those in the first place?

"I tried being friendly. I got tired of getting killed so I don't even try anymore."

This excuse is the worst. So many of you think the only two options are

a.) kill or you will undoubtedly be killed. Or,

B.) place your life into the hands of a complete stranger and hope that they are like-minded.

Completely agree. Anyone who changes Playstyle only due to difficulty or hardship really lack any imagination or foresight.

The truly skilled survivors asses the stranger, place themselves in a superior position should a firefight erupt, and then you attempt to communicate. If you can learn to do this, not only will you increase your chances of survival (should you choose to interact with others), but when you ARE forced to kill someone in self-defense, it will be so much more rewarding KNOWING (not speculating) that they would have gladly done the same to you.

Alas, this kind of tactical thinking (it's a fucking survival game for god's sake) is too much to ask for the majority of dayz's current community.

There are two issues with this...

1. Assuming that the reason most people kill on sight is because they think the other person will

2. Assuming that only "skilled" players would play your way....

NO!!! > :(

is gamble with life ;)

is PURE ADRENALIN MOMENT FOR MAXIMUM RISK MAXIMUM REWARD

is about play the game live life to full enjoy experience of win over human   :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

I thought you went over why KoS is about eliminating the threat :( you have two opposite views here that go against eachother  :(

Im confused.

I like how when the OP is in favour of KOS nobody gives a fuck but if OP made a thread that was anti-KOS a lot of people would be like "QQ" and it would probably be locked & sent to graveyard by now  :)

Thats becuase the OP is NOT making a whine thread for the sole purpose of ranting against a certain playstyle....

The reason those anti-KOS threads get graveyarded so quick is because they are rallying against a certain playstyle in a SANDBOX game.

How many ANTI-FRIENDLY threads have you seen in the forum?

First of all BULLSHIT i have played hundreds of hours of mod and SA and still to this day have only killed 3 people i dont agree with kill and let kill concepts people need to realise that this game is fucking designed around co-operation there are things you cannot possibly do without a team mate amd every one seems to think that it owuld be the best idea to shoot someone in the god damn head as a fucking hello you know what why not follow ad see them first see if they can be trusted by watching their interactions with other players.

Please quote me the post where rocket said this game was designed for the friendly playstyle only?

What things in the game can you not do without a teammate right now?

Secondly you must have had a fucking horrible child hood if ruining a literal 29 hr job to gear up in les than .29 of a god damn second is what gets you hard some people have a fucking life and cant afford to sit on a game for 70000 hrs to be as good s most of the fucking bandits or simply put YOU ARE ACTUALLY A CHILD and therefore should not be playing this fucking game.

I summary DayZ GO FUCK YOURSELF

Yes because how you play in a game is really the type of person you are in real life huh?

So does that mean just because I choose the terrorist side in Counterstrike I want to join the talaban and fly a plane into a building?

Thats becuase the OP is NOT making a whine thread for the sole purpose of ranting against a certain playstyle....

The reason those anti-KOS threads get graveyarded so quick is because they are rallying against a certain playstyle in a SANDBOX game.

How many ANTI-FRIENDLY threads have you seen in the forum?

That's bs, if players want to express criticism on a certain playstyle I think they are in their full right to do so, especially in a game that's in such an early build. But it's really the community who's being a bitch about this & not necessarily the admins, whenever there's a post about anti-KOS, or even certain game-mechanics the OP's get bombarded with posts like "QQ" & "ITS ALPHAAA!1!1!11!"

Of course there are threads which are completely pointless & whining and I'm not talking about those but about the constructive serious ones.

And no I've not seen a single post about "anti-friendly" but you can go make one if you'd like.

That's bs, if players want to express criticism on a certain playstyle I think they are in their full right to do so, especially in a game that's in such an early build.

Not if they are arguing that the playstyle should not be in the game or should be scaled down.

This is a sandbox game meaning there is NO wrong way to play it...

Ergo, arguing against a certain playstyle is irrelevant.

Also what does an early build have to do with a playstyle? If people are going to make arguements about the Alpha shouldn't it be about game mechanics and not how a certain person chooses to play?

. But it's really the community who's being a bitch about this & not necessarily the admins, whenever there's a post about anti-KOS, or even certain game-mechanics the OP's get bombarded with posts like "QQ" & "ITS ALPHAAA!1!1!11!"

Of course there are threads which are completely pointless & whining and I'm not talking about those but about the constructive serious ones.

I haven't seen ONE constructive ANTI-KOS post yet...

The nature of it being a ANTI-KOS post makes it unconstructive in the first place...

And no I've not seen a single post about "anti-friendly" but you can go make one if you'd like.

The reason is becuase most of us bandits realize the simple fatc there is NO wrong way to play the game so it wouldnt make sense to rally against a certain playstyle in this game...

Why would I make an anit-friendly thread when I value that playstyle and think it is just as vital to the game as my playstyle....

How about we just agree to disagree on this topic. I mean plenty of people in the community and in this thread alone have polorizing views on the topic of KOS. I am of the minority who dislikes the idea of KOSing but I'm also of the mind that it is a nessesary evil of this type of game. There is no wrong way to play Dayz but anytime someone makes the mention for or against it, the whole thread turns into why my play style is right and yours is wrong. I feel that this is a good reason for people who want private hives to actually get them. I know I will be ripped for saying that but then all of the pvpers will claim that you're ruining the vision of dayz. Show me one thread where dean or Bohemia said that PvP is the only way Dayz was intended to be played? Your idea of fun is different from mine, is my idea better that yours? No its just different and besides you pvpers have had how many months/years of fun shooting everything that moves in mod or standalone. Are you that afraid to try something new or different? I'm not, I've been playing your way for a long time now....I feel it sucks

Umadbro?

It's an entirely irrelevant point of argument to debate the KoS issue from a moralistic or human nature angle in the context of a digital, virtual interactive representation of a hypothetical zombie apocalypse scenario. A Video Game. No matter how realistic, authentic or immersive that game feels, you play an Avatar that has hunger, but you yourself the player do not feel hunger. Your avatar can feel pain, you yourself the player do not feel pain. Your avatar kills, you yourself the player does not kill and as a result do not feel the potent cocktail of intense emotions that such an act would undoubtedly give you. Whether it is right or wrong, whether you enjoy it or not.

So it's a pointless debate, arguing the KoS issue from these stances is the wrong way of looking at it.

"If the apocalypse was real, everyone would shoot every god damned mutha fukka because XYZ, blah blah beans"

"You have to protect yourself and your chances of survival and the best form of defence is offence"

"Killing people increases my chance of survival"

But I will humour the argument anyway.

Why do you think we want to survive? Is it a choice? Or is it something inherent that we share with all of the animal kingdom from germs & amoebas to plants and complex lifeforms. I would suggest that the instinctive motivation for survival is not a choice. I would also go one more and say that all life forms have an instinctive motivation to assist in the survival of the entire species and not just themselves individually (This is not a ground breaking new theory of mine) actually this is a theory that has been tested, observed and validated. It is widely accepted that all life forms have two main motivations, survival of the individual and reproduction (passing on ones genes to future generations) it makes no difference that we as humans can cheat this by using contraception. The overwhelming majority of individuals desire sex when they come of age. This is evolution (or God if you like) telling you to go fuck someone so that the species does not die out.

Now there are of course exceptions to most rules and they are of course just that, exceptions, not the rules, not typical and not average. Some individuals are asexual, that is, they have no desire to reproduce, I don't know of any myself, but I do not doubt that they exist. Other individuals desire to kill other people and feel an intense hatred for other people or an empty indifference, I do not know any personally, but I do not doubt their existence.They are exceptions to the rule.

The rule being;

Every living individual has an intrinsic desire to survive (as an individual) & reproduce (survival of the species)

Extreme conditions will undoubtedly give rise to extreme behaviours. Competition for scarce resources or breeding opportunities will be ripe conditions for violent conflict between individuals of the same species. However, we observe in nature that these conflicts rarely result in the intended death of another individual. (for the benefit of those finding this hard to follow, I of course refer to same species)

You often get people who cry "BULLSHIT! Animals Kill each other all the time!" yes they do, they hunt other species, I am talking about competition between two individuals of the same species, these conflicts rarely result in the intended death of the other.

For those talking about Human Nature of which we are all experts and none of us know a damn thing about it. It's a loaded term that actually means nothing and should be relabelled "The Nature of organisms" because there is no definite "Human Nature" for a start X% of people claim they only DO good because of fear of GOD another Y% of people believe that we evolved altruism. Who is right and who is wrong? Who WANTs to be right? What does it even matter?

My own personal belief is that competition for resources and breeding opportunities is a very real and tangible thing that we as higher thinking lifeforms are not excluded from, all we do is complicate the basic principles and make it abstract, but it really isn't. I believe that MOST people have to feel like their own survival or that of their group is under direct threat to be able to kill easily and feel that we did so justifiably. It's not a natural desire to kill other people. My assertion, theory, prediction (not my own known fact) is that in an extreme hypothetical situation of an apocalypse, people would not kill as easily and readily as they do in this game.

Of course not, it's a game, I have "Killed" literally THOUSANDS more "people" in games than I have in real life, and none of those killings made me feel anything long term.

It's a game and "Human Nature" has nothing to do with it, even if you could assign a proper meaning to human nature, everyone has their own opinion on what that is.

It's a game, tackle the KoS issue from that starting point, don't make it abstract or over complicate it.

Also the invention of firearms changed everything, it's way too easy to make "Bad people" go away.

You're not a bandit ou're a murderer banditry is a solid aspect of the game that i strongly believe in KoS is a cowardly way of communicating and i believe that you are wrong about the age restriction because when you went to download it initially it would have asked you for your date of birth and hence it said this is "age restricted content" also if you mnage to read the entire post i didn't say you were a child i said only 2 types of people KoS and they are people who had a very sad neglected childhood that turned them into sociopaths and knobs or children clearly you are the first making you a sociopathath and a sadist

Actually I'm a bandit and I was joking. And yes I am a sociopathath!

Edited by Weedz

But in reality people WOULD search of others to try and rebuld what they used to have, thats human nature, feeling safe, not having a worry in their lives, some people in the real world would take to being marauders, taking people's food and such at gunpoint, probebly getting themselves killed in the process. And many would try to build a colony, a safe place to be, where you and your children and grow old and live in a dream of what was before.

In real life you don't respawn. When the bandits kill you you're dead forever. They will be the only ones still alive.

Edited by Weedz

Why is has KoS been prevalent and why does it continue to be so?

My guess for the primary cause: The average DayZ player is 14 and their primary gaming experience is in triple A FPS titles.

Well that's weird considering the only people playing it in the first month it was out were all from Arma which is a hardcore mil sim and almost every single one of us was an adult because again it was a mil sim not CoD. There was still KoS as much if not more than there is now because people with fully functioning brains realize this is a multiplayer PvE PvP videogame and crying about getting killed is for babies.

In real life you don't respawn. When the bandits kill you you're dead forever. They will be the only ones still alive.

bandits woudlnt survive in the real world, eventually good people who would form a government and a structure would either A: kill them or B: kick them out of society because they cannot be trusted.

so basiclly youd be a loner, or find people with simular life styles.

and you made 2 diffrent points 

1: you dont respawn in real life.

2:when bandits kill you you're dead forever.

true, but crimes, in any society, are punishable. i can see people wanting to build a base, or a group, thats what every group does, but when you disobey so many times, or do stupid things you get kicked out.

• Like 2

It's much easier for you to put Labels on a certain playstyle than realize it's more complicated than that. I could be just as ignorant as you and say that all friendly players are just "carebears" who only want to shoot zombies and hide in the woods, but I wont because I realize that there is more to it than that and that the playstyle is a vital component of the game jusy as a KOS playstyle is...

^^please explain the complexities of your thought process when killing on SIGHT. This implies a brevity preceding the kill. But if there is a complex analysis going into your decision making, please explain. Don't just say I'm wrong and not explain how.

You know your arguements weak when it boils down to telling another player to leave the game because you dont like how they play.... It's like the stock answer used against KOS. Please be more original...

^^While in my intoxicated state I said GO play arma 3. And you are right in that it was rude of me to do so. What I meant to convey was my opinion that arma3 caters to KOS playstyle with less consequences to the community around it.

But if you have a legitimate reason for preferring to murder on dayz over arma3, I would love to hear it.

Im confused. If this game was made for those heart pounding interactions why would you want to get rid of the playstyle which is causing those in the first place?

^^If you kill me before I even know you are there, there is no interaction. And how are these "carebears" vital to KOS-rich gameplay? Easier victims? And I was not suggesting that KOS somehow be eliminated from dayz. I am just highlighting the fact that communicating with your victim BEFORE (not instead) killing them makes the kill that much more rewarding (making it both more personal and more challenging)

There are two issues with this...

1. Assuming that the reason most people kill on sight is because they think the other person will

2. Assuming that only "skilled" players would play your way..

^^Only skilled players can consistently "win" encounters with my playstyle*.

I don't. That is why I keep practicing and continue to improve.

And knowing that your victim was like-minded does not necessitate their demise; it just makes it feel more equitable (assuming you care. Which many don't)

I appreciate and enjoy your counter arguments. I implore you to do so again.

Apologies to all for fail quoting skills from my cell**

"^^" indicate my replies to his original rebuttals.

Edited by Dagwood

bandits woudlnt survive in the real world, eventually good people who would form a government and a structure would either A: kill them or B: kick them out of society because they cannot be trusted.

so basiclly youd be a loner, or find people with simular life styles.

and you made 2 diffrent points 

1: you dont respawn in real life.

2:when bandits kill you you're dead forever.

true, but crimes, in any society, are punishable. i can see people wanting to build a base, or a group, thats what every group does, but when you disobey so many times, or do stupid things you get kicked out.

Damn straight. I am not personally against the action of KOS, as it adds something to the game, a needed fear that the zombies so sadly lack. What I am against, however, is the overall prevalence of the KOS lifestyle, from people server-hopping to get top-tier weapons and parts, backstabbing and betraying others for basically no reason except to laugh about it, to people camping wells over spawn points to shoot spawns as they come to drink. But, what I dislike most of all, is the pants-on-head STUPIDITY of certain KOS-supporters, who scream "REALISM" whenever you point out how much of an asshole their play style makes them. How, "Its an apocalypse, so that's what would happen! GET GUD CAREBEAR!".

Actually, in almost the entirety of recorded human history, we have never suffered a total collapse of society and civilization as a whole, so no, we don't know that KOS-fest 24/7 would be exactly what would occur. All we can do is make an educated guess, based upon current events and a study of human group psychology and community dynamics.

From that, we can estimate that, apart from initial looting sprees, the death of the modern world would actually be relatively calm, at least in the US/North America. What motivates people the most is long-term stability and safety,  so the formation of new communities and forms of organized labor and self-defense would happen relatively quickly. Bandits and other fringe groups would most likely be forced out and hunted down by community militias and SD groups. So would "Robinson Crusoes" and other loners, unless they were recognized by a community as a local. It has been estimated , based on community studies in the Northern US, that "preppers" and "survivalists" would be the first to die off as logistics fail, from injury, starvation or exposure, unlike people who banded together for help.

So, to be honest, we don't know what the apocalypse would be like from a human standpoint. But neither do you.

It is a game, and an unfinished one at that, and people will do what the enjoy, I suppose. Doesn't mean I have to respect your choices or why you make them, though.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

Oh boy...Next time please dont put your replies inside what you quoted from me. Its really hard to read.....

^^please explain the complexities of your thought process when killing on SIGHT. This implies a brevity preceding the kill. But if there is a complex analysis going into your decision making, please explain. Don't just say I'm wrong and not explain how.

Some people KOS for the thrill of getting into a possible gun fight.

Some people KOS to inrease thier survival.

Some people KOS for the entertainment value...

Many reasons and NONE of them have to do with being a coward as you so ignorantly thought...

^^While in my intoxicated state I said GO play arma 3. And you are right in that it was rude of me to do so. What I meant to convey was my opinion that arma3 caters to KOS playstyle with less consequences to the community around it.
But if you have a legitimate reason for preferring to murder on dayz over arma3, I would love to hear it.

And DAYZ caters to this same playstyle along with others too...

A legitimate reason? Why excatly do people have to justify them choosing a playstyle in DAYZ?  What would make a playstyle not legitimate in this game?

^^If you kill me before I even know you are there, there is no interaction. And how are these "carebears" vital to KOS-rich gameplay? Easier victims? And I was not suggesting that KOS somehow be eliminated from dayz. I am just highlighting the fact that communicating with your victim BEFORE (not instead) killing them makes the kill that much more rewarding (making it both more personal and more challenging)

There is interaction. My bullets inetracted with your skull and on the off chance I miss we engage in a firefight which is even better.

Make sure you read my post a little closer this time. I said a friendly playstyle is vital to the GAME. Next

I'm sorry, but nope to me its way more rewarding to KOS instead of screaming friendly. Whats rewarding for you isn't rewarding for me...

^^Only skilled players can consistently "win" encounters with my playstyle*.
I don't. That is why I keep practicing and continue to improve.

And knowing that your victim was like-minded does not necessitate their demise; it just makes it feel more equitable (assuming you care. Which many don't)

I appreciate and enjoy your counter arguments. I implore you to do so again.

Apologies to all for fail quoting skills from my cell**
"^^" indicate my replies to his original rebuttals.

Only skilled players can consistently win in any encounter no matter what the playstyle. I'm wondering what your point is?

Like you said, I dont really have to care if the player is a friendly or not to enjoy KOS them. That is something you got to worry about...

I hope you can start to think outside of the box and NOT ignorantly label a playstyle based on assumptions...

Not if they are arguing that the playstyle should not be in the game or should be scaled down.

This is a sandbox game meaning there is NO wrong way to play it...

Ergo, arguing against a certain playstyle is irrelevant.

Also what does an early build have to do with a playstyle? If people are going to make arguements about the Alpha shouldn't it be about game mechanics and not how a certain person chooses to play?

I haven't seen ONE constructive ANTI-KOS post yet...

The nature of it being a ANTI-KOS post makes it unconstructive in the first place...

The reason is becuase most of us bandits realize the simple fatc there is NO wrong way to play the game so it wouldnt make sense to rally against a certain playstyle in this game...

Why would I make an anit-friendly thread when I value that playstyle and think it is just as vital to the game as my playstyle....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyeah I guess you're right this is a sandbox game...And I just made a statement in another thread that people are free to play how they want cuz it's sandbox...Sooooooooo yes you're right there (embarrassed)  :blush: 

BUT that doesn't mean people can't criticise it!  :) Even if it is pointless, like most threads on this forum are...

Please quote me the post where rocket said this game was designed for the friendly playstyle only?

What things in the game can you not do without a teammate right now?

Yes because how you play in a game is really the type of person you are in real life huh?

So does that mean just because I choose the terrorist side in Counterstrike I want to join the talaban and fly a plane into a building?

I never stated that thats the type of person you are in RL what i said was you are a masochist and a sociopath if the destruction of others just for personal enertainment is a key factor in your life

I never said that rocket designed the game for the friendly play style only all i stated was that it was designed around co-operation whether that be between a group of murderous cretins or bambi survivors it still has core mechanics based on team work.

And back on the other note you show me a single Stan Alone server with the ability to self bloodbag not the entire game is based around co-op just there are some CORE aspects of the game that are un achievable without a Teammate. 

ie: Blood bagging, Checking pulse, resuscitation and or de fib reviving, almost any part of the medical side of this game requires some sort of minimum co-operation and i know personally that surviving is not going to keep you alive by yourself i fell from a building in the first day of plying standalone and proceeded to crawl down the road for an honest 2-2 and a half hours until i was discovered by 3 complete random players all at different times who all helped best they could by collecting me sticks and rags to craft a splint all those thing i could not have done alone in my weakened condition because they found both items upstairs which is a serious challege for someone with broken legs those people where then all communicating and helping each other after my encounter

Also i don't believe in abolishing KoS altogether it is  a vital part of the game i only suggest that people find a better way to kill them i understand that this is peoples playstyle and mine is to stay hidden and not make interaction in the first place until i am sure they are safe as the example i gave before hunt them for a while watch their movements and judge accordingly what their punishment/reward should be.

But my issue is that everyone i meet with gear seems to have it in their head that the other party wants to start the fire fight and so they try to be the instigator themselves which creates a vicious cycle of everyone shoot now and ask questions later at least in MOD you had the option of not requiring a team mate at any point if you chose the right server. I hav even had fresh spawns try to kill me when i offered them food and wate r what is the point of trying to pick a fight with someone who is fully geared has spare shit offers it to you in return for nothing. FREE. and they try to beat you to death while you wear a combat helmet and full military gear

• Like 1

I never stated that thats the type of person you are in RL what i said was you are a masochist and a sociopath if the destruction of others just for personal enertainment is a key factor in your life

What?

Changing the wording of your argument doesn't make it any less false...

Again you are saying becuase someone enjoys killing someone in game that they are a "sociopath" and "masochist".. How does what someone does in the game mean they are these things in Real life? Again just cuz I choose the terrorist side in Counterstrike doesnt mean I'm a terrorist in real life...

Also how does killing someone in dayz make them a masochist? You do know what a masochist is right? Someone who enjoys pain and having pain inflicted upon THEM so how does enjoying killing someone in game make them a masochist?

I never said that rocket designed the game for the friendly play style only all i stated was that it was designed around co-operation whether that be between a group of murderous cretins or bambi survivors it still has core mechanics based on team work.

Really. When did rocket say this game is being built around team play? Can I get a quote please....

Also what things in the game currently can only a team accomplish that a lone wolf survivor couldn't?

What core mechanics are created SOLELY for team play?

And back on the other note you show me a single Stan Alone server with the ability to self bloodbag not the entire game is based around co-op just there are some CORE aspects of the game that are un achievable without a Teammate. 

ie: Blood bagging, Checking pulse, resuscitation and or de fib reviving, almost any part of the medical side of this game requires some sort of minimum co-operation and i know personally that surviving is not going to keep you alive by yourself i fell from a building in the first day of plying standalone and proceeded to crawl down the road for an honest 2-2 and a half hours until i was discovered by 3 complete random players all at different times who all helped best they could by collecting me sticks and rags to craft a splint all those thing i could not have done alone in my weakened condition because they found both items upstairs which is a serious challege for someone with broken legs those people where then all communicating and helping each other after my encounter

I like how you backpedal on an arguement you made a couple of lines earlier. It must be fun changing the goal posts constantly. First you say the game is DESIGNED around team play, then you back pedal and say oh only SOME aspects are.....

As to your assertion that a lonewolf can't survive due to a medical system based around team play...

Theres this thing in the game called regenning health making blood bags and saline bags not neccessary to a lone wolfe player. If Rocket had designed the med system solely for team play then he would have made it so you could only regen through blood bags or saline bags.  He gave us other methods such as morphine, splints and staying healthy. All things that you can do ALONE without cooperation.

Also i don't believe in abolishing KoS altogether it is  a vital part of the game i only suggest that people find a better way to kill them i understand that this is peoples playstyle and mine is to stay hidden and not make interaction in the first place until i am sure they are safe as the example i gave before hunt them for a while watch their movements and judge accordingly what their punishment/reward should be.

What exactly is the "BETTER" way to kill someone?

Who gets to judge whats a acceptable way to kill someone? You?

What your not getting is there is NO such thing as a "better" way to do anything in this game. All there is is people making choices and SURVIVING. Period.

But my issue is that everyone i meet with gear seems to have it in their head that the other party wants to start the fire fight and so they try to be the instigator themselves which creates a vicious cycle of everyone shoot now and ask questions later at least in MOD you had the option of not requiring a team mate at any point if you chose the right server. I hav even had fresh spawns try to kill me when i offered them food and wate r what is the point of trying to pick a fight with someone who is fully geared has spare shit offers it to you in return for nothing. FREE. and they try to beat you to death while you wear a combat helmet and full military gear

The POINT is they are choosing to play the way they want to while you choose to play the way you want to and Judge everyone who doesn't.

And you really dont understand why fresh spawns will attack fully geared players? Maybe since you've been attacked by bambi's you realize why it's not a BAD thing to kill fresh spawns in the first place....

Also your assumption that people KOS becuase they think the other person is hostile is NOT true across the board....

Some people do it for SURVIVAL...

Some people do it for fun...

Some people do it for the intense firefights that sometimes result....

You can't put everyone who KOS into one little category. Lots of people do it for lots of reasons, not just one.