Sign in to follow this  
Pokerguy12

The feasibility of a dynamically altered Chernarus map[DISCUSSION]

threads like this make me go

"awww, they think it will be exciting/dynamic/playable one day..."

lol

• Like 1

Honestly, we just need more maps. That's what you want, it's new content. The technology required for dynamic constant changes like that doesn't exist, not with this engine and on such a large scale.

Honestly, we just need more maps. That's what you want, it's new content. The technology required for dynamic constant changes like that doesn't exist, not with this engine and on such a large scale.

the second a modded map is released

it will be deleted/banned

the devs will say

wtf

one person made this in a few months?

and everyone likes it more/ it is bigger/better/more dynamic than chern+?

KILL IT WITH FIRE

NO MORE MODDING

Agree with every thing but AI.  Totally ruins the player generated experience.

If you played the mod and played on any AI servers you know what I mean. Seems scripted and fake.

Random generated events make a huge difference as long as there is no known roadmap published immediately by some anal nerd... oh wait... the internet... right.

Thats fine, but I was not basing my AI idea on the same AI we had in the mods.. that of course would be only good for things like traders as in epoch, etc.

the second a modded map is released

it will be deleted/banned

the devs will say

wtf

one person made this in a few months?

and everyone likes it more/ it is bigger/better/more dynamic than chern+?

KILL IT WITH FIRE

NO MORE MODDING

I know I shouldn't argue with you ever. But no, I'm talking officially released maps that have relation to Chernarus, like take Chernarus' "location" on a real map (somewhere near the Czech Republic) and find a body of land across the water from it. Presto-chango! New official map.

I know I shouldn't argue with you ever. But no, I'm talking officially released maps that have relation to Chernarus, like take Chernarus' "location" on a real map (somewhere near the Czech Republic) and find a body of land across the water from it. Presto-chango! New official map.

we kinda had that in the mod with:

taviana

utes

namalsk

takistan

fallujah

variants like 2017

ect

Edited by pacific_coast

i heard Dean on Rezzed talking about that he wants to give players "tools" to write the story, by leaving persistent signs in the environment.

He was talking about how he thought a dead survivor could slowly decompose until you'd eventually stumble over his skeleton.

also by introducing Bullet SDK doors could be opened to dynamic behavior of otherwise static objects. destructions, waving of flags etc. exciting times

Bump, in light of the new dev update on

.........I feel like i am missing something here.........

I always like to question myself how can a players life be made a more immersive/interesting journey across and throughout Chernarus+. The experience has to be more than just going from place to place for loot, weapons or water/meat. Without any aim or objectives the life of a character becomes pointless, without purpose, you exist only to interact, kill and acquire loot. One will argue that is all we need because the current set of features alone, gives us as players all the 'tools' we need to make our own fun. I say this is insufficient and makes for little more than barren empty shoebox mod. If we could look at this from another angle and introduce a new perspective into spending the hours playing Dayz, we would doubtlessly make it into more of an experience than a sandbox simulation.

We should then work around the concept of introducing more dynamically/scripted changing elements of the sandbox. At this point we all have ideas flaring up in our minds, multitudes of avenues and aspects to approach. I have chosen to look at the physical geography of the map and areas where changing it will bring both immersion and deepen the experience on a scale larger than finding all the weapons and baked beans ever will. 

THE DYNAMIC INTERVENTION OF THE ENVIRONMENT BY PLAYERS. Basically this is where the map Chernarus+ changes dynamically over time according to player interaction/alteration with physical manipulation which in turn produces physical effects. Implementing this will also mean a system where the map has its own ecosystem and changes on its own by some virtual conception of timeflow.

Base building/constructions(confirmed).  Burning down a forest. Falling trees. Digging underground tunnels. Rivers that dry and fill up. Clan camp sites. Flooding from bursting dams. Tides that submerge and expose strips of land. Zombie panic events. Thunderstorms with hazardous gales. Radiation zones that require a Gasmask/hazmat. Meteor crashes. These ideas are absurd for technical reasons alone, but what i want to express into your thoughts is the concept of a changing world that makes the place around you feel real.

Rocky Dean Hall has recently confirmed hostile/neutral animals, the inclusion of animals and random helicopter crashes are already two steps in the right direction.

What ideas can we include next and do we need to make any changes/corrections to the underlying philosophy of this post.

Vegeta. What does the Dean Hall say about his power level.

"After 9000 years in development we hope you enjoy the Dayz alpha"

While that is a great idea, I honestly think that we should not try to change the map WAY too much. While it is a fairly decently big map, we can't go adding in too much to it. Because to me I think if we add too much, we will destroy the survival aspect of it. (Of course that depends on the wanted changes) :D