amiasfree

Bandits, I am dissapoint

(Story Time)

Attracted back to the coast on a 'fully geared' char, hoping to do some heroplay, I login on a 30/30 server on the eastern edge of Kamy. I make my way along the road towards Elektro, figuring I'd suicide on some bandits/KoS kiddies. Unsurprisingly, I met up with a bambi on the way, dropped my backpack for him with all kinds of goodies and we traveled a ways together. 

As we come up to Elektro, I tell my new buddy to loot the metal building just on the eastern outskirts of the city. Not two seconds after I say this, I hear gunshots. Scared for this guy, I pull out my magnum and fire shots into the woods where I think bandits are hiding, while telling him to run. Eventually he takes off, so I focus firing randomly into the treeline as a distraction against the hidden gunmen.

A few moments go by, there is no return fire, so I follow where the Backpack Kid ran off which just so happened to be the heart of Elektro. I was 'shocked' to see another bambi right on his tail, but I didn't want to risk hitting the guy I met by taking shots at the froggy little bastard so I left them both to their fates. Coming into Elektro on a full server felt intense, I swear I heard every rifle in the game go off quite a few times. Knowing there was a mosin guy up on the sniper hill, I start to charge it until I got shot at. Steeling my resolve, I defiantly emptied three clips for my SKS onto the hill. No more sniper fire, I know I didn't get lucky, more like the guy was either out of ammo or a coward. Suddenly, some guy lights me up with an m4 from the firestation (I'm on the lower hill to the east of it just below the sniper hill), so I turn and empty my magnum at him while retreating to some bushes. I know I didn't even hit him, but the coward ran off and combat logged or something. After that, I heard no more gun fire at all.

I spent the next fifteen minutes wandering around listening for gunshots, there were none. Saw a mosin guy with a no weapon guy running up the road to the dam, I was totally hidden from their sight on the eastern hill, so I decided to 'regulate' as they say and took some pot shots with my sks in their direction just to keep them headed inland. I then crawled into a tree and logged off.

TL;DR Came back to coast to suicide on bandits/kos kiddies, ended up shutting down the 'PVP' in Elektro on a 30/30 server for a little bit and survived. Elektro 'bandits' are cowards the moment they have to face someone with a gun.

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 1

If you think KoS kiddies are bandits you've never met a bandit in this game.

Also if you're running around shooting at any random direction that makes gun sounds or any person with a gun you see you're no better than the KoS kiddies. Especially considering you went to Elektro for the sole purpose of trying to KoS people ...

If you shot at 2 people then hid and logged out you combat logged ....

Just because you're bad and couldn't hit them doesn't make you a hero.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 4

Calm down gais lol.

He wasn't trying to kill anyone, he was purposely missing to scare them away.

I have done this many times to avoid conflict; kos'rs are cowards.

• Like 1

If you think KoS kiddies are bandits you've never met a bandit in this game.

Also if you're running around shooting at any random direction that makes gun sounds or any person with a gun you see you're no better than the KoS kiddies. Especially considering you went to Elektro for the sole purpose of trying to KoS people ...

If you shot at 2 people then hid and logged out you combat logged ....

Just because you're bad and couldn't hit them doesn't make you a hero.

Aww Weedz, you're awful upset I shut down the newspawn killing. :C

I only shot at those that shot at me, other than those last two, and I suspect the mosin guy was the same one that took shots at me from sniper hill. Also I wouldn't call taking pot shots to solidify my control over the NW part of Elektro, running around for five minutes, then logging off 'combat logging'. Do you really wait around for hours for people that are long gone? 

Also I never claimed to be good, I was scared and part of my decision to come back to the coast had to do with teaching myself how to stay calm and not be afraid of dying. I don't know why you'd say something so trollish 'just because you're bad' etc, I say I play as a hero because I ran in there to take the shots so the newspawns (mostly the guy I traveled with a bit earlier) wouldn't get KoS'd by the folks shooting like crazy. Not because... 'I'm so bad' as you say. Which I am, I wasn't able to pinpoint two of three people that were shooting at me, but... that wasn't the point.

And on bandit/KoS terminology... KoSers ARE bandits now. That's what they call themselves half the time anyway. I'd love to actually get robbed though, wouldn't even care if I got executed after. 

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 1

You really should learn to aim and/or preserve ammo

Well, at first I was just shooting to draw fire to myself (sniper hill guy), the only guy I could actually see that was shooting at me was so close that I had to run and gun. 

And on bandit/KoS terminology... KoSers ARE bandits now. That's what they call themselves half the time anyway. I'd love to actually get robbed though, wouldn't even care if I got executed after. 

They always have been mislabeled as bandits, but that doesn't make them so

Well... when half of them are calling themselves that and we don't have something like the mod had as in skins and such, anyone that isn't friendly or neutral is a bandit to me. I've never been held up in the 120-ish hours I've put in, seems like 'legit' banditry died off, or has become so rare that it isn't even relevant.

Also sorry for not posting in Gallery at the start, figured it was for images and vids rather than stories orz.

People call Aquaman a super hero. Doesn't make it true.

Come across me and mine inside elektro, you better hope you're more accurate than you were in this story ;)

And I hope you and yours aren't as cowardly as the regular spawnkillers there, so I can actually test my accuracy instead of just cover/aggro fire. :P