jackdstripper

this is getting a bit more frustrating then fun.

so i've been playing this game since 1.6 patch and i must say, with the latest spawning without gun/beens/flares/water bottle, with zombies inside buildings now camping the spawns, with zombies opening doors and climbing ladders, almost no guns anywere, no food anywere, and an overall increase in zombies presence this game is becoming more of a chore then fun.

yesterday i got a friend of mine to finaly try it after telling him for a week how good it was. we ended up spending 2 hours crawling through a town only to find a pile of wood and some car parts (and me braking a leg while exiting the front door of a house...?!....),needless to say my friend was not impressed.

i can understand why you now start without anything but finding useful stuff should not be this hard especially when 80% of buildings are not even open. hopefully this will be changed in future patches. until then i'll probably play something else.

The game is going to change a lot, some updates you are going to hate and some you are going to love. Have fun doing whatever else you are going to do, this subject has been touched upon a few times a day everyday.

Then don't play, simple

This is like saying 'every time i hit my hand with a hammer it hurts, how do i stop this?'

What were you expecting? "It's a fucking zombie apocalypse"

But, seriously though - you need to learn the game, find good loot spots, work out tactics to get in/out from afar.

Pro tip: Get off the coast when you spawn and roam the countryside. Find barns - a great source of hatchets (melee weapons) and possibly shotguns.

Then don't play' date=' simple

This is like saying 'every time i hit my hand with a hammer it hurts, how do i stop this?'

[/quote']

Cappy is correct. I've pretty much stopped playing. Ultimately, no matter what Rocket or anyone else says, it is the players who will make or break Day Z. If you continue to play a shitty mod while complaining about how shitty it is, you have only yourself to blame.

yesterday i got a friend of mine to finaly try it after telling him for a week how good it was. we ended up spending 2 hours crawling through a town only to find a pile of wood and some car parts (and me braking a leg while exiting the front door of a house...?!....)' date='needless to say my friend was not impressed.

[/quote']

I had a friend pick up the game for the first time yesterday as well, and the first thing he did was crawl to Komorovo, go into a house and break his leg.

HOWEVER!

I was able to get to him and give him some morphine that I had.

The easiest way (until this method is patched out) to navigate when you have no gun is to simply run like hell. It is very easy to lose zombies by shake 'n baking around corners, run in one end of a building and out the other. If you crawl everywhere you're never going to get anything done. Just KEEP MOVING!!

Try it, respawn and run all willy nilly through Cherno. Practice with it until you can lose the zombies, it's not that hard.

Starting from the coast is pretty easy.

Spawn > Leave Coast >> Find Barn > ??? > Profit

Once you learn how to lose zeds in buildings it should be pretty easy to survive until you get a weapon.

yesterday i got a friend of mine to finaly try it after telling him for a week how good it was. we ended up spending 2 hours crawling through a town only to find a pile of wood and some car parts (and me braking a leg while exiting the front door of a house...?!....)' date='needless to say my friend was not impressed.

[/quote']

I had a friend pick up the game for the first time yesterday as well, and the first thing he did was crawl to Komorovo, go into a house and break his leg.

HOWEVER!

I was able to get to him and give him some morphine that I had.

The easiest way (until this method is patched out) to navigate when you have no gun is to simply run like hell. It is very easy to lose zombies by shake 'n baking around corners, run in one end of a building and out the other. If you crawl everywhere you're never going to get anything done. Just KEEP MOVING!!

Try it, respawn and run all willy nilly through Cherno. Practice with it until you can lose the zombies, it's not that hard.

This is exactly what I do. Run around like a maniac. If you do it right you shouldn't get hit by zombies (and if you do it wrong.... who cares you had no gear anyway!), and you aren't sneaking around slowly with a bullseye on your back to other players. You're still just as likely to get spotted by players (probably more so with the gaggle of zeds behind you) but atleast you're a moving target.

Also... Never crawl into buildings, you tend to break your legs. This is an issue with Arma2... Not DayZ. It is bloody annoying though!