AceQuat

dead bodies should be persistent world objects

as far as i know (correct me if i am wrong) soon as a player dies and logs out, his body and his loot disappear as well

this shouldn't happen. soon as a player dies, his corpse and loot should just stay there until server restart, like the corpse and loot is a persistent object

sorry if this was brought up before or if something like this is planned already

• Like 3

but do they really stay indefinitely? until server restart that is

Edited by AceQuat

you body will remain lootable for 10 mins if no one is around and 40 mins if someone is around (not sure how close they have to be) I have been able to find my body after an hour or so but it wasn't lootable at that point.

I think if you want to hide a body you should have to bury it i.e dig a hole. or if your in a hurry you could cover it with trash or leaves etc. I usually don't hide bodies though mine always does get hidden when I die.not that I go back after it,it does break immersion when you do go to an area and some tool is killin folks and hiding the corpses he should have to dig holes or bury in shallow graves or something. kind of got of topic sorry.but I do agree I wish they would stay more persistant and decay and such. not sure if they don't because they would cause lag server issues etc. if so then I see why this is the option given.

3 types needed:

rotting.

decayed.

skeleton.

• Like 1

If the bodies stayed until server restart, there would be too many of them.

i think the developers talked about that reticently - player bodies starting to rot flies around and eventually skeletons.

If the bodies stayed until server restart, there would be too many of them.

Easy, set a limit to save performance (let's say 50).

If max number corpse exceed (50+1), the oldest one in the pool disappear.

• Like 1

If this ever gets added in the future, that corpses of players will stay in servers until restart, I would also like to see corpses of soldiers, police and civilians to be randomly placed around the map in cities or military outposts and with loot placed on the body according to what they where such as a dead police officer having handcuffs, pistol or a radio on him and have his clothes loot-able but in damaged or worse condition. I believe this will be added to zombies but I think having the corpses will be a nice touch to the DayZ Experience. I also would think this would benefit players who have recently spawned and will have a difficult time fighting off zombies. 

Guys. If the bodies stay......along with physics....... and the ability to drag objects......

That's right. Body fort. 2edgy4u.