helcol

Is there any way to report dupers?

Today, I have run into people going into a secluded area and duping everything that was hard to find. I even had times when I, and probably others here, have accidentally duped their gear. 

Should these individuals who "farm" this gear, if their identity on steam is discovered, be reported for this exploit?

I know the dev's are clearly aware of this issue and I know this is alpha!!

I am curious if there is any planned punishment for exploiters?

To my knowledge, we were able to pretty much stop ghosting, but more things keep popping up left and right, good thing these are all being found in the alpha stage.

Glitch, not technically hacking at all, so I don't think there'll be any punishment besides in server admins banning those they find.

It will disappear when duping is fixed in the not so far future.

• Like 2

No, they cannot get in trouble in this stage of the game.

• Like 1

No, they cannot get in trouble in this stage of the game.

Glitch, not technically hacking at all, so I don't think there'll be any punishment besides in server admins banning those they find.

It will disappear when duping is fixed in the not so far future.

I see, I will probably take a break from the game until this glitch is fixed. It is annoying to walk up to a duping farm.  :(

Thanks for the replies!

Do any of you know when it WILL be punishable to do exploits?

When the entire point of the 'game' existing isn't for people to go find exploits.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

When the entire point of the 'game' existing isn't for people to go find exploits.

so in beta stage?

so in beta stage?

Beta is still a lot about finding those pesky bugs and exploits that made it past alpha.

Beta is still a lot about finding those pesky bugs and exploits that made it past alpha.

then what separates the beta from the alpha? 

then what separates the beta from the alpha? 

They usually stop or slow down adding things into the game during Beta. This way they can concentrate on fixing the bugs and exploits. Though, not every development team in the world follows that guideline.

• Like 1

Are dupers really bothering you that much? It's not like those using the teleport hack to grief and kill others..it's just people duping gear so they don't have to go through the timely process of re-gearing.

I don't endorse duping but I can see why people do it and it doesn't really bother me.

Are dupers really bothering you that much? It's not like those using the teleport hack to grief and kill others..it's just people duping gear so they don't have to go through the timely process of re-gearing.

I don't endorse duping but I can see why people do it and it doesn't really bother me.

because collecting gear is a part of survival and duping ruins that factor of survival,

I will, for a fact, quit dayz SA if this glitch makes it into the beta.

But, the dev's know and I hope they find a way to fix this...soon

because collecting gear is a part of survival and duping ruins that factor of survival,

I will, for a fact, quit dayz SA if this glitch makes it into the beta.

But, the dev's know and I hope they find a way to fix this...soon

The beta won't start for at least a year.

• Like 1

Today, I have run into people going into a secluded area and duping everything that was hard to find. I even had times when I, and probably others here, have accidentally duped their gear. 

Should these individuals who "farm" this gear, if their identity on steam is discovered, be reported for this exploit?

To my knowledge, we were able to pretty much stop ghosting, but more things keep popping up left and right, good thing these are all being found in the alpha stage.

Glitching a duping is exactly the sort of thing you should be trying. If you get it to work, report the bug. This is the Alpha stage so try to break the game, do unexpected things.

• Like 3

I see, I will probably take a break from the game until this glitch is fixed. It is annoying to walk up to a duping farm.  :(

Thanks for the replies!

before taking your brake please make sure you have given feedback about those dublicates mechanics

before taking your brake please make sure you have given feedback about those dublicates mechanics

I will, sadly the  group of friends I currently have pretty much stopped playing Dayz.

However, I woke up today and thought to give it another go.

Maybe i won't find two people and three bodies in the middle of the forest duping gear.

I will, sadly the  group of friends I currently have pretty much stopped playing Dayz.

However, I woke up today and thought to give it another go.

Maybe i won't find two people and three bodies in the middle of the forest duping gear.

Don't worry, I am very sure of the Dev team fixing this issue. :) Believe in there godly powers. ;D

-SNIP-

Edited by kichilron
Removed Meme.

no one cares now piss off

this is the most retarded thread ever

LOL @ "I will, for a fact, quit dayz SA if this glitch makes it into the beta."

what are you 12?

Edited by kichilron
Be nicer.

LOL @ "I will, for a fact, quit dayz SA if this glitch makes it into the beta."

what are you 12?

Woah woah, calm down there Snake. No need to get all feisty over ones concern over a serious glitch. xD

Instead of getting angry at the people using exploits which is part of alpha testing in the first place shouldn't you be asking why the DEV team havent fixed the exploit?

Why would they ever punish someone for the exploit ? Shouldn't the DEV's just fix it?

what are you 12?

You have officially earned the right to take a bit of time off. Do not insult others and don't use that word to describe any topic. If you do not agree with it, do not put it like that.

SNIP

Watch it with memes.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

You can't get in trouble for using glitches..

Instead of getting angry at the people using exploits which is part of alpha testing in the first place shouldn't you be asking why the DEV team havent fixed the exploit?

Why would they ever punish someone for the exploit ? Shouldn't the DEV's just fix it?

That's why I was curious, because an exploit, like combat logging, is extremely hard to eliminate.

But the dev's are trying to eliminate it.

There are also some people that think combat logging is not an exploit.

[Edit] my question has been answered. Thank you to those who did so in an ethical manner.  :)

Edited by helcol

I agree with you... The game is about survival and scavenging.... So survive and scavenge... If people wanna kos, let them, if they wanna dupe, let them, this is a game that they paid for from their pockets,for me, as long as they dont teleport, use aimbots, use god mode, spawn in guns and helis, infinite ammo and i can still kill them with my gun, then i say game on... At the end of the day, they can only use one gun, one scope and their m4 still needs to reload no matter how many times they dupe their mags and ammo. Saying youll quit on the internet just makes you look like a *meooowwww*.... Just learn to deal with it and play on.... :)