Sign in to follow this  
Captain Cornhole

Role Playing Servers?

Has anyone found any role playing servers?  I am really looking at getting involved in a "hardcore" role playing server where everyone keeps pretty true to their character.  I think that would be a great time, especially since if everyone is in character they will be far more likely to try keep their character alive.  I've already got my character idea, and goals in mind :)

Just play how you are going to play, every server is a role playing server ;) 

That is some trippy great mind thinking there! :D 

Si you talks like that i eeeeet your liver eh Gringo 

Real RP servers wont be able to be enforced until private hives

• Like 1

I get the feeling you haven't played any actual role playing games before :p  There is no aspect of role playing in this game so far because people don't stay in character or even have a sense of their character.  I grew up playing role playing games, ya know the ones with dice & character sheets.  So I like the real aspect of role playing and its only better when everyone else is in character too.

without private hives and whitelisting you can forget RP servers, or even decent servers.

without a way to enforce rules, the game will forever remain KoS deathmatch...

sadly...

I get the feeling you haven't played any actual role playing games before :P  There is no aspect of role playing in this game so far because people don't stay in character or even have a sense of their character.  I grew up playing role playing games, ya know the ones with dice & character sheets.  So I like the real aspect of role playing and its only better when everyone else is in character too.

It would be hard to find the level of roleplay in SA as in Frankie's latest video for example. If that is what you're looking for then the mod is what you should be playing. And Hetstaine plays the role of a broke schoolgirl trying to pay her way through college pretty well in fact.

• Like 2

I get the feeling you haven't played any actual role playing games before :P  There is no aspect of role playing in this game so far because people don't stay in character or even have a sense of their character.  I grew up playing role playing games, ya know the ones with dice & character sheets.  So I like the real aspect of role playing and its only better when everyone else is in character too.

Hey i did D'n'D and some other similar game for a while at school until i discovered girls :D  

Hey i did D'n'D and some other similar game for a while at school until i discovered girls :D

Its pretty unfair to say that because I play d&d that I have no interest in women.  I've slept with well over 40 of them and I've been playing role playing games since I was 13.  So say what you want.  Playing girls is easy and takes no skill.  Taking on an entire thieves guild when your only lvl 2 and killing 40 of them takes skill, cunning, and solid tactics.  Plus games don't bitch and whine when you leave the toilet seat up.  Sadly I still have yet to meet a girl who is smart enough to figure out that she can actually lower the seat herself.  They never raise it for me so why should I lower it for them?

Its pretty unfair to say that because I play d&d that I have no interest in women.  I've slept with well over 40 of them and I've been playing role playing games since I was 13.  So say what you want.  Playing girls is easy and takes no skill.  Taking on an entire thieves guild when your only lvl 2 and killing 40 of them takes skill, cunning, and solid tactics.  Plus games don't bitch and whine when you leave the toilet seat up.  Sadly I still have yet to meet a girl who is smart enough to figure out that she can actually lower the seat herself.  They never raise it for me so why should I lower it for them?

you do amuse me :D

What i was saying was.. I used to play DnD and then i discovered girls..thus DnD became a thing of the past. I was not implying that you are some weirdo dude living in your basement rolling die and slaying pretend dragons that are coming out of the walls while the world moves on above you.

...it does sound like that you have yet to met a well equipped veteran lady who has the skillz to join you in battle and leave you wondering if can possibly defeat her.

the time will come my friend ;) ..and battle shall be joined.

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 1

The ELECTED DEMOCRATIC CITIZENS JUNTA OF BEREZINO ELECTROZAVODSK AND SOSNOVKA

DECLARES THAT:

According to THE UNANIMOUSLY EXPRESSED WILL of OUR GLORIOUS PEOPLE

ALL FOREIGN BRUTAL ARMED RUNNING-DOG MAFIA and WESTERN and EASTERN CAPITALISTICH INVADERS

LEAVE OUR COUNTRY FORTHWITH and IMMEDIATELY

SURRENDER YOUR WEAPONS NOW YOU WILL BE ALLOWED A FAIR TRIAL

TIME and TIME AGAIN our NOBLE UNARMED PEASANTS and COMRADES

HAVE RUSHED BARE HANDED TO ATTACK YOUR ARMED INVADERS

WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT FOR PERSONAL SAFETY

THEY SACRIFICE THEIR LIVES SELFLESSLY FOR THEIR CHERISHED ONES and THEIR BELOVED COUNTRY

TO CALL THESE IMMORTAL PATRIOTS  'ZOMBIES'  IS A DISGUSTING PROPAGANDA and TYPICAL SLUR OF THE WORST KIND

THESE HEROIC COMRADES FIGHT AGAINST OVERWHELMING ODDS TO DEFEND THE MOTHERLAND

THEY LAY DOWN THEIR LIVES  for FREEDOM

THEY SHALL NOT BE FORGOTTEN

WE SHALL NEVER BE DEFEATED

WE SHALL FIGHT YOU IN THE WOODS

IN THE TOWNS

ON THE BEACHES

IF YOU KILL FIFTY OF US FOR EVERY ONE OF YOU

WE SHALL STILL WIN

Our HISTORIC VICTORY IS INEVITABLE

YOU HAVE COME HERE ONLY TO DIE

LEAVE NOW

The Chernorus Organized Resistance Movement of the EDCJ    

28/03/2014

• Like 3

the game is role playing already, a killing role playing game.

I was lucky, my 1st girlfriend was my DM. She was a hot nerd girl and we played Dragonlance with a group of 4 guys and 3 girls. Good times.

Ok, might as well use this thread as my question is about servers and i dont want to use precious internet space or even worse get people telling me to use search function.

I have only really played 2 online games before ISS and Dayz. Age of Conan and Lotro, two different games to zombie bashers but still online games. Now lotro, if you wanted to retrieve your character you always had to go to the same server, and play there, so my question is why are dayz servers so f**king sensitive, while fantasy games which contain much much much bigger maps and have hundreds of players at same time, arent?

Lol rôle play, we are not autorize to put a password or kick on the servers... 60 Euro 40 Slots       THANKS DAYZ !!!   slurpslurp

The great thing about DayZ is that RP is baked into it.

Everyone is potentially dangerous, though some people are actually cool, and worth talking to or even teaming up with. Unlike WoW or something, you do not have the option of simply ignoring another person.

If you have the stones to not play KOS, and interact with people the things that are said out of practical necessity are the same as in "role playing".

"Where you going?"

"Who are you?"

"Do you need help?"

"I need ______."

"Has this town been looted?"

"See you later, and be careful."

When running cross country with my crew we talk about whatever we want, and it feels like when I'm walking along with my friends talking shit in the contemporary world. We talk about what we need, where we're going, etc. Real talk.

About the only real effort to make in RPing is to put on my UN hat and tell fools "FREEZE- U.N.!" just because I get a kick out of it. Weather you go full "I'm looking for my daughter and won't rest until I find her and kill my ex-wife who was from Chernarus and kidnapped her before the zombie apocalypse started" or just "I need morphine because I was shot in the leg"- you're role playing.

Even shit talking squeaker kids are RPing in my way of seeing things.

Has anyone found any role playing servers?  I am really looking at getting involved in a "hardcore" role playing server where everyone keeps pretty true to their character.  I think that would be a great time, especially since if everyone is in character they will be far more likely to try keep their character alive.  I've already got my character idea, and goals in mind :)

Let me know if you find such a server because I would like to get on it and role play the part of the bad guy.

KoSing, banditing, griefing... you know all the bad guy stuff. 

On 3/28/2014 at 6:35 AM, Captain Cornhole said:

Its pretty unfair to say that because I play d&d that I have no interest in women.

Say look - is that a hobbit ?
Nah - that's a hobo and a rabbit -  I think they're making a hobbit.