Sign in to follow this  
TrampoAG

Three words. Land. Mine.

I think alot of people are forgetting this is a survival game, not a war game. I would prefer handmade traps, maybe bear traps. Land mines are ok but im too scared they would be in abundance

Maybe not mines... but an IED of some sort would be cool. Like a shrapnel bomb made up of gasoline and spare metal or something (yeah, i know that doesn't make sense, I'm just thinking out loud.) Sounds like a cool idea though.

Wouldn't mind that, It should be bulky and pretty obvious.

You'd have to be flying to not stop in time, and if you wanna get someone that's zipping by you should have to set up a good trigger.

If anything I think it should be used to help an ambush, car stops to asses IED then you and your squad open fire and enjoy your new car.

I don't think anything would annoy me more than going for a sunday drive and being blown up by an invisible mine some douche just found and left on the road for zero reason.

Manually triggered IEDs ought to be fine.

I think this was from somewhere in that dev presentation?:

x9uf69I.png

Manually triggered IEDs ought to be fine.

I think this was from somewhere in that dev presentation?:x9uf69I.png

Rather old dev presentation, but yeah.

When i think of stationary base defense (mines, barbed wire, etc) i think of the one thing that would cause the most pain for someone sneaking around barefoot....

LEGOS

2 words, Bouncing Betty.   I think it would be better then your run of the mill landmines, it will make things abit more fair, cause the person placeing it will have to judge how far away to place it so it won't kill himself/herself with the  shrapnel, so it would keep sniper from putting them  right close to them self.

Smine-diagram.jpg

Edited by riskiestkiller

dying to hidden explosives or traps because some dude thought it would be funny to mine a barracks door twelve hours ago probably is the worst thing that could happen. it would possibly be the most rage-inducing way to die ingame, with no real benefit to the perpetrator either, just for trolling and irritating people

gotta have to say NO until there's actually a purpose & tradeoff for explosives/traps

How about the famous British SAS BEAR TRAP

SAS BEAR TRAP is three words, and a bear

but it also works for anything that can trip over a stretched cord

and it's easy to craft

___

And for off-topic  fun, can I make a note for the future:  That if you are holding a grenade in your hand, it is live until you put it away

And if anyone shoots you, knocks you out, or tries to handcuff you - you drop the live grenade

OK?

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

The first and most important step in disarming something is finding it without getting blown up.

I can't possibly imagine implementing that into dayz.

So, no. That would be ridiculous. That is not WWII

Edited by SGT. Kalme

Im with a few others, IED's are the way togo in day z, with vehicles coming into the game i can see IED's being a good introduction to the game.

Grenades, smoke grenades yes!

Dead man's trigger yes!

Explosives yes! With a catastrophic fail potential when u set them up?

Traps, mines.... yes with a simular catastrophic fail potential + a detectability value that would depend on success rate in setting them up?

Rope could be used to set off traps from safe distance.

<< How many words is GRENADES ? >>

OK - you get the prize. Hold this and count to 6 while I run away.

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1