Sign in to follow this  
willhelm

Dual Wielding

STOP STOP STOP, DON'T THROW THOSE BRICKS, STOP, LET ME SPEAK!

Alright now that that's out of the way

http://gyazo.com/30d9330abda7ba29ee4dad2a1ca99a30

http://gyazo.com/5d87e2a4508038c92a6f7b3cbfd39398 ( was kidding about this one)

Anyway, this i feel wouldn't be that overpowered if we took away the crosshare, which i bet rocket will. 

Dual wielding any gun (can't dual wield DMRS/Snipers) would have serious accuracy penalties 

• Like 1

Dual wielding anything except for pistols just wouldn't work, and even with pistols it would be horribly inaccurate to the point of it being useless.

I do, however, think that you should be able to hold some form of one-handed melee weapon while having a flashlight in the other.

• Like 6

Duel weilding cans of beans would get out of control real fast.

Agreed.

Infact let's test it, i just gave you my beans, you dual wield mine with yours

• Like 1

Nah,one gun wield is fine.

It's more realistic that way and keeps

the game clean and not a clone of BF and CS.

• Like 1

Feels out of place. I mean, when bullets are scarce (or at least they should be given the theme), who'd be so careless to dual wield pistols? Of course it could be implemented, along with the severe accuracy penalties, point is that it would be kind of useless so might as well just not implement it at all.

• Like 2

I could see a person holding 2 guns actually aiming them one at a time when ones empty of rounds you switch to the other hand. so you get to fire more rounds down range. that's the only time I could see it viable. if some guy ran at me on here with 2 pistols I would laugh honestly. but if its added I won't fret to each there own if you guys want this feature hell they should add it just because its not my cup of tea doesn't mean someone won't drink it. good luck

Edited by gannon46

I think it should be a possibility, not just for two pistols so that you can be inaccurately gangster.

For example any combination of these, one in each hand:

Pistol

Torch/Flare/Lantern

Small melee weapon like a knife/screwdriver

Protector Case/Ammo box/Med kit.

Rifle such as an M4 held by the carry handle

Accuracy would still be reduced but it allows you to move carry a spare rifle for a friend, see in the dark but not be defenseless, two gun madman gangster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfXuNJxWw88

Actually guns are really inaccurate, you can miss a stationary Zed at 15 mt, but i'm not complaining about that 'cause we aren't soldiers and without some kind of fire arms training in stress situation inaccuracy it's understandable. (rather there's something wrong about the mosin perfect accuracy also at 800 mt with the same supposed aim skill) so i think dual wielding also guns can be only a stupid thing, if you have have ever tried a gun in a firing range you know what i mean. but you certainly can do it if you need to make much noise.  :lol:

Can I say rocket held me at gunpoint and forced me to make this thread? Will that get me out of it?

Dual wield these:

tb_lg_SAndW500c.jpg

Happy surviving with 2 broken wrists ;)

I don't really like it, TBH.

Actually it isn't really realistic (which is not too important for suggestions), but it (2x FNX for example) could make some weapons just useless, like the sawn of shotgun.

and with useless I don't mean useless. I mean useless-useless. Like when you already grab a sawn off, you will take damage over time, because the gun is so useless.

xD

But I still see, it could be done and also could be useful.

I don't like it, but if it's implemented, I won't complain ;)

Edited by irishroy

Dual wield these:

tb_lg_SAndW500c.jpg

Happy surviving with 2 broken wrists ;)

I don't really like it, TBH.

Actually it isn't really realistic (which is not too important for suggestions), but it (2x FNX for example) could make some weapons just useless, like the sawn of shotgun.

and with useless I don't mean useless. I mean useless-useless. Like when you already grab a sawn off, you will take damage over time, because the gun is so useless.

xD

But I still see, it could be done and also could be useful.

I don't like it, but if it's implemented, I won't complain ;)

i hate the idea, but i think it'd be realistic :p

i hate the idea, but i think it'd be realistic :P

Yes!

Nah,one gun wield is fine.

It's more realistic that way and keeps

the game clean and not a clone of BF and CS.

If by BF, you mean any Battlefield game... there has never, ever, in any BF game... been dual wielding of anything.

Did you mean that horrible Call of Doody garbage game that little kids play?

If by BF, you mean any Battlefield game... there has never, ever, in any BF game... been dual wielding of anything.

Did you mean that horrible Call of Doody garbage game that little kids play?

I just gave it as an example.

I wasn't dissing BF,i was just stating

that DayZ isn't the generic shooter game,

that you can survive a whole mag of bullets,

duel wield bazookas and have unlimited parachutes.

I want to remove grenade splints with my teeth...Goodbye teeth :(

How about a pistol + short weapon (knife/hammer/sickle etc) so that you can shoot with lower accuracy (due to single hand) but also slash and smash skulls if attacked by zeds?

• Like 1

Dual welding is nonsens.  It works only in films and old games... nobody who shot in real world or know'how never accept this thing. 

DayZ isn't the generic shooter game,

that you can have unlimited parachutes.

Um....I have some bad news for you.

You may want to sit down...

Edited by Geckofrog7

no,no,no,no,no, this has been suggested before and its a waste of ammo and that shit. no.

DUAL WIELDING OBREZ MOSINS? i would break some arms.

I like it.

I actually hate it, but I like the idea of having a weapon in one hand and a utility item in the other.

So a pistol/ one handed melee weapon in one hand and a flashlight or a lantern or something in the other. The Half-Life mod Cry of Fear did that pretty well. It would at least reduce the necessity for a headtorch/ weapon flashlight if you want to play at night.

• Like 1

Dual wielding anything except for pistols just wouldn't work, and even with pistols it would be horribly inaccurate to the point of it being useless.

I do, however, think that you should be able to hold some form of one-handed melee weapon while having a flashlight in the other.

If you're trapped in a corner with 20 zombies coming at you, I think you wouldn't give a shit about accuracy if you had two pistols. You would just blast them both at the same time.

• Like 1