Sign in to follow this  
ThatSwoleGuy

I know you outplayed me my friend.

You spotted me at the fire station but I evaded you. I watched you kill the zombies and take a few hits, I watched you patch up. I looked to your hands and saw the SKS, I knew you had the ammo I needed. I stalked you with my fireaxe but your awareness was high! I zigzagged as much as I could and managed to count out 10 shots, I knew I had you.

I gave chase and hit you twice with my axe, one more and you must go down I thought to my self. That was when it happened, as my excitement peaked you switched to a fully loaded m4. Being that it was obvious we were both fresh spawns I know you couldn't have been holding a spare primary, I hadn't seen it on your back either. Rot in hell you bastard for cheating when I outplayed you with the lesser weapon.

Rot in hell.

Edit:

And now my friend you have made me look a fool, not only did you recover from my axing to kill me but you did it with style, with a purposefully stashed second primary. I stand served.

Edited by ThatSwoleGuy

You spotted me at the fire station but I evaded you. I watched you kill the zombies and take a few hits, I watched you patch up. I looked to your hands and saw the SKS, I knew you had the ammo I needed. I stalked you with my fireaxe but your awareness was high! I zigzagged as much as I could and managed to count out 10 shots, I knew I had you.

I gave chase and hit you twice with my axe, one more and you must go down I thought to my self. That was when it happened, as my excitement peaked you switched to a fully loaded m4. Being that it was obvious we were both fresh spawns I know you couldn't have been holding a spare primary, I hadn't seen it on your back either. Rot in hell you bastard for cheating when I outplayed you with the lesser weapon.

Rot in hell.

Yeah that pull an infinite ammo M4 out of anywhere mod is annoying.

Killed a guy who tried some funny stuff with my team, 2 minutes later he guns us down fully geared with an m4.

Either he cheated or, in 1 minute 30 seconds, found a fully geared player and knocked him right out. Oh, of course in that scenario he would have had to have gotten the three rivers spawn and found the guy there.

Sounds like you could have run into a separate player there. If hacks though my condolences.

What bothers me the most is that I can't figure out how cheating remains fun for anyone. Even in an entirely roleplay situation (opposite of competitive IMO) things are less fun if you don't have to work for them.

• Like 1

Sounds like you could have run into a separate player there. If hacks though my condolences.

What bothers me the most is that I can't figure out how cheating remains fun for anyone. Even in an entirely roleplay situation (opposite of competitive IMO) things are less fun if you don't have to work for them.

The game is full of testosterone pumped ego tripping internet tough guys. 

Their delusions allow them to justify their cheating as being 'elite,' and therefore helps them to feel tough and vindicated. *shrug.* Nothing you can really do about it, it happens in pretty much every game and MMO in the history of the internet. 

Just ignore it ( or report it ) and move on. 

Edited by DireKit
  • Like 1

Cheating is garbage and hopefully it can be fixed soon (as much as possible at least)

You did kind of deserve it for trying to axe a guy for his gun though... just sayin :P

Hey for his ammo! And I'm not claiming moral high ground lol! Karma is dirty though.

It'd be nice if admins had more info so they could look into logs and see this sort of stuff and from whom if reported. Not sure how that'd work though.

Edited by ThatSwoleGuy

You can have 2 primaries.

You can't log off with two AFAIK, we were in Elektro and I'd looted one firehouse and he was in civ stuff just like me. I think it highly unlikely given the circumstances but admittedly possible. Actually now that I think of it he had a children backpack and at one point before combat had to patch him self from zeds. Still possible?

Agreed, cheating like this is pathetic,

The only kind of cheating i can tolerate is blatant hacking doing ridiculous things like i dunno, i remember in GTA 4 going around as a massive neon cube with a dinosaur on top shooting an uzi that fired rockets, now THAT is at least funny for a bit and blatant. But this cheating, i.e. gaining a slight advantage in order to seem better then someone else is just sad.

You can't log off with two AFAIK, we were in Elektro and I'd looted one firehouse and he was in civ stuff just like me. I think it highly unlikely given the circumstances but admittedly possible. Actually now that I think of it he had a children backpack and at one point before combat had to patch him self from zeds. Still possible?

Yes you can log out with 2.

• Like 3

Well Irish I didn't know that. Either way given what he was wearing and specifically his backpack I'm thinking it very unlikely he was carrying two primaries. If so good on him. I would prefer though that in the future this be removed as an option OR included as a balanced feature.

Either way just thought I'd share this littl bit with everyone.

You CAN log out with 2 , but it's unreliable.

If you didn't see him dropping his other primary on the ground as he pulled out the M4 over his SKS, I would argue that there was a good chance he was cheating. Holding two primaries is really glitchy, it drops whenever you try to do anything other than fire the one in your hands.

Yeah, if you log off with one in  your hands it'll glitch out and could be still 'in your hands' but your hands are free when you log back in. 

So, could've been legit, though still glitching.

Yeah, if you log off with one in  your hands it'll glitch out and could be still 'in your hands' but your hands are free when you log back in. 

So, could've been legit, though still glitching.

It will every time, almost, be underneath your backpack when you log in.. you can run around full speed until you place something in your hands, which will drop the 2nd primary. Since there is often a delay to see things that are dropped most people miss this altogether.. If you place the 2nd primary in your hotslot, you can log out and back in.. run around and press your hot key when you get engaged.

It sounds like this guy probably had dropped his on the ground while fighting the zeds.. and picked it up during his engagment with the OP. At least to me it sounds that way, otherwise he did in fact use some sort of cheat to hack in a weapon. I would think though if he had done that that he would have just hacked in ammo for his SKS.

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

I duel carry. A Mosin in hands and M4 on back. Why you ask? For the very reason you attacked that guy. You think I'm limited but I'm not. BTW even with a talon backpack it's almost impossible to see the M4 cause it glitches through the pack. All you can see is the barrel, bottom of the stock and only 1/3 the rifle itself.

Many times Ive had my friends say "I didn't know you had a M4 this whole time!".

It's really not glitchy. Unless you have a bad connection. A bad connection will cause you to drop it at your feet when you log in. Reason being you pushed a 1-0 and put something into your hands and it dropped at your feet but due to connection that 1-0 you pushed never recognized so you just think it vanished. I know I play on Fiber half the time and the other half on 4GLTE. I've also been doing this for a couple months. It will never magically vanish I promise. Unless "Alpha" says otherwise and eats it which has never happened to me but my buddy's "claim" it has to them. You can even move items around in your inventory or run around after log in with it still in inventory. You just have to know how it works.

You log out with one in your hands and one on your back. Then when you log in you just drag the rifle that was in your hands back to your hands from the right side inventory list. It will be the last item under your pack.

Once you do this you must have the "This is my rifle" mentality. Anytime you put something else in your hands you drop your rifle. And justly so. But of course you must remember to pick it up.

When I'm with a group I duel carry. When I'm solo I don't cause you have to pull your axe out too often and can't two handed sprint. Single carry saves time and makes you faster than zeds. When you duel your at a disadvantage due to your speed reductions while running with a 2-handed item in your hands.

I really like the fact you have to drop "set down" your rifle when you have to fumble with something in your hands.

Overall it's give and take.

Also if you try this for the first time keep your primary on your back cause your gonna lose the weapon in your hands at least twice. Otherwise you'll find yourself rolling around in the grass trying to flatten it so you can find said, weapon, lolz...Oh, and expect a random server restart to eat a weapon while your cramming your face with beans.

Edited by RyBo

Also if you try this for the first time keep your primary on your back cause your gonna lose the weapon in your hands at least twice. Otherwise you'll find yourself rolling around in the grass trying to flatten it so you can find said, weapon, lolz...Oh, and expect a random server restart to eat a weapon while your cramming your face with beans.

Yep, it's a tradeoff. The 2 primary weapon thing has been here a while, and I'm not even sure it's a 'bug'. It is a fun thing to do, but much less fun since the zed's have a turbo function and really good hearing now. I've lost fully kitted MP M4's with optics due to eating. It's a tough pill to swallow when it happens. I've also lost gear when I dropped it on the floor to fix the 'slot bug'. Sometimes, it drops instantly and you pick it right back up. Other times, you drop it but it takes 30+ seconds for the server to recognize it and if a reset happens, you lose your gear.

• Like 1

Well Irish I didn't know that. Either way given what he was wearing and specifically his backpack I'm thinking it very unlikely he was carrying two primaries. If so good on him. I would prefer though that in the future this be removed as an option OR included as a balanced feature.

Either way just thought I'd share this littl bit with everyone.

The second primary isn't kept in the backpack, it is on his back next to it. And m4s have gotten somewhat of a resurgence with this latest patch since they spawn in police stations as well as plenty of mags for them (all I find there is double 30 stanag mags when I really wanted mags for the new pistols).

I don't think he was necessarily cheating.

• Like 1

I didn't realize dual carrying was so popular. He very well may have been doing just that. Seems a little cheapy to me :P, viable tactic though. Definitely served him well, he panic fired the SKS and then had to fall back upon his second primary.

Makes sense now.

Edited by ThatSwoleGuy
  • Like 1