Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonN1499

Spawning of guns

I was curious about anyone elses opinion on the areas where guns are spawned, for me since the new update I think the guns are to spread out any where you go. I also think that more guns should spawn inside houses not just areas where people flock to such as air fields, construction sites, etc.

If you know which towns to go to, SKS, Mosin and Sporters are abundant. Without the random loot system in place, It's fairly easy to get a gun without ever going to a Military base.

I think gun spawns are kinda silly atm. We should just spawn with whatever guns we want, just like in cod. I know, i know alpha and all, but it's something the devs will look into soon i imagine...

I found a mosin and sks in two unlikely places.

Mosin in a gray barn and an sks inside a green and orange little house

Not only are gun spawns dumb at the moment so are weapon magazines.

Pistol spawns in particular are poorly handled.

Spawns should make sense so when you see a m1911 you should see items that would be stored with it nearby within a foot of the item.

a single loaded magazine or a few or a box of ammo with the weapons ammo should all spawn in the vicinity.

i know alpha and all, but it's something the devs will look into soon i imagine...

I really don't think so.

I think gun spawns are kinda silly atm. We should just spawn with whatever guns we want, just like in cod. I know, i know alpha and all, but it's something the devs will look into soon i imagine...

lol no

lol no

Why not? I mean it's probably just that the devs need to optimize the engine like they have been saying, so it's obvious dayz isn't going to be as functional as cod at this point. That's why it's an alpha silly lol...

Why not? I mean it's probably just that the devs need to optimize the engine like they have been saying, so it's obvious dayz isn't going to be as functional as cod at this point. That's why it's an alpha silly lol...

Yeah, let's turn a survival sim into CoD! It's a good idea right?! Erhm, no. Would you turn a game like Call of Duty into, let's say, an underwater only playstyle for the fish AI to be working properly. Why? Cuz alpha. Also, I'm sorry if this seems offensive but I laugh at your select weapon suggestion. Items are earned, not freely given. Unless you're one of those softies called "Heroes" that give items to fresh spawns for the lulz.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Yeah, let's turn a survival sim into CoD! It's a good idea right?!

Right!  There aren't enough games trying to be CoD already!  THIS IS BRILLIANT!  Killstreaks and everything!  :huh:

Right!  There aren't enough games trying to be CoD already!  THIS IS BRILLIANT!  Killstreaks and everything!  :huh:

You forgot the dog and the fish AI.

If you know which towns to go to, SKS, Mosin and Sporters are abundant. Without the random loot system in place, It's fairly easy to get a gun without ever going to a Military base.

I don't know if I just have really bad luck but I just cant find any no matter if im in towns or military bases

I don't know if I just have really bad luck but I just cant find any no matter if im in towns or military bases

Look for police stations and two story buildings with a wooden enclosed balcony over the front door in the towns. These will yield you weapons and ammo.

As to the spawning of pistols...I have literally carried three different pistols around for hours repeatedly finding the only ammo type that doesn't fit into any of them. I have also run around for hours with three pistols loaded with one bullet in each, as I search for clips. If anything about weapon spawning needs to change its the lack of weapons like axes and hoes found in spawn zones.

• Like 2

With police stations in every town (not to mention piano houses, houses with the arch, office buildings, hospitals, fire stations, factories), there are plenty of gun spawns outside military areas.

I too believe that you should spawn into the map (preferably when new), with at least one of the new items the devs want us to play about with (ie. test)........

ON THE EXPERIMENTAL SERVERS ONLY

Having us find the shit in order to test it is illogical and really, a rather inefficient way to test new items. Have them spawn into the world as normal, to test their spawning abilities, but let us try the damn things out, so we don't have the next next-to-useless sawed-off shotgun on the stable branch.

Also, I agree to above that you should find ammunition near a weapon.

I want people who mention CoD to be perma-banned. Maybe an admin should go over to their house to deliver the ban and slap them silly. Piss on the doormat too.

No, we will never spawn with 'whatever guns we want'.

We will never spawn with any guns on the beach.

Get...the...fuck...off!

Yeah, let's turn a survival sim into CoD!

Wasn't he saying "as functional as CoD"? Love it or hate it, CoD does arcade shooter very well and the games are very smooth.

As for the guns, did anyone notice the pre-Elektro-gear-up-station in Kamyshovo? There's another one in Staroye that no one probably uses. Your best bet for spawns is to get the 3 valleys one, loot the farm house and the yellow house and fill up at the pump, then jog to Staroye and gear at the police building there, head down to Kamyshovo and maybe get an easy kill at douche-bag rock and the police there, then jog into Elektro a changed man.

Edited by Publik

Yeah, let's turn a survival sim into CoD! It's a good idea right?! Erhm, no. Would you turn a game like Call of Duty into, let's say, an underwater only playstyle for the fish AI to be working properly. Why? Cuz alpha. Also, I'm sorry if this seems offensive but I laugh at your select weapon suggestion. Items are earned, not freely given. Unless you're one of those softies called "Heroes" that give items to fresh spawns for the lulz.

Gotta love when people take the bait lol. Cmon man, you really thought i was serious? LOL

Cmon fellas, 187 posts and you thought i was serious? Fuck lol, i think some of you need to take a break! Cool off and try not to let the toxicity of these forums drag you down... Cod, spawn with weapons, LOL...