Sign in to follow this  
poultond

8 hours of searching and all I've found is a motorcyle helmet.

So I'm a new player. Installed the game the other day after watching YouTube replays for months now. Decided to jump in and play,

I haven't found anything besides a motorcycle helmet. I've been all over the place going through little villages, warehouses, industrial areas. Nothing. Nada.

Has the latest version messed with the respawning of supplies?

• Like 1

No, youve been just unlucky. Gear doesnt respawn yet and those places were already raided. Try after a server restart on that same server or another server.

• Like 1

To further the above posters point, spawning of loot IS inconsistent right now. Not all buildings, and areas currently spawn loot - this is a bug (most of the smaller houses right now don't spawn loot). Military tents don't spawn loot (they are supposed to).

By design based on server performance, loot does not re spawn - this will change in future patches.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forums, Poultround.  I'm still in my underwear with no weapons or food.  So you're doing better than me!

It is a little challenging to say the least, and it does sound like you've been unlucky.  I hope your luck improves soon. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

8 hours sounds like a bit of an overkill but if you have just started, my guess is you spawned near Kamishovo (or as Morgan Freeman calls it Kamywobo), that place is one of the first towns to get raided so you'd be lucky to get anything. Plus given you probably searched every building not just the buildings where loot actually spawns (after you play this game for a few hours you learn which buildings never spawn loot) so that wouldve had taken you a while. Then if you started moving your way inland - again, newspawns would have cleared everything out, and again with you searching every single building would have taken you a while.

So i would say it's a combination of you spawning on a server that hasnt been restarted for a while and being new you would have searched every place like I did on my first day.

Dont give up, rejoin another server and go to larger towns - you might come across some bandits but your chances of you finding good loot are much higher.

• Like 1

Here's a quick tip for you.. if the door of a house is open, it's very likely looted. Look for open doors and if you see many of them in a town/city, move on to the next one (players often loot entire towns/cities). You'll be finding a lot of stuff in no time. Now, how to find the good stuff.. that's another topic and I won't spoil it for you ;) Welcome to the party!

I usually jump on in the AM before going to work. Find an empty server and grab some gear. By the weekend I'm usually completely healthy, armed, and stocked with food/drink.

Don't try to loot up on a populated server, and deffinetly not on the coast, that place is always looted, and now with the new spawn zones and buildings, people will spend time looting up, your best bet is to spawn in, try to get as much food/drink in you as possible and make your way deep in-land in the hopes of finding a town that isn't on the way to a high loot area...

go WEST and inland, you are more likely to find loot that way as most of the peeps look for a weapon and then start pvp on the coast

• Like 1

First question I'd ask is do you know where you are?

Second question, What have you been eating to survive?

Edited by Window Licker

go WEST and inland, you are more likely to find loot that way as most of the peeps look for a weapon and then start pvp on the coast

If he hasn't got a compass how will he know which way is west?

If he hasn't got a compass how will he know which way is west?

clouds in Chernarus always travel from the West to the East. 

clouds in Chernarus always travel from the West to the East. 

And the sun always shines from the southern directon on 24/7 daylight servers.

Also try to remeber that playing on 30-40 player full servers isn't the best thing to do all of the time.

Alot of the new loot zones would have already been looted. When i start out, i tent to join 15-20full servers to loot.

8 hours? server MUST have restarted lol.

So hour 10 has been much kinder to me.

My player died of starvation so I respawned....10' from a zombie who proceeded to attack me. I was able to punch her in the head and knock her to the ground and I just took off running and lost her in a little town. As I'm peeking around the building to see if she followed me, I notice a two-story structure with a light-house type thing on top: Police Station!!

So I make my way there. Found some stuff in the 3 bay storage building\garage including a zombie who didn't notice me, thankfully. Inside the Police Station was all kinds of stuff. So now I have a backback, 3 sodas, a baseball bat, can opener and a Ruger 10/22. No ammo though. I also found two tomatoes which I promply ate. Had to log off and get to work.

Looking forward to playing with this character.

So hour 10 has been much kinder to me.

My player died of starvation so I respawned....10' from a zombie who proceeded to attack me. I was able to punch her in the head and knock her to the ground and I just took off running and lost her in a little town. As I'm peeking around the building to see if she followed me, I notice a two-story structure with a light-house type thing on top: Police Station!!

So I make my way there. Found some stuff in the 3 bay storage building\garage including a zombie who didn't notice me, thankfully. Inside the Police Station was all kinds of stuff. So now I have a backback, 3 sodas, a baseball bat, can opener and a Ruger 10/22. No ammo though. I also found two tomatoes which I promply ate. Had to log off and get to work.

Looking forward to playing with this character.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182740-community-event-today-for-new-players-get-high-end-loot/