Sign in to follow this  
Pazzmon

Dedicated video RAM

Hello all,

I'm very new to this game, only played it a couple of times so far, because I seem to have a problem with dedicated video RAM...

I'm using a Macbook Pro - 

• Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB L3 cache
  • 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
  • Dual Booting - OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition...

I'm a bit confused as to why I can't play this game on relatively high detail because it is a good spec computer... obviously had to dual-boot it to play DayZ...

(Yes, I can play this game...but on low settings before I get a laggy game)

Edited by Pazzmon
  • Like 1

Intel HD Graphics 4000 a good spec?

Not that the rest is good cuz its not, though it may work well. But that card... not meant for videogaming bud.

Edited by p4triot

Yeah, I just did a quick search and the graphics card is pretty shocking to what I thought it would be...oh well, should be having a new computer soon which actually has more than 32mb od dedicated video memory. It plays rather well on low settings though so I'm not complaining too much and I'm not missing much either...

Macs are not usually made for gaming, so thats why you cant go higher than low graphics. I can myself also go only average even i got decent computer. Going higher causes some fps drops. Its the engine which makes people to need better computer than they usually need for their usual games. Its not finished :)

Personally I'd say get a desktop :) if you're serious about gaming. I mean you already have a laptop anyway.

Hi Pazzmon, welcome to the forums.  Mess around with your settings.  I found that I could still play pretty well with low settings, as you say.  Sometimes the slightest change in one or another area can improve the gameplay.  I find I can run quickly now whereas at first it was like running through jelly. :thumbsup:

You will face plenty unplayable situations with HD4000 iGPU. And for the fact that you only have 4GB RAM and iGPU uses part of it, you can have VRAM bottlenecking.