Sign in to follow this  
willhelm

Morale

I was just wondering if this sounds like a good idea, do you think we should add a Morale metre in the game? (Not like a actual bar/metre, just like how thirst and hunger metres currently work). 

For those of you who don't know what morale is, it's basically how you feel. For example, if you have a positive Morale, you feel happy, and vice versa. 

i don't know what the side effects to have a negative morale would actually be, we CAN'T have it so that when someone kills someone then the person who shot gets a negative morale boost. Mainly because I think alot of us would feel happy if we shot and killed a murderer (Which is 80% of dayz playerbase) 

If this is added, I would say when you are not bleeding, healthy, energized, hydrated etc , you got good morale and when you get shot at /opposites on good morale things , you get bad morale. Maybe if you got good morale, your character is smiling and with bad morale head down and almost crying.

• Like 2

So like project zomboid's terror metre, the negative effect could be some form of tunnel vision.

If this is added, I would say when you are not bleeding, healthy, energized, hydrated etc , you got good morale and when you get shot at /opposites on good morale things , you get bad morale. Maybe if you got good morale, your character is smiling and with bad morale head down and almost crying.

i actually really like that idea, getting shot at isn't exactly something to be enjoyed XD

How would we deal with the psychopaths? They will smile when normally you should't ;)

I hope they add heart pounding soon. So if you just got hit, attacked by a running maniac with and axe, eaten by a zombie etc, then you should hear very intense heart beat.

How would we deal with the psychopaths? They will smile when normally you should't ;)

Sir, you ruined my idea xD. I dont have any ideas how to deal with psychopaths :(

I had a similar idea. It would be nice to have a mental health system. You could combine it with your morale idea. For example when you shoot some one with a good morale it wouldn't effect your mental health as much as shooting someone with a bad morale. If your mental health is at lowest you will die or loose your equip due to madness or something. Trading, party building or drugs would effect positive on your mental health.

i am always sad if i have to kill someone and when i kill someone i will think i should just handcuff him when he was unconscious and bandage him and thats what i am going to do from now on.but i disagree with moral system if you want kill people that wont do anything to you but if you dont want kill people when you have to that makes you sad.morale is in real life and doings are in game.

i am always sad if i have to kill someone and when i kill someone i will think i should just handcuff him when he was unconscious and bandage him and thats what i am going to do from now on.but i disagree with moral system if you want kill people that wont do anything to you but if you dont want kill people when you have to that makes you sad.morale is in real life and doings are in game.

But you dont struggle against shooting someone if it is a videogame. You feel bad for 2 seconds and thats it. There has to be a system to prevent players to shoot each other so often. At least 50% less as it is now. Sure you can focus more on something like not getting wet and expanding the heath system that players have to help each other more, but there will always be dickheads who shoot new spawns with out a reason and with no consequences.

Edited by sleepydinosaur

I will be sad medic...because a lot of ppl would die instead of survive...because they are robbers..

I hope they add heart pounding soon. So if you just got hit, attacked by a running maniac with and axe, eaten by a zombie etc, then you should hear very intense heart beat.

Not required, when shit gets tense I can hear my own heartbeat.

• Like 2

Not required, when shit gets tense I can hear my own heartbeat.

Haha, good one, 

Been suggested, I wish that they implimented mental sickness when you kill too many people, and your char would shoot himself.

I don't want my character to have emotions for me. If I'm scared, my control over the character will be influenced.

Suppose someone just shot your mate. Unless you're a complete psycho, that will affect your (the player) state of being. Isn't that enough?

Haha, good one,

'tis true though. I've had some fucking insane adrenaline dumps playing this game, even without actually seeing someone. Sometimes, just knowing someone is nearby and dangerous is enough to get the heart racing. The last time it happened (before I stopped playing because the computer shat its pants and locked up for 20 mins) I was looting some garages in Zelenogorsk and heard some M4 shots very close by. My immediate reaction was to stop what I was doing, sit at the back of the garage and point my loaded Mosin at the doors ready to shoot anyone that opened them. I sat like that for several minutes, heart pounding like it wanted out, before very tentatively moving towards the door, opening it, pieing what I could see and making a mad dash for some nearby buildings. At this point I was sure my heart was just going to stop it was beating so hard.

It's exceptionally rare that a game does that for me, but it's certainly part of the draw to DayZ.

I have started the same thread just few weeks ago, my idea was to use morale to lower the amount of unnecessary kos. If you kill too many players your screen will go gray,

I think its an interesting idea, but there's already enough stuff in game right now, currently there is health, blood, shock, hunger, thirst, and wet.  I think adding in morale may be a bit overwelming, even though in real life morale is a huge factor in survival situations