Sign in to follow this  
Garberro

Black Powder's Hunting Rifles

BlackPowder  

13 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion its good idea?

• Yes.
    • No.

the ones want drum/revolver-like-weapons..

the others want lever-action-rifles...

why not both?

circuit_judge_lever-tfb.jpg

Sry, didn't find a pic for  blackpowder rifles :|

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

Look at this cavlery carbines ;)

First is Colt Root.

00445838409849182511.jpg

And this is Remington Target Carbine

78513984495691418421.jpg

It will be nice when developers see this topic and think about muzzleloading system.:)

It will be nice when developers see this topic and think about muzzleloading system. :)

i bet the reload will take about 2 minutes and the animation will be veryyyyy awkward

2min?!   Good shoter can shot 3 times per minute :P    And using cartridges shoting is like shotning from Mosin :P   

Loading and crafting will be look like loading magazines, open boxing etc. in this time.  They don't need more animations, just adopting this what we have now.

But it need more new models, and spawning system. 

Edited by Garberro

Thread needs more Hawken

IMG_1956.jpg

IMO the most versatile blackpowder firearm is not a rifle, it is a shotgun, you can use it with anything from birdshot to pumpkin balls, it works for any type of game, including people, and you have two shots.

Navy Arms "Magnum", first imported during the 1970s muzzleloading mania

ClassicK.jpg

• Like 1

Good idea, i write abaut Hawken (best hunting rifle in XIX century) in first post :)  

Good idea, i write abaut Hawken (best hunting rifle in XIX century) in first post :)

OK Jeremiah Johnson, starvin pilgrim.

...not funny at all. (Chris Kyle favorit weapon? muzzleloading Colt Navy).

Edited by Garberro

BP should be availible in the heavy industrial centers.

Or rather- the ingredients to make it.

You should gather charcoal from fires, You should be able to gather Potassiu ntrate from farms and industrial areas along with sulfer.

OP, this is lovely, and all the images are great, but I really don't know if all the effort that would be needed would be worth it from the devs considering your average player would never go to the effort of crafting black powder when an axe or military weapon would be easier; also black powder weapons would have to be such a rare spawn [due to antiquity] that not many houses would even have them, making the entire BP crafting situation a large thing which could only rarely be used. It just doesn't seem worth it.

I am possibly not prepared for the black powder weapon enthusiast shitstorm

EDIT: also, it's not half a year since the fall of civilization, or the zombies would have all decomposed due to being absolutely devoid of hygiene, and all that fresh fruit wouldn't exist. It's more likely a week or two following the apocalypse.

Edited by bobotype3334

OP, this is lovely, and all the images are great, but I really don't know if all the effort that would be needed would be worth it from the devs considering your average player would never go to the effort of crafting black powder when an axe or military weapon would be easier; also black powder weapons would have to be such a rare spawn [due to antiquity] that not many houses would even have them, making the entire BP crafting situation a large thing which could only rarely be used. It just doesn't seem worth it.

I am possibly not prepared for the black powder weapon enthusiast shitstorm

Hello there

*UNLEASH STORM!!!!1!!*

Look at the thread, man! Look at it! These are not all antiques, baby!

Sheesh!

But you are correct, they are not as common as traditional firearms.

Rgds

LoK

So what do we do with fireworks when we're not looting them for black powder?...

:D *trolling opportunity intensifies*

Black powder rifles can't be used for shit. They're highly inaccurate irl.

The only era where it was actually effective to shoot with two pistols.

An extra six bullets at no cost to the already shitty accuracy.

90% rifles, pistols and revolvers from XIX century is more accurancy and power than modern pistols.  You can use Colt Navy 7" barrel on range 50m , but glock wos effective on 10/20m... and have less power bullet. 

90% rifles, pistols and revolvers from XIX century is more accurancy and power than modern pistols.  You can use Colt Navy 7" barrel on range 50m , but glock wos effective on 10/20m... and have less power bullet.

What machine loaded the gun?

90% rifles, pistols and revolvers from XIX century is more accurancy and power than modern pistols.

I will contest that...

9mm Makarov = 95 gr 1030 fps = 225 ft-lbs

9mm Luger = 124 gr 1150 fps = 364 ft-lbs

.40 S&W = 180 gr 1000 fps = 400 ft-lbs

.45 ACP = 230 gr 850 fps = 369 ft-lbs

10mm Auto = 180 gr 1180 fps = 556 ft-lbs

.36 Colt 1851 Navy = 80 gr ball 1000 fps = 178 ft-lbs

.44 Colt 1860 Army = 140 gr ball 850 fps = 225 ft-lbs

.56 caliber pistol = 250 gr ball 675 fps = 253 ft-lbs

.69 caliber pistol = 390 grain ball 650 fps = 366 ft-lbs

-------

.44 Walker = 140 gr ball 1200 fps = 448 ft-lbs

.58 1855 Pistol-Carbine = 450 gr Conical 600 fps = 360 ft-lbs

.44 Magnum = 240 gr 1180 fps = 742 ft-lbs

.50 AE = 325 gr 1400 fps = 1414 ft-lbs

--------

.54 Hawken = 230 gr ball 1900 fps = 1843 ft-lbs

.577 1853 Enfield = 530 gr Minié 900 fps = 953 ft-lbs

.58 1861 Springfield = 500 gr Minié 950 fps = 1002 ft-lbs

.450/577 Martini-Henry = 480 gr 1350 fps = 1942 ft-lbs

.303 British = 174 gr 2440 fps = 2300 ft-lbs

7.62x51 = 147 gr 2800 fps = 2559 ft-lbs

8x57 IS = 198 gr 2475 fps = 2726 ft-lbs

.30-06 Spfld. = 180 gr 2700 fps = 2913 ft-lbs

And accuracy depends, pistols might be similar to this era's but modern rifles are equal or better and the best are in another league...

Ok its power, but how abaut accurance. The rigid thick threaded barrel against the movable operating in the short recoil system...   :P   And better balanced weapon, with a longer line of sight :)  I know what i can do on range when i use my Colt Navy Sheriff .44  agnist policeman whit glock 17.. i can shot better and whit lover recoil than him.  And look on cal... 9mm agnist .44?   But power of Ruger Old Army or Ruger Black Hawk... mmm i love this guns. I have one of them. (look on avatar).   :)

Off course you see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ4nl5oH4BA, shoting whit good precise on range more than 1000m is nothing for good muzzleloading guns from end XIX century. 

I dont tell this weapon is better, i tell is better when you must find or make ammo :)   

Edited by Garberro

Ok its power, but how abaut accurance. The rigid thick threaded barrel against the movable operating in the short recoil system...   :P   And better balanced weapon, with a longer line of sight :)  I know what i can do on range when i use my Colt Navy Sheriff .44  agnist policeman whit glock 17.. i can shot better and whit lover recoil than him.

As always, depends... someone might shoot better with one or the other and you will need a Ransom Rest to find the mechanical accuracy. And of course energy alone does not determine the severity of wounds created.

I think abaut apocalipse reality (i know it sounds funny) when ammo is rare... and to shoting from muzzleloading guns you need only gun... rest you can craft. 

What machine loaded the gun?

What?  I load alone, whitout Press.  Revolvers have press frame.