Sign in to follow this  
Slyguy65

Anyone think the hunting/cooking patch might ACTUALLY come out today?

ATLEAST ON EXPERIMENTAL

Its been almost a month now since they said their next bunch of features will be hunting cooking and persistent objects. I am honestly starting to get the same feeling i had with planetside 2 and its development, with dayz.

If you dont know what i mean well its simple they said last year spring a new map would be out for that game around summer last year then winter, i hadnt played that game in months and a buddy told me they still hadn't added it.

Not saying i think dayz is going the same path, its just once they start missing deadlines i notice it just goes downhill from there, but of course we dont know their deadlines unlike planetside which gave a roadmap...that constantly got content shifted around and pushed back by months...so either way it doesnt sound like we will get a clear picture, so the best to do is wait, they have added other things into the game it just feels like the cooking hunting is behind schedule or atleast will be if not released this month.

I suggest you follow the devtracker. According to Dean and co. a considerable amount of resources are being put towards fixing desync and lag issues that came with the .42 patch.

• Like 1

1. It hasnt been announced

2. It's not PATCH DAY, it's SERVER MAINTENANCE DAY.

Gotta keep up with these rudimentary details.

Oh.  No.

Reiterating, it was a huge mistake in a way for them to do this Alpha thing. Entitlement and armchair quarter-programming abound.

I personally don't believe that any of the core game mechanics are going to be implemented soon,and I don't think you should anticapate it as well, just do some other stuff in the meantime.

I think the game is coming right along,the new towns in the North,the new guns and new features etc. with latest patch are awesome :)

As for cooking and hunting and being able to hide a backpack to stash away that will all come ,just need to wait ;)

Deadlines,sometimes best not to make deadlines so that way people don't have any reason to complain that deadlines are not being kept.I imagine it take a lot of time and work/testing for things like this so try and just enjoy the game for what it is abd what it does have for now, while waiting patiantely for what you want ;)

If anything I'd say they are getting over the issues from the last patch, once everything was finally up and running properly I'm hoping they went out for some well deserved beers.  I'm guessing they will start pushing things to experimental when they are ready to be tested.

I personally don't believe that any of the core game mechanics are going to be implemented soon

Then what the fuck are the zombies? Don't tell me they're not core mechanics in a zombie game..

Then what the fuck are the zombies? Don't tell me they're not core mechanics in a zombie game..

I wouldn't call the current zombies an implementation of anything except perhaps Advil/Tylenol. (;

• Like 1

I wouldn't call the current zombies an implementation of anything except perhaps Advil/Tylenol. (;

So... You're using zombies as painkillers?

I seriously don't understand what you just wrote O.o

I doubt there will be a content update today.  They are likely behind a week or two due to the problems getting v42 from Experimental to Stable.

I believe Dean has said the typical pace will be 3 weeks to deploy new content to Experimental, followed by one week of testing on Experimental, then content deployed to stable...so basically a 4 week cycle if all goes according to plan.  

Big problems like we saw in the last cycle will typically/understandably delay the next content patch.   v42 went to Experimental on Feb 25th - four weeks ago - and it took three weeks to complete the deployment to Stable.  The next major content update for Experimental maybe delayed by as much as 3 weeks, although I'd guess 1-2 as long as nothing serious breaks in the meantime.    

*this is just idle speculation on my part.  I have no insider knowledge...

Edited by iBane

*this is just idle speculation on my part.  I have no insider knowledge...

Well, it's a good guess... and it's at least sensible, unlike complaining :)

• Like 2

Well, it's a good guess... and it's at least sensible, unlike complaining :)

I've been around long enough (i.e. I'm old) to know that complaining doesn't get me very far or provide much useful feedback for the devs in these situations.   :D

They NEVER said they had a release date for the not so secret patch that was to include Fireplaces, AKM, and Chernaya.  There going to release it when they release it.....it's quite that simple. xD

Working on them and committing to them in any release or timeframe are two different things. The only thing I'm certain of is that this forum will light up with complaints about WHATEVER is released next patch and if we don't get one today.

Edited by makomachine

No.

Edit: Well fuck me, DayZ Experimental Branch is updating right now. 171MB

v 0.43.116315

Still don't think it's anything major.

Edited by solodude23

They mentioned that they going to push survival patch to the end of this month hopefully Friday or maybe today. We all just wish. :rolleyes:

tell me what you find squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*it's patching it's patching!*

tumblr_mmxpt3Lrcn1sqd4u4o1_500.gif

ATLEAST ON EXPERIMENTAL

Its been almost a month now since they said their next bunch of features will be hunting cooking and persistent objects. I am honestly starting to get the same feeling i had with planetside 2 and its development, with dayz.

If you dont know what i mean well its simple they said last year spring a new map would be out for that game around summer last year then winter, i hadnt played that game in months and a buddy told me they still hadn't added it.

Not saying i think dayz is going the same path, its just once they start missing deadlines i notice it just goes downhill from there, but of course we dont know their deadlines unlike planetside which gave a roadmap...that constantly got content shifted around and pushed back by months...so either way it doesnt sound like we will get a clear picture, so the best to do is wait, they have added other things into the game it just feels like the cooking hunting is behind schedule or atleast will be if not released this month.

At least with Planetside 2, they got their act together and are releasing weekly updates on schedule now!

I'm sure DayZ will start to eventually pull it together, sometimes, it takes time for a team to start to mesh and sync. Sometimes, a long time. Especially when they just added a bunch of new people who need to acclimate themselves to the game, code, and people they are working with.

Hello there

Dont put false deadlines in place.

Until you hear an official release schedule for something dont get your hopes up.

Even then issues can arise.

The guys are working hard, you will get a great game, its going to take time, there will be heartache and joy along the way.

Rgds

LoK