hannibaldaplaya

Aradia's Playstyle Poll: Featuring TOOOOOONS of Options!

The Playstyle Poll to Rule them ALL  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What is your policy on KOS?

• KOS everyone I see, all the time.
    • KOS everyone I see, unless I'm in a really good mood.
    • KOS everyone except freshspawns, unless they pull out their dukes.
    • KOS everyone except freshspawns and fellows without guns, unless they try to axe me or something.
    • KOS everyone with a gun, unless they clearly don't have ammo.
    • KOS everyone with a gun, even if they are clearly out of rounds.
    • KOS no one, though not friendly- Observe from a distance before deciding to pursue and engage.
    • KOS no one. Call out to unarmed and freshspawns. Avoid armed.
    • KOS no one. Call out to all, unless they're confirmed to be doing stuff you don't agree with, which in that case you engage.
    • KOS no one. Call out to all, unless they're confirmed to be doing stuff you don't agree with, which in that case you avoid.
    • KOS no one. Call out to no one. Avoid everyone.
    • I change up my KOS policy daily.
  2. 2. What is your main strategy?

• Engage the enemy out-right, with the intent to kill.
    • Sneak up on the enemy, and then engage, with the intent to kill.
    • Avoid the enemy. Pure stealth, with the purpose of getting the hell away.
    • Immobilize the enemy, via handcuffs, shooting out of the legs, or knocking out with the intent to rob / leave them for dead.
    • Immobilize the enemy, via handcuffs, shooting out of the legs, or knocking out with the intent to unarm the enemy and leave them to live another day.
  3. 3. What do you see yourself as?

• A survivor- I do what I must to survive, be it murder or be it theft.
    • A hero- I dedicate my life to helping others, and stopping the scum of Chernarus.
    • A bandit- I stop others, rob them, perhaps indulge in some creative torture, and then leave them limping with a bag full of stolen loot.
    • A killer- I open fire on everyone I see, with the intents to kill them. If I loot their bodies is up to me.
    • A psychopath- I kill people, but I do it in the most fun way I can come up with.
    • A hunter- I stalk my prey before taking the fatal shot. I prefer the element of surprise. I prefer taking out my enemies quickly and precisely, instead of starting a firefight. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt.
    • A sly survivor- I avoid all threats, sticking to the shadows, making sure no one who may be a threat to me even catches a glimpse of me.
    • I change up how I play daily.
    • A medic- I work to help other players medically, but don't take measures against bandits.
    • A combat medic- I work to help other players medically, and I also get rid of pesky bandits.

This is the playstyle poll to end all playstyle polls.

I've tried to make it as unbiased as possible.

FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST OPTIONS FOR THE QUESTIONS

Edited by Insane Aradia
  • Like 8

In most cases (I get jumpy), I only KoS if they have a gun out and they see me OR they have their fists/melee weapon out and are too close. If I see someone in a town, even if they aren't armed, I run away.

Edited by Tibialis

nice one.

i picked survior only cause i run solo right now

if i had a proper crew i'd be psycho as hell

hard to get the drop and torture mulitples as a soloist

For the last question, "None of the above: What I am changes day to day".

For the last question, "None of the above: What I am changes day to day".

Added.

Nice poll. You can find me in the woods up north. I haven't talk to a person in a week. Have only one player kill in 100 hours of play. I'm full kit. In and out of towns/cities/military spots in 5 min or less. Killing walkers and having a blast. Can't wait for hunting and shelters.

Really enjoying the people entering in the poll. :D

is 4 a sykolagicool studee

• Like 1

For the second question under immobilization include knocking out.

For the second question under immobilization include knocking out.

Got it. :D

You should add medic - I play to help people but don't do anything to rid chernarus of bandits.

• Like 1

You should add medic - I play to help people but don't do anything to rid chernarus of bandits.

Done. ^-^

In most cases (I get jumpy), I only KoS if they have a gun out and they see me OR they have their fists/melee weapon out and are too close. If I see someone in a town, even if they aren't armed, I run away.

Same here.  Gun out = KoS.  I try to be friendly but I lose my shit easily.

You should add Combat Medic. I work as a combat medic for a few hero squads from time to time... Not only do I help out anyone I can, but I also actively kill bandits.

You should add Combat Medic. I work as a combat medic for a few hero squads from time to time... Not only do I help out anyone I can, but I also actively kill bandits.

done

• Like 1

I'm glad "Survivor - do what I must to survive" is an option. Day Z is pretty grey and just because you kill someone doesn't make you a Bandit. I've had to kill a Bambi or two. Sometimes they don't listen and you have to put them down. Me and my group had to today. 2 co-operated and would have left there alive with some food and water. But the 3rd one kept running around. Since they were all friends, we had to put them all in the ground. Do what you must.

Anyway, story time's over. Sweet thread, broski.

If I am killed by glitch, I play as a bandit. If I am murdered I play as a hero. If I am killed by a Zed, or disease then I play as a survivor. Unless I get a wild hair up my ass and change my mind  :lol:

If I am killed by glitch, I play as a bandit. If I am murdered I play as a hero. If I am killed by a Zed, or disease then I play as a survivor. Unless I get a wild hair up my ass and change my mind :lol:

I can just see you mumbling-

"T-Those.. stairs.. all the f-freshspawns f-fault.. !"

• Like 1

Nice poll - sly survivor here. If I'm engaged I view that as likely a mistake on my part. I play as I would in the real world - avoid firefights and survive. I'm not friendly either - nobody can really be trusted in this phase of the apocalypse. This seems to me to be early hours, looting, civil unrest, and disorganization being the theme. Desperate people doing desperate things. When the Zeds are even more a threat, what few survivors left will have no choice but to work together in groups. At that point, I shift strategies. Until then, keep your head down and survive.

I can just see you mumbling-

"T-Those.. stairs.. all the f-freshspawns f-fault.. !"

But of course, and the ladders, who gave all the damn bambies wrenches to undo the ladder fasteners! I'll find them, and your little heros too! 

Perhaps we can get 100 participants?

This is the playstyle poll to end all playstyle polls.

I've tried to make it as unbiased as possible.

I felt unrepresented as I do vary my style, but when I KOS, which is mostly, I:

KOS only those that are prepared to defend themselves.. I will typically not engage an opponent without his knowledge unless I feel I am at a tactical disadvantage or outnumbered. I tend to let them know I am there one way or another before opening fire. I feel its rather cheap to shoot someone in the head who is busy looting or eating and has no idea I am even there, unless again I am cornered and outnumbered or at a severe disadvantage.. in that case its survival first ;)

I have no idea how you would word that as an option in the poll :D

Edited by lrish

We're only 12 away from having a smooth 100 participants. :D