Sign in to follow this  
willhelm

Pistol thigh holster.

DO NOT CONFUSE THESE WITH THE HOLSTER CURRENTLY IN THE GAME.

post-189673-0-14605200-1395737658_thumb.post-189673-0-81044700-1395737670_thumb.

This may have been already suggested, but I think it's worth bringing up again.

• Like 11

Drop-down holsters are suggested before :)

Yes, definitely yes. And fitting animations when drawing pistol from holster.

DO NOT CONFUSE THESE WITH THE HOLSTER CURRENTLY IN THE GAME.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

This may have been already suggested, but I think it's worth bringing up again.

Can confirm it's already suggested.

Last time I saw a dev response was From Chris (Lead Artist), he said he likes the idea and would like to see it added, but then went on about the work it would require with different sized pants and such.

(From Memory, Confirm/ disprove if you can)

In all though, I think it would add a lot to gameplay, as well as having waist spaces for utility belts, holsters and fanny packs :)

The idea that we only have holsters for our chest seems very silly to me at the moment.

As well as holsters giving you a disadvantage with people being able to see your pistol.

Backpacks should have an extended equip something from it time, items like pistols in your pants should stick out somewhere.

Keep discussion going.

• Like 1

Last time I saw a dev response was From Chris (Lead Artist), he said he likes the idea and would like to see it added, but then went on about the work it would require with different sized pants and such.

In all though, I think it would add a lot to gameplay, as well as having waist spaces for utility belts, holsters and fanny packs :)

The idea that we only have holsters for our chest seems very silly to me at the moment.

As well as holsters giving you a disadvantage with people being able to see your pistol.

Backpacks should have an extended equip something from it time, items like pistols in your pants should stick out somewhere.

Keep discussion going.

You're right, He said there would be major clipping issues with varying pants type. I hope it's added though, As it's more common than a chest rig/holster.

Edited by Preach
  • Like 1

Keep discussion going.

If not drop-down holster than at least the possibility to attach one to your molle-vest. Would work too and be easier to implement but drop-down would be better obviously.

my sig ;)

(if you mean holsters for the legs/upper legs)

when i suggested this, Chris answered smth. like this: "We see how difficult they are to implement"

;)

Edited by irishroy

I've lost too many m1911s to ruining my trousers

I've lost too many m1911s to ruining my trousers

Only have sticks, compass, fresh fruit etc. in your pants.

pristine pants go from new to ruined under 2 hours of gameplay.

I guarantee it.

I guarantee it.

it's why i carry two spare pairs of pants in my inventory at all times

I guarantee it.

My pristine cargo pants have been pristine for a good 5+ hours of this new update, and a while from before :)

DayZ gods, give me a fanny pack!

Edited by Gandroid

My pristine cargo pants have been pristine for a good 5+ hours of this new update, and a while from before :)

Justin-Timberlake-Blank-Stare.gif

• Like 1