Sign in to follow this  
goodc420

Experimental

yes i already know theres threads about this, and the loot fixes and such, i was just wondering if anyone had an idea of when the servers will be up, hicks wasnt too specific in his posts and i was gearing my experimental toon last night, and was looking foward to finishing him today.

hmmm not sure yet buddy, i made a thread about this earlier, i think its until tomorrow, and yes ALOT of the LOOT spawns is fixed including ALL OF THE TENTS!

i know! and i when i saw the posts about this before when i tried to log on i was even more excited to hop on and check it out! thanks for a legitimate reply btw i was expecting someone saying something like "CHECK OTHER THREADS NOOB STOP QQING" 

i know! and i when i saw the posts about this before when i tried to log on i was even more excited to hop on and check it out! thanks for a legitimate reply btw i was expecting someone saying something like "CHECK OTHER THREADS NOOB STOP QQING" 

To be fair, your prediction has very legitimate grounds. This community is known for its pomposity.

+1 FOR TENT LEWT.

It has me concerned though that they pushed it to exp.. it was live for a short period of time and now all of the servers are down.

I hope that its just them tweaking things, and not bad news.

Edited by lrish

It has me concerned though that they pushed it to exp.. it was live for a short period of time and now all of the servers are down.

I hope that its just them tweaking things, and not bad news.

perhaps it caused to much loot and strained the server i was always a believer they should make every place spawn or have a chance to spawn loot but reduce it across the board so the economy of loot stays the same but the dispersion of it is spread making looting take longer having to check every building and room..

• Like 2

Yeah I have a hard time figuring out why they cannot implement the loot and zombie spawn mechanic that was in place in the mods.. All of it spawned off of players being in the area. It would optimize the hell out of things, as the towns that no one has traveled to yet, would have nothing spawned there.. at all. The server would run much smoother. It should be a very simple tweak to the code.. but I guess they either have a reason not too yet, or its not quite as straight forward as it seemed to be in the mods.

• Like 1

Yeah I have a hard time figuring out why they cannot implement the loot and zombie spawn mechanic that was in place in the mods.. All of it spawned off of players being in the area. It would optimize the hell out of things, as the towns that no one has traveled to yet, would have nothing spawned there.. at all. The server would run much smoother. It should be a very simple tweak to the code.. but I guess they either have a reason not too yet, or its not quite as straight forward as it seemed to be in the mods.

I agree with the loot being spawned on character presence (500m of character) but with zombies they need to say keep the level of persistant zeds they have now so that when you scope down on a city/town you cant tell if a player is there by seeing zeds.

But to gain the extra amount of zeds needed to up the difficulty anti a bit they should spawn extra zeds of character presence , with the reduced load of loot not always being there it should give them enough server stability to crank things up.

It would be as easy to do as it was in the mod as the base engine is still the same for the most part although spawning of character was done by script and they are trying to remove script commands if they leave script commands in then it allows hackers an easier job of hacking, in a perfect world of no hackers the method i prescribed would be the best but as it stands one can only guess where they will milk enough optimization to get everything in they want and mostly keep hackers out....

• Like 1

I agree with the loot being spawned on character presence (500m of character) but with zombies they need to say keep the level of persistant zeds they have now so that when you scope down on a city/town you cant tell if a player is there by seeing zeds.

But to gain the extra amount of zeds needed to up the difficulty anti a bit they should spawn extra zeds of character presence , with the reduced load of loot not always being there it should give them enough server stability to crank things up.

It would be as easy to do as it was in the mod as the base engine is still the same for the most part although spawning of character was done by script and they are trying to remove script commands if they leave script commands in then it allows hackers an easier job of hacking, in a perfect world of no hackers the method i prescribed would be the best but as it stands one can only guess where they will milk enough optimization to get everything in they want and mostly keep hackers out....

Spot on.. :D

Very good ideas indeed man. 

Edited by lrish

The FL experimental servers are showing up for me, and are working as of now.. I really want to join and see what new places are lootable

But its late. Sleepy time.

It was 200M in the mod and it should stay that way. 500M is way overkill. xD