nogard18

My first unfair death.

Here i was, playing DayZ with a friend, was all geared up with an M4a1 without a magazine and lots of food and drinks, a compass, medical supplies, everything. It felt good being in the upper hand, and i even had a Wolf mask which look incredibly awesome.

I journeyed to find my friend near shore, i found him, helped him, and we journeyed onward to the beginning of our adventure.

We saw a survivor running from 2 zombies, i instantly shouted from my mic: "Don't worry my friend, we'll help you!" I shot one zombie down, loaded the chamber with another bullet and shot the other one down too. He thanked us, and went on with his life, it felt good helping someone else. And so we went forward, until we found a house with some clothes for my friend.

Suddenly, i see some guy running like a mad man towards us with a rake as a weapon. I should've said stop or i'll shoot, but i panicked and just screamed at my friend (we were on skype): "DUDE THERE'S SOMEONE RUNNING TOWARDS US" this guy starts striking me like mad, with one hit i lose blood and injure my arms and legs, i shoot him once hitting him in the belly, it didn't do anything. He kept hitting me before i was able to load my gun's chamber with another bullet and i die.. 

Everything.. lost.. in a matter of seconds.. my friend , trying to help me, hits him with a chainsaw but with no effect.. he still died.. we lost everything, my mask, my guns, all of my supplies.. gone..

I raged, i kept silent for a few minutes, and then re-spawned.. Now i'm really going to be scarred for life, and if i see anyone i might kill them on sight.

Thank you, dear random bandit, i hope all of my stuff suits you well, and i sure as hell hope you don't get shot in the back of the head and pissed on.

Sounds like you got unlucky and came here to cry about it. 

And now you are going to be another KoS bandit because you raged a death?

Get out

be thankful that you got killed by a player and not a pathetic glitch, ive had many deaths from glitches, but my most recent one was by far the worst, i was on experimental at balota with my friend. we were looting the side buildings at the strip closest to the town area, when suddenly a zombie comes up through the building (keep in mind i was completely healthy) the zombie hit me once, as i had a gun in my hand about to switch my axe, and before i could even think, the zombie hits me a second time and i instantly fall to the ground dead, not unconscious, not a broken leg, dead. from completely healthy to magically dead. yes it was on experimental, so i could understand, but still you get the point. i was fully geared with 3 side arms and the M4, full armor.  

• Like 1

You're bad so you died .... that's the greatest story I've ever heard! Do you have time to tell it again?

List of my DayZ deaths from when I started playing

My first unfair death was I opened a door so my leg randomly broke and I died.

My second was I was running through the woods ... so my leg randomly broke and I died.

My 3rd was I was walking through the window into the hospital ... so again my leg randomly broke and I died.

My 4th was I was standing in Elektro and a hacker dropped a nuclear warhead on the city ... so my leg broke and I died.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 3

UNFAIR death? You just stood there watching a guy beat you with a rake.

You are very bad at this game.

My first unfair death was when my friend decided to test the force feed feature with a rotten fruit.

Edited by Geckofrog7

........... my friend , trying to help me, hits him with a chainsaw but with no effect..................

Where did he find the Chainsaw? If you mean Hacksaw..... still funny :-)

Edited by lauda

LOL, you think that is unfair?

PCilOOT.jpg

This is an unfair death. (Pictured, death room in an office building, I get to leave my pc on all night not doing crap so my char can die!

8uSTVe3.jpg

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 3

LOL, you think that is unfair?

PCilOOT.jpg

This is an unfair death. (Pictured, death room in an office building, I get to leave my pc on all night not doing crap so my char can die!

8uSTVe3.jpg

Unfair is that everyone knows how to get out of that situation except you :-)

Unfair is that everyone knows how to get out of that situation except you :-)

You think I haven't tried every trick in the book? Rolling? Vaulting? Logging back in while doing both? Setting the everything to 'very high'? Crawling? Sprinting during login? None of it worked after an hour of trying.

Please, do tell me how to get out of this situation. Trust me, I've gotten out of several wall glitched areas before, but they fixed something since the last patch so there would be less wall glitchers in the prison buildings. Afaik anyways.

On topic, everyone has died like that. Everyone. It's a part of the game, embrace it. My first time getting shot to death when I had nothing was more 'unfair' than this, at least that guy had a reason to crack yer skull in.

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 1

Your death was due to your stupidity.

You did shoot him in the belly, and in real life he would have been at least stunned by that, but still.

HE HAD A RAKE AND YOU HAD A BULLET!

• Like 1

UNFAIR death? You just stood there watching a guy beat you with a rake.

You are very bad at this game.

My first unfair death was when my friend decided to test the force feed feature with a rotten fruit.

I panicked, and i tried to make him stop. I had no magazine and i had to load each bullet in the chamber. I had a bat as a melee weapon but i was in too big of a stress to even be reminded of it.

Of course i'm bad at the game, i freaking started it yesterday.

• Like 4

I panicked, and i tried to make him stop. I had no magazine and i had to load each bullet in the chamber. I had a bat as a melee weapon but i was in too big of a stress to even be reminded of it.

Of course i'm bad at the game, i freaking started it yesterday.

Solution: run away lol. Why would you try to shoot someone who is already beating you in melee?

In any case, this is by no means an "unfair death" Yes, it can most certainly be justified because you are new, everyone has these kind of derp moments. Doesn't make it unfair.

Edited by Geckofrog7

You had a Payday mask. I would have KoS' d you instantly- Payday is bandit in my book. Doesn't matter if you are really a bandit or not, you have the mask and I kill you.

• Like 6

Lol,last time i played i killed two geared guys around a house almost exactly as you described. I saw them both from far away up on hill and as one of em entered a house i used the opportunity and rushed inside. I had nothing to lose since was almost fresh spawn and had only melee weapon.

As soon as i saw the guy i started swinging my crowbar while screaming inside of my head like a wildling. The guy panicked and started to run,turned around and shot me,but we were inside the house and i chased him to death. While i was looting his body his friend appeared at the door and shot me with a shotgun. I dont know ehat miracle made him miss but after the shot i heard the marvellous sound *click* *click* of an empty magazine.

I picked the axe of the corpse and chased him down the stairs to the outside and started the massacre again with the poor guy who got chopped down. Dont know if it were u both as you say he came with a chainsaw but it felt like a real psycopath of an apocaliptic world. Best experience in dayz so far,i was

laughing my ass out with it.

Nothing personal to those guys but its a harsh world out there.

Edited by Ayakito

I found a sniper on sniper hill one time and despite being standing up and only 10 feet from him, my last 2 SKS bullets hit an invisible wall.

So I charged him with an axe but because he was downhill from me and had started moving I couldn't seem to hit him with it...

Yeah he shot me twice with a magnum and I died.

So I got on the mic and just started laughing. No sense in raging over getting killed, especially when it's your own fault

• Like 1

My 4th was I was standing in Elektro and a hacker dropped a nuclear warhead on the city ... so my leg broke and I died.

Was that a joke or can anything like that really happen? :|

Was that a joke or can anything like that really happen? :|

This was early Mod days not in SA and no it wasn't a joke. They used to blow up entire cities with nuclear bombs. It was amazing. That is why I never had a problem with the hackers in the mod because they weren't hacking to go around 1 shotting everyone from max range they were doing crazy stuff like this that was so cool it made up for the fact that they were "hacking".

We also had some weird luck with hackers in the mod like one time one of the main paid hack's main website admin teleported to us completely randomly when were in a field south east of Stary and started talking to us and joking around with us for like 20 mins (after we were all like WTF WTF and 5 people started blasting him with machine guns from all angles as he just stood there and laughed) while script leg breaking anyone who got near us and then accidentally did something where he made everyone on the server go up like 6 feet in the air and drop breaking everyone's legs but then he healed our group and then wandered off.

I have a bunch of weird stories like that from the mod. Another real crazy one was again random hacker TPs to us when we're north of Elektro and starts talking to us. He then spawned a control tower from the airports complete with loot and zombie spawning.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

Unfair? Today i've fired a full magazine of a 1911 (7 .45  rounds) in the hip of a KOSer that was a 3 inches from me ( he didn't se my hiding place and has simply walked next to me looking in another direction) and he turned, runned away and killed me with a headshoot while i was reloading. I don't think was lag cause he wasn't moving, i can't have miss cause his body was the only thing in my view sight, so i must presume that or he was a cheater or there's a bug in 1911 damage output.. next time i will bring a  more incisive sawed-off  <_<  

To sum it all up OP: prepare your anus for unfair deaths in this game or you're not gonna have a very good time.

• Like 1

Man, that's not all that decked out. M4 is a shit rifle without attachments, and you didn't even have a magazine for it? Shit, man.

Anyway, don't let this community or that death discourage you. It happens. We've all died a silly death because we didn't do the right thing at the right time. Especially when we first started.

• Like 1

I was really expecting a crazy story about dying from lag or a glitch or something of the sort. Not another player killed you. That's completely fair.  Most of the players on here have had tons of way more unfair deaths, such as clipping threw a building and falling to their death, randomly dying from desync/player spawning on top of them, climbing up a ladder/running and breaking their legs leading to death. Those are unfair ways to die. Alas, this is alpha, and it happens often.

BiGoDeViN, nice profile pic, she creeps me the hell out in that episode.  :)

Cheers

BiGoDeViN, nice profile pic, she creeps me the hell out in that episode.  :)

Cheers

Thanks, man. I actually haven't seen any season 4 stuff, yet. I only know she exists because of Memebase. And they already spoiled a bunch of season 4 shit for me, so no spoilers, pl0x. :)

Here i was, playing DayZ with a friend, was all geared up with an M4a1 without a magazine and lots of food and drinks, a compass, medical supplies, everything. It felt good being in the upper hand, and i even had a Wolf mask which look incredibly awesome.

I journeyed to find my friend near shore, i found him, helped him, and we journeyed onward to the beginning of our adventure.

We saw a survivor running from 2 zombies, i instantly shouted from my mic: "Don't worry my friend, we'll help you!" I shot one zombie down, loaded the chamber with another bullet and shot the other one down too. He thanked us, and went on with his life, it felt good helping someone else. And so we went forward, until we found a house with some clothes for my friend.

Suddenly, i see some guy running like a mad man towards us with a rake as a weapon. I should've said stop or i'll shoot, but i panicked and just screamed at my friend (we were on skype): "DUDE THERE'S SOMEONE RUNNING TOWARDS US" this guy starts striking me like mad, with one hit i lose blood and injure my arms and legs, i shoot him once hitting him in the belly, it didn't do anything. He kept hitting me before i was able to load my gun's chamber with another bullet and i die.. 

Everything.. lost.. in a matter of seconds.. my friend , trying to help me, hits him with a chainsaw but with no effect.. he still died.. we lost everything, my mask, my guns, all of my supplies.. gone..

I raged, i kept silent for a few minutes, and then re-spawned.. Now i'm really going to be scarred for life, and if i see anyone i might kill them on sight.

Thank you, dear random bandit, i hope all of my stuff suits you well, and i sure as hell hope you don't get shot in the back of the head and pissed on.

If it cheers you up, I was just shot through a wall by some guy inside the jail building in Balota. GRATS ON THE "FIX" DEVS.

• Like 1

Thanks, man. I actually haven't seen any season 4 stuff, yet. I only know she exists because of Memebase. And they already spoiled a bunch of season 4 shit for me, so no spoilers, pl0x. :)

Get going noob Spoiler alert: the season finale is next week.

Edited by Weedz