Sign in to follow this  
HeroOfTheHeros

When will DayZ Standalone get to the Beta phase?

I'm interested because I am getting DayZ Mod and Standalone in May, and I would like to know if the price will get higher for the Standalone.

Probably around late 2014 early 2015.

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 1

Probably around late 2014 early 2015.

Oh.

Thank you!

By the way, could you give me an advice? What should I play first - SA or Mod?

Edited by HeroOfTheHeros

Oh.

Thank you!

By the way, could you give me an advice? What should I play first - SA or Mod?

The Mod has been pulled from its roots and turned into a Free For All death match.

I recommend standalone for its a more pure experience than the mod.

• Like 1

The Mod has been pulled from its roots and turned into a Free For All death match.

OK.

But the Mod has helicopters. >:D

OK, I'll try the SA first.

Thank you!

Yeh the mod is basicly a giant pvp clusterfuck, with 1000 vehicles on each server, you start with a fully geared toon and theres no challenge in the survival at all.

So if you want big guns, lots of cars and pvp till you puke, go for the mod :)

If you want to try and survive in a harsh world, with little to no resources, go for the SA :)

• Like 1

Yeh the mod is basicly a giant pvp clusterfuck, with 1000 vehicles on each server, you start with a fully geared toon and theres no challenge in the survival at all.

So if you want big guns, lots of cars and pvp till you puke, go for the mod :)

If you want to try and survive in a harsh world, with little to no resources, go for the SA :)

Thank you, but I said that I'll get both.

What do you advice me to try first? SA or Mod?

EDIT: Oh, looks like you answered that.

Well, I like both big guns, explosions, helicopters and survival.

What should I try first?

Edited by HeroOfTheHeros

Thank you, but I said that I'll get both.

What do you advice me to try first? SA or Mod?

Its entirely up to your "needs and wantings" mate :)

Theres a giant difference from the mod to the SA, the mod is generally alot easier and focused more on PVP.

The SA seems to be harder, when it comes to survival, with far less weapons, no vehicles and no respawning loot yet :)

Im gonna have to say i would start with SA, if i were you, simply because its the game with the most potential and its still in early development, so theres a long way to go,

+ its alot more fun to be part of the development process, then just playing the mod, which will never hit a final stage anyway :)

It might be the hardest to start with SA, but its by far the most rewarding experience tbh, as obtaining items in the mod is a joke, with little to no challenge attached.

• Like 1

SA is my vote. Why? Because it doubles as an ultra marathon trainer! And it's alpha which is awesome! :)

• Like 2

Its entirely up to your "needs and wantings" mate :)

Theres a giant difference from the mod to the SA, the mod is generally alot easier and focused more on PVP.

The SA seems to be harder, when it comes to survival, with far less weapons, no vehicles and no respawning loot yet :)

Im gonna have to say i would start with SA, if i were you, simply because its the game with the most potential and its still in early development, so theres a long way to go,

+ its alot more fun to be part of the development process, then just playing the mod, which will never hit a final stage anyway :)

It might be the hardest to start with SA, but its by far the most rewarding experience tbh, as obtaining items in the mod is a joke, with little to no challenge attached.

Thank you. I will start with the SA. Then I'll go on some Mod servers and play with some of my friends who already have the Mod, fight, use helicopters. :D

Then when SA will get helicopters and other vehicles I'll move to it, and will only play on the Mod for the stuff SA doesn't have yet, or to play with those friends.

I actually wanted to do that in the start, too.

SA is my vote. Why? Because it doubles as an ultra marathon trainer! And it's alpha which is awesome! :)

OK. :D

Thank you. I will start with the SA. Then I'll go on some Mod servers and play with some of my friends who already have the Mod, fight, use helicopters. :D

Then when SA will get helicopters and other vehicles I'll move to it, and will only play on the Mod for the stuff SA doesn't have yet, or to play with those friends.

I actually wanted to do that in the start, too.

I think you will get the best experience out of it, that way, and at the same time be an active participant in the development of the game :)

And you can expect vehicles in the SA to be way more complex then they are in the mod, thats basicly why we dont have them yet hehe.

• Like 1

I think you will get the best experience out of it, that way, and at the same time be an active participant in the development of the game :)

And you can expect vehicles in the SA to be way more complex then they are in the mod, thats basicly why we dont have them yet hehe.

OK.

As I stated in my before last post, I'll mostly be on SA when helicopters and cars will be released there. :D

OK.

As I stated in my before last post, I'll mostly be on SA when helicopters and cars will be released there. :D

Question still remains, will we actually get a helicopter in the SA :)

As far as i know, its not confirmed yet, only that we get "vehicles" but not which type and what not hehe.

Exciting times ahead indeed hehe.

• Like 1

Question still remains, will we actually get a helicopter in the SA :)

As far as i know, its not confirmed yet, only that we get "vehicles" but not which type and what not hehe.

Exciting times ahead indeed hehe.

I'm sure we will.

If there are helicopter crashes there must be helicopters themselves. :D

• Like 1

I'm sure we will.

If there are helicopter crashes there must be helicopters themselves. :D

We dont know if we will get the heli crashes either ;)

Theres alot of "if's" in the SA atm.

But thats for the mod mate :)
Theres no crash sites in the SA atm, so that site needs updating tbh hehe

EDIT:
He says in the video aswell, theres no loot :)
Its just a static crashed chopper they added to the map.

Edited by Byrgesen

But thats for the mod mate :)

Theres no crash sites in the SA atm, so that site needs updating tbh hehe

EDIT:

He says in the video aswell, theres no loot :)

Its just a static crashed chopper they added to the map.

Wait, here's what I wanted to say: It says: This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Helicopter Crash Sites

Edited by HeroOfTheHeros

I played the mod for the first time the other day, and while it did look much less polished and older, which makes sense since it is, I did enjoy it a lot.  The vehicles and weapons were new to me and instead of sitting there nitpicking what I liked or disliked when compared to the standalone, I just treated it like a different, albeit similar, game.

I will have to agree that its largely pvp as far as my experience so far goes, but then again, so is a lot of the standalone.

Wait, here's what I wanted to say: It says: This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Helicopter Crash Sites

But they are "lying" mate :)

Helicrashes arent part of the SA yet, so that "wiki" is wrong.

But they are "lying" mate :)

Helicrashes arent part of the SA yet, so that "wiki" is wrong.

Oh...

Well, I'm sure we'll  get the helis anyway, even if not, we have the Mod. :D

• Like 1

I think we might get choppers one day in DayZ but as they give us rather russian weapons and civilian stuff we might also rather get civilian vehicles and maybe the mi-17 choppers. I think the Helicrashes mensionned in the earlier posts where also from the mi-17 model. i loved the mi-17 in the mod it was so damn fast! :D

May i remind you that when you ask for crashed helicopters, what you're really asking for is more / better loot.