rigz

steam down (again) means no fun in dayz

title says it all :(

why is not existing back up system for join server when steam is fucked >:(

is every time last months steam going offline :huh:

I pay I want play >:(

edit is back online :thumbsup:  :D

Edited by KoS

steam back up (belgium), what happens when steam goes offline when u are in dayz ? or once dayz is runned steam can crash without dayz crashing..

steam back up (belgium), what happens when steam goes offline when u are in dayz ? or once dayz is runned steam can crash without dayz crashing..

Won't affect you ingame. I got dc'ed from Steam like 3 times in 20 mins, but still haven't even gotten that red chain for connection lost. If you are ingame, you can easily play, but i think you can't start the game if steam is offline (? need confirmation on that one)

It's been down for about 20 out of 30 days for the past month, seems Valve can't fix their own shit.

Me and my friends have also been having problems with Steam over the past few weeks. It's especially annoying because it always seems to happen whenever we feel like playing a game. Luckily it only goes down for a matter of minutes (The most being about 20 minutes), so it fades fairly quickly.

Won't affect you ingame. I got dc'ed from Steam like 3 times in 20 mins, but still haven't even gotten that red chain for connection lost. If you are ingame, you can easily play, but i think you can't start the game if steam is offline (? need confirmation on that one)

i can confirm that if steam does not runs u cant startup dayz or every other game u bought trough steam, but good u confirmed once ingame u stay ingame without having the steam problems.

I somehow made it into Dayz with steam on "offline mode" during the steam downtime - everytime I started to play I got an authentication error - due to steam not being online

I have only had steam be down maybe 3 times while trying to play dayz - 20 out of 30 days is an extreme exaggeration ^ people should get marks somehow on the forums, become forum bandits or something for bs'ing - now maybe by some extreme chance that's been your experience and you didn't bother trying again and or you have some isp issues

Edited by tiadashi

It's been down for about 20 out of 30 days for the past month, seems Valve can't fix their own shit.

You sure? Steam has only had disconnect issues at my end for 1 day since the meltdown that happened when L4D2 was up for free. And that was this Friday just gone.

You sure? Steam has only had disconnect issues at my end for 1 day since the meltdown that happened when L4D2 was up for free. And that was this Friday just gone.

I've had nothing but trouble for the past month, and a few others I game with