Sign in to follow this  
Ministelis

How do you embed a tweet in the forum?

Screenshot the tweet and embed the picture

You have the option to click "Embed Tweet" when you click on any tweet.

It will give you HTML-code to implement, for example:
(you will just need to make sure to implement it as HTML-code)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>A portrait of a DayZ hero <a href="">http://t.co/EJPfThTl65</a> (via HeartlessOne123 on Reddit) <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DayZ&src=hash">#DayZ</a></p>— Dean Hall (@rocket2guns) <a href="https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/statuses/447919964927033344">24. März 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Other than that no idea - I am banned from Twitter. :D
Edited by kichilron

thanks. yeah I have been doing the picture way and the embed tweet way just produces links. others have embedded their tweets and you can select all the links

I just copy paste off twitter and somehow it magically works

Ex.

DayZ is now back online with 0.43, results of the hotfix look very good with the major desync and lag issues gone

Expand

Don't know if this is what you mean though

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

thanks. yeah I have been doing the picture way and the embed tweet way just produces links. others have embedded their tweets and you can select all the links

You can technically post HTML on the forums, I think it's just a matter of permissions. And the HTML-way is the only way I am aware of.

Simply click on the "Details" button to take you to a page with just the tweet, then simply copy the URL and paste.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 4

Simply click on the "Details" button to take you to a page with just the tweet, then simply copy the URL and paste.

thankyou very much

One stupid question from me. How to use embed tweet on this forum to go to original tweet page (where to click)? So i can see whole discussion.

Quote the post, then copy the Twitter URL in the comment where the tweet normally is.

EDIT: Or, a much easier method as I just noticed, is to click the time on the tweet, directly underneath the text.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

One stupid question from me. How to use embed tweet on this forum to go to original tweet page (where to click)? So i can see whole discussion.

The time / date at the very bottom I think.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

People who made this "thingy" should get their head checked, as clicking on "time/date" is not obvious. Why not put simple button like "Go to tweet page" or similar?